• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Which Quiver?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I only PvM, and generally use the Quiver of Infinity. I have acquired a Quiver of the Elements and wonder which one would be best to use. Does the quiver's properties take priority over your bow's properties? And I'm not sure I understand what "Chaos Damage" is. Any feedback would be welcome. Thank you.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have chivalry it is better to use consecrate weapon rather than chaos damage. Chaos damage means it randomly targets a damage type like fire, cold, energy, etc. The quiver takes precedence over damage types, but not certain how it works with consecrate for the quiver of elements. I suspect it puts each elemental damage into the lowest so negating the damage spread.

I don’t wear any quiver anymore. I like the quiver of infinity for holding arrows because it is blessed. You have to wear the quiver infinity to get the lower ammo cost.

I wear the spell focusing sash and the Ranger’s Cloak of Augmentation, which are better than a quiver. The spell focusing works with spell on the weapon too, but not certain that’s an improvement or detriment.

-Lorax

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wear the spell focusing sash and the Ranger’s Cloak of Augmentation, which are better than a quiver. The spell focusing works with spell on the weapon too, but not certain that’s an improvement or detriment.

I did not know that the combo Spell Focusing Sash + Ranger’s Cloak of Augmentation have better results than the Quiver of Infinity....

How about Spell Focusing Sash + Quiver of Infinity ? Would that be better ?

Ranger’s Cloak of Augmentation
Kinetic Eater 5%
Swing Speed Increase 5%
Spell Damage Increase 3%
Lower Mana Cost 1%

Quiver of Infinity
Damage Modifier 10%
Defense Chance Increase 5%
Lower Ammo Cost 20%

Personally, I have a hard time being able to compare the 2. I take it that the Quiver's mods only have effect if it is worn, if it is in the backpack none of them will work, including the Lower Ammo Cost.

Is it better 5% Kinetic Eater or 10% Damage Modifier ?

It is hard to say which is preferable....

Anyone more knowledged can get more into detailed comparison, please ?
Thanks.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all depends if you need the 5% SSI or the 5% DCI. 10% damage modifier gives not a great difference on the damage output, and kinetic eater is almost useless.

J

[JD]

Don't forget the 10% damage bonus from the quiver of infinity. I haven't seen a discussion in a while but my recollection is that this is additional damage above and beyond all your strength, tactics, anat, di, etc... so by not using quiver you are losing on potential dmg and will want to weigh that vs your need for SSI on aug cloak. Someone else may know better however so I leave this to the peanut gallery :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the damage modifier is a % applied after the final damage:

if you do 100 damage without the quiver
with the quiver will be 100 + 10%

this tiny damage is nothing compared to 5% ssi or 5% dci :p

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If your already at your DCI cap and your SSI cap then its a bonus, BUT doesnt the DI modifier only work for archers? where as the DCI works for anyone?

Thunderz

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So you prefer the Ranger's Cloak over the Quiver ?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your already at your DCI cap and your SSI cap then its a bonus, BUT doesnt the DI modifier only work for archers? where as the DCI works for anyone?

Thunderz
yes, bonus works for everyone... except low ammo cost and elemental damages :p

So you prefer the Ranger's Cloak over the Quiver ?
If the 5% ssi will let you to reach a swing checkpoint yes :p

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A "swing checkpoint" ?

What is this ?
the point at which your Swing speed and stamina change the speed of your bow/weap to the next level.

For instance from 2.00s swings to 1.75s swings.

Use the archer skill/weap skill calcs on stratics. make them your friend.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets not forget the 20% Lower Ammo Cost, its a blessed Quiver. So if you die you still have ammo.

I would favor the quiver on an Archer.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets not forget the 20% Lower Ammo Cost, its a blessed Quiver. So if you die you still have ammo.

I would favor the quiver on an Archer.
20% low ammo and blessed still even if you have it on backpack :p