• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which melee skill?

• Thread starter imported_Splup
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Splup

I have decided to finish my Siege Perilous character.

Character will be pure warrior:
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Melee skill

and prolly Chiva+Focus/med, not sure about that yet. Would take poisoning but it's expensive to train...

At the moment character has Mace Fighting, but Iv been considering if I should change to Fencing?

Fencing has nice mortal/AI/Paralyze weps, mace fighting has nice conc weps. Which melee skill should I go for? Im mainly going to PvP, so PvP abilities matter more then PvM.

I

imported_Desolation87

I always thought of it in speed and damage. You start with Fencing quick and low powered, then swords middle range and lastly mace, slow but powerful. Ofcourse there is more to it than that. Seeing that your on siege I'd suggest Fencing, its the most common pvp melee out of the three and therefore easiest to find weps etc. There are some unbelievable war forks out there.

E

eolsunder1

Mace fighting is the cheapest. You can get a PS easy for way cheap. Its slower, but does good damage. Trouble is, most pvp weapons specials tend towards the fencing area.

Fencing is probably the best pvp skill, due to many fast weapons and weapon specials (disarms, bleeds, etc).

In terms of usefulnes, id agree with the other poster.

Fencing.. fast and good weapons. low damage. good specials
swords.. a little less than fencing. med damage
macing.. slow and not many weapons, high damage, ok specials. but very cheap to 120.