• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which helps Int, Dex, or Str

G

Which helps for blacksmithing? Strenght, Dex, or int? I have been hearing both int and dex help. can someone tell me for sure?

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm you know I never really thought about it. I always went for STR so I could hold more stuff.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost all my crafters have 125 strength, 25 dexterity and 100 intelligence. The only ones that have more dexterity is my lumberjack and miner and that's only for fighting purposes.

Dexterity has no effect on your ability to craft anything.

G

So - does that mean that str and int help? I just need to know exactly which stat will boost my crafting ability.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since crafters are mostly non combatant, I think most folks give'em max str to carry large loads and max int for a large mana pool. Lots of mana is needed sometimes for marking or recalling, even gating. I any even dex does no good for carrying extra or moving around so most crafters do not raise it.

As far as smithing goes I don't think big numbers in any stat will make you a better smith. It is all skill based. Stats are strictly for utility.

As a rule, I used to pay attention to what stats actually raised when I used a skill. Those are usually the important ones.

E

eolsunder1

stats affecting skills was nerfed long long ago, only your skill counts.

For crafting you want max strength for carry, minimum dex because it doesn't affect anything, and the rest into intelligence for mana for recalling/gating, etc.

so, 125 strength, 25 dex, and rest intellgence like the other poster said. carry capacity is the number 1 factor for smiths.