• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where's the news?

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see some fairly new stuff on other servers. Is the papergirl taking a vacation? Haven't even seen her post on the new boards!

Where you hidin' Lava?

M

Malador

I see some fairly new stuff on other servers. Is the papergirl taking a vacation? Haven't even seen her post on the new boards!

Where you hidin' Lava?
I dont ever remember seeing any news. There was always Lava's obit collumn which almost invariably showed pics of her friends dying to Lady M but news?.

F

FireCrazy

Where you hidin' Lava?
I dont ever remember seeing any news. There was always Lava's obit collumn which almost invariably showed pics of her friends dying to Lady M but news?.

I couldn't agree more!

T

Thalidar

I never got a interview.. maybe if I was landon id get a interview...

D

Doug Ravene

Hoo boy, I remember laughing alot in TS when Nikki Sixx would sit next to her at MOA and she would immediately move to the opposite side of the room. Then, once, she interviewed Shi Tao Koven, who was in W-R, and she mentioned he was in three guilds: YA, one guild I can't remember, and "another guild". That "another guild" (W-R) just happened to be the 5th largest guild at the time, but obviously not worth mentioning, hehe. Not to mention he was even on the char that was in W-R. She and I got along decent, though, cause I would send her obit screenies (I went out of my way to get some that were NOT at the Blighted Grove).

On another note, what happened to the other girl that was doing the news? I can't remember her name, it was a real nice name and she was really cool, and big into RPing.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was interviewed once and it was the highest rated interview EVER!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always LMAO at those obit columns. Never seen a worse group doing Lady M....good God those folks were the biggest single gold sink in the game.:stretcher:

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
Nice to see you girls are still stirring the pot, lol. You are good at it too!

Though it has been a very nice break from reporting I do miss posting the News.....yes " the News ". Very unfair of you boys to say it was never news which of course we all know is untrue. But I understand you have a personal dislike for me and that's ok.

The truth is I always cared about Great Lakes and have done the best I could with the time allowed.

I have not posted on the temp boards until now and this is only my second time here to even look at them.

My UO file has over 300 screenshots since the boards went down for future Obit Columns. BTW only half are from Lady M, lol. Thanks to everyone that has been still emailing them to me at my personal email.

My time in the realm is half of what it once was as the reporting aspect was a huge and fun part of the game for me.

Just to clarify the interview comment. Yes friends were interviewed. Zynia knows how that goes. During her short stint as a reporter she mentioned, reported often on her friend Hearts and a few others. 95% of the people I interviewed came from just going up to players I did not know on a non Lava character and chatting them up. If I thought they had a story to tell I would come back with Lava to see if they wanted to be interviewed. It was very random which seemed a way of being fair and showing a wide range of people.

The other 5% were high profile players and/or friends. Many of the high profile players were/are friends. As you all know if you play this game long enough you meet a lot of people.

Regardless if you like how I report it is nice you have not forgotten me nor the time I spent.

Fondly, Lady Lava

p.s. FDAU....your interview did rock I must say!

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well there you are! Is newspro being wacky and unmanagable? I don't see many servers with fairly recent news. Although I do admit I checked Catskills to see if it was one of your stories! It wasn't.. I don't like the new boards, they don't feel like Stratics. Glad to see you're still roaming about.......

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
This does not seem like Stratics to me either that is why I have not come here but twice. This makes three :) I may come a few more times only to check this post.

As far as I can tell I have no option/way to truly post news.
My plan is to wait until the recovery is complete to post News again. Not only do I have obit shots but I have several great interviews one being of Rhen. As many may have noticed his Luna plots have been sold. The Rhen interview is a good one but will have to wait.

I have been Podcasting since Stratics went down and that is taking up a lot of my time. Though I live in southern California the Podcast is out of Chicago. It is fun and fun people. It has nothing to do with gaming.

Several of my art articles have been pulished on a web blog also. It is geared towards music and the arts. As you know my Stratics articles are often fluff and wriiten quickly...more about volume to keep readers reading and coming back to the News. The art articles take me days, even weeks to write sometimes.

All the best, L.L.

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
P.S.

I did post an Obit Column in the News just now. The News does not link to the boards at this time. :(

M

Mystra

We want to bring you news too but the program used to submit is not cooperating in our new world. We shall continue trying !

Mystra

M

Malador

I want to be clear. I did not mean this to turn into a lets bash Lady Lava thread. I simply meant that we never had news. We had the obits which could be funny when they were not of the same people dying to lady m. We had the occasional event notice. We had interviews. With the exception of the reporting that was done on the drama in luna we have never really had any regular news reporting.

I personally would appreciate some real news. I abhor the rest.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who's bashing? We were just wondering where she was! And look we were successful as to locating her, and even got her to register!! :heart:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
P.S.

I did post an Obit Column in the News just now. The News does not link to the boards at this time. :(
Why not just bring it here by copying and pasting it. For the title type out [News] before the title. Nice to see you are still around :)

M

Martyna Z'muir

On another note, what happened to the other girl that was doing the news? I can't remember her name, it was a real nice name and she was really cool, and big into RPing.
Hello!

I was abducted by the Triad of Evil a few months ago and am being held in an undisclosed location subject to their tender mercies. :gee:

Hopefully the virtuous people of the land will come rescue me.. Anyone want to join the Britannian Armed Forces? (its an alliance)

The RP community is always happy to welcome new blood.

-Martyna Z'muir, a prisoner of the Shadows.