• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which Looks Better?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my first shot at customizing an 18x18 so be kind, lol. My house of 10+ yrs is much smaller and was easy to customize. *Interior design* is not a skill of mine so I am muddling through this, hehe. I wanted some feedback on color/tile schemes with my two balconies. The first one blends the best but is really boring, the second one is more traditional wood, the third is just simply pretty but may clash too much. Which one do you guys think is the best (keep in mind this is only about a 50% design at this point)? Also, the dirt areas near the balconies will be filled with flowers.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I like the last one.

Remember, it might clash now but once you decorate it, it might look really nice!

Also remember to put access points to your flower beds, right now I don't see any way for you to get flowers in those dirt areas.

1609973913157.png

You'll need doors in those areas since you have railings blocking access.

If character copy is working, I'd get some plants and deco to test and build the house there.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the last one.

Remember, it might clash now but once you decorate it, it might look really nice!

Also remember to put access points to your flower beds, right now I don't see any way for you to get flowers in those dirt areas.

View attachment 115173

You'll need doors in those areas since you have railings blocking access.

If character copy is working, I'd get some plants and deco to test and build the house there.
Don't need access points. Just gozas and ladder. Just make sure you can walk on the lower one. I see one tile path but just check. Sometimes the railings are funny

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah easier with access points though if you want to change things out. I am always changing around deco and having to put goza's and ladders up every time I want to redecorate is a PITA! lol but to each their own.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like both the top one and the bottom one, with the bottom edging out the top by just a little.

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the top one, the balcony stone on the bottom is just slightly out of place for me, also If you aren’t jammed for space. I would consider bringing the South and East outer walls in by a tile and doing away with 5 tile outcropping on the 3rd floor so you can keep the full balcony on both sides, it will give you more wiggle room to dress up those plain marble sides a bit more. Overall I like the design, and I wouldn’t worry too much about access points to the flowers, if you don’t plan on changing them out, then you could always leave gaps to fill them and then re-custo those walls back afterword. As long as you don’t put an edging around those dirt spots on the third floor, they won’t kick back to your crate.

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Can we get pics from the inside please :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed this tile last night. This is a 4th option for the balcony floors. It is inbetween 1 & 3. It blends well & is not so boring as the first one. I like this one a good bit.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
#1 for me: Not too boring, adds character, matches better overall, more like what balcony would normally look like, or just plain marble is one to consider.