• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which Dragon is Better? *help*

G

GamonHunter

Currently I have 2 super dragons that I'm trying to decide on. (I don't have the time or desire to farm forever for the *perfect* one, which may be impossible to find anyway
). I just want to choose one, and then train/bond and make him my companion heh.

So, 1st:

Hp 836
Str 643
post tame wrestle 102.3
post tame mage 114.2

resists:

70 phy
72 fire
51 cold
60 poison
67 ene

2nd:

736 hp
557 str
post tame wrestle 96.6
post tame mage 100.9

resists:

82 phy
87 fire
40 cold
55 poison
74 ene

The second has amazing resists, but really low hp, and pretty low wrestle/mage and str

the 1st has higher max wrestle and mage, but lower on the 3 big resists (phy, fire, ene).

Which one would you keep?

I'm looking for survivability. And im unsure why 120+ magery on a drag is much better than say ~100. Its not like they cast 8th lvl spells

G

GamonHunter

lol just got another,

765hp
606 str

mage 108

resists:

85 phy
80 fire
51 cold
60 poison
73 ene.

I'm thinking this one, with max Phy, higher cold and poison, and a tiny bit more hps, and a bit better magery?

Basically is this drag better than a 900+ hps one with average resists? (70's for phy/fire?)

Thanks

I

imported_Sarphus

This is probably the wrong forum, but dragon number 3 is best.

Resists are the most important thing if you hunt big game... HP just make fire breath hit harder and let you take more punishment when your drag is tanking big game... If resists aren't high enough, you won't be able to out heal the dmg your drag is taking.

G

I'd go with 3 too, good phys/fire which is usually the damage ya take the most. 700 isn't 900 but its still alot of hps

Rey~

I

imported_Hinotori

I think number three is best too. Number one is second best and number two has low cold resist. I wouldn't want to take it into Mel.

Resists help make for wonderful tanks. I may take a throwaway out to the ancient wyrm and test one vs it. I know that vs a blackrock infected greater dragon a greater dragon does very well.

I

imported_Mark Trail

My rating formula is explained in another post:

rating = hit points / (1-phys resist)

The above dragons score:

#1 = 836 / 0.3 = 2787

#2 = 736 / .18 = 4088

#3 = 765 / 0.15 = 5100

Obviously #3 is much more survivable against big game. Ties the best I have ever seen.

C

Chyna of Sonoma

ok so if i have one with this i should call it a keeper? 966/.18 = 5366?
some of the resists are not much to brag about but the first 2 are decent.

and

I

imported_Mark Trail

Chyna you win the prize, best dragon seen so far.

G

i'd have to disagree here, a bit. dragon one's wrestling is going to be over 125 (likely 127.8), assuming it is possible to train up this high. it's strength is higher than two and three, and so is its cold resist. it would be best to know its magic resist and tactics as well, but, for pure damage, dragon one is the best. as a tank, dragon three is the best. dragon three doesn't list wrestling though, so I can't know what it will do the best overall :p

oh, and by the way, greater magery means more damage healed with greater heal spells

I

imported_MonkeyBusiness

After 3 weeks of looking, farming, and taming Greater Dragons I have finally found the ultimate keeper!!!!

HP = 942
STR = 635

85/75/43/55/56

WRESTLING = 92.1/115.1
TACTICS = 111.3
MAGERY = 119.0/119.0
RESIST SPELLS = 83.4/104.3

That would be a HP/1-Phys Resis rating of 6280 with great strength and solid wrestling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!