• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

which item should i get

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
should i get the ornament of the magician or a armor of fortune for my peace bard tamer. i can only afford one or the other so which one would benefit me more?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
should i get the ornament of the magician or a armor of fortune for my peace bard tamer. i can only afford one or the other so which one would benefit me more?
Assuming the AoF is not cursed, Get the Armour of Fortune

Why?

Luck 200
Defense Chance Increase 15%
Lower Reagent Cost 40%

I rate DCI very very very high on the list of desirable things to have in a template. Yes, I rate it higher than resists .... to within reason.

The AoF + Ancient Samurai Helm + The Quiver with 5% DCI and your at or very near max DCI, leaving throat, arms, hands and legs to make up the LRC and Resists.

R

RichDC

Assuming the AoF is not cursed, Get the Armour of Fortune

Why?

Luck 200
Defense Chance Increase 15%
Lower Reagent Cost 40%

I rate DCI very very very high on the list of desirable things to have in a template. Yes, I rate it higher than resists .... to within reason.

The AoF + Ancient Samurai Helm + The Quiver with 5% DCI and your at or very near max DCI, leaving throat, arms, hands and legs to make up the LRC and Resists.
I agree, but for different reasons.

200luck, leaving the jewel pieces free for the eventual use of the turn in jewels.

T

Turdnugget

And as a peace bard tamer... you're not really needing the FC/FCR of the Orny.

I see that template more as a farmer than a caster. You can always area peace when in trouble to get off that heal/cure.

R

RichDC

And as a peace bard tamer... you're not really needing the FC/FCR of the Orny.

I see that template more as a farmer than a caster. You can always area peace when in trouble to get off that heal/cure.
The blue set gives max casting even when using the vesper order shield(3/6 casting 400luck mr2 hpr2).

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going against most of the advice you got so far and recommend the Ornament.

The reason: The ornament is a much more versatile item then the armor of furtune. The ornament is great for any character that uses magery, while the AoF is much more specilized and only good for a few character-types.

If all your other characters already have complete, finished suits and you are just buying something for the peace-tamer; go with the AoF.
Otherwise the ornament is much better investment.

P

Pindershot

If all your other characters already have complete, finished suits and you are just buying something for the peace-tamer; go with the AoF.
Otherwise the ornament is much better investment.
Yup