• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Which template to solo Champ bosses?

• Thread starter Arch Magus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
A

Arch Magus

Who out there has experience with their archer or archess with fighting Champ bosses?

what kind of template do you use and why?

I've converted my sword/bush into a Chiv archer.
looks kinda like this so far..aiming for pure damage template, not exactly for pvp, just champ killing.

100+ archery
100+ tactics
100+healing
100+ anatomy
90 chivalry
70+ resist

How do you recommend filling this character out? gear?
also, what are your tactics against different champs?
thanks!

C

Connor_Graham

My standard archer template has taken on most of the champs:

Archery 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 120
Healing 100
Anatomy 95
Resist 90
Chiv 75

This is the same template that I use for Champs, Doom & Peerless.

S

Sephy

Id go med instead of resists, resists is a waste of skill points

C

Connor_Graham

Id go med instead of resists, resists is a waste of skill points
I'd say the same about Med when you're honoring everything you attack and using a Mana Leech bow and have Mana Regen on your suit. Resist keeps your swing speed up when you get cursed, not to mention keeps you from getting poisoned and para'd, along with also keeping you from getting completely mana drained when hit with that spell. For a meleer I'd agree with you but not for an archer.

A

Arch Magus

I'll be sticking with Resist spells.
I think I'll just take him to 6x120.
No bushido.

Nice template Connor, you find the Bushido very helpful?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're looking for pure damage, bushido is very useful, even if lightning strike only hits once every 4 times, that's still 20% extra damage over time. And concentration is useful for additional healing in emergencies, i.e. mages keep poisoning you.

My own template is 115 archery, 115 tactics, 115 bushido, 100 anatomy, 90 healing, 100resist, 85 chivalry and does well against most champs. I prefer a mage for Rikktor in groups, a tamer for Semidar (Greater dragon eats burning gargoyles and succubi with no trouble) and a necro-mage for Baracoon, but those are pretty easy as an ABC archer as well.

C

Connor_Graham

I'll be sticking with Resist spells.
I think I'll just take him to 6x120.
No bushido.

Nice template Connor, you find the Bushido very helpful?
I find Bushido to be extremely useful. Even though archers can only use a couple of the Bushido spells, just LS and the 20% crit chance at 120 make the skill points more than worth it. I've tried several levels of Bushido and found that there is a big difference in total damage and overall playability of the character at 120 as opposed to GM, or even 110.

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have at least 50 bushido on any warrior pvm template. 50 lets you get the damage bonus when honoring your opponent.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have at least 50 bushido on any warrior pvm template. 50 lets you get the damage bonus when honoring your opponent.
You get the same effect of having 65 chivalry however in casting Enemy of One.

Sure you get a damage bonus with 50 bushido like you said...when you honor.
However in order to get the 50% bonus...You would have to consecutively hit your opponent 10 times in a row.

Why you ask? Each step at 50 bushido is 5%. GM is 10%. 50 Percent bonus by hitting 10 times in a row. Each step you will lose some.

Chivalry, can just cast a spell. 100% success rate.

If you wanna do it right, need to just have 100 GM bushido or higher on a template...otherwise don't bother. Use chivalry.

Basically because of the fact, each miss in perfection sets you back THREE steps.

G

gjohnson5

I'd say the same about Med when you're honoring everything you attack and using a Mana Leech bow and have Mana Regen on your suit. Resist keeps your swing speed up when you get cursed, not to mention keeps you from getting poisoned and para'd, along with also keeping you from getting completely mana drained when hit with that spell. For a meleer I'd agree with you but not for an archer.

I would go with focus on a melee template... That way I can regen stamina points if you get hit hard during the fight.
I agree that resist is not a waste of points. I can't stand being paralyzed without resisting spells. Not to mention if your anywhere close to your weight limit, being cursed will make your over weight (and unable to run)

B

Brian Bóruma

I can solo Undead and Bacaroon the others are a bit rough. Undead spam Holy Light and use the MM and chug pots and eat lots of orange pedals. Something I have found for you Chiv archers out there. Do not use EOO until the boss comes out. You will take 100% damage from everything other than what your EOO target is. You will die real quick in a maul.

:D

Here is my template:

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 focus
80 resist
80 chiv

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You let them get close enough where you can holy light? ...wow.

Depending on the spawn, your EoO advice is good. But with some spawns, like undead, EoO helps clean things a lot more quickly.

A comparison:
A necro-mage has to find enemies, approach them, wither wither wither, very often getting beat up in the process. It's fast, it's effective, and it's very dangerous if the necro-mage doesn't know what she's doing (a lot of spawning necro-mages have female characters for Semidar)

The archer on the other hand, can cast enemy of one on the strongest creature around (don't try this at Baracoon, silver serpents and rat archers will both hit you, besides with a repond/vermin slayer, you're one hit killing any rat out there anyhow). With consecrate weapon, nearly everything dies in one or two hits. You stand off at a respectable distance and pluck away at anything that gets into range (starting with the casters). It's safe, it's easy, and very fast. The only thing you need to watch out for is the lich lords and their stupid blood oath. One hit killing yourself is not fun.