• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wheres the faction Suggestion box?

G

Seems like one of the biggest PvP topics is to revive factions and make it worth joining. Over the years bugs and lack of updates has led factions literally 5-7 years behind the game itself. Why do Faction members get a severe stat/skill loss upon each death at the same time murderers walk freely to carry on their actions? What would it take to fix factions today to make it more current with UO today?

A couple things I can see that would help would be to Allow factions to fight outside Fel. Allow only red faction members outside fel but on the same rules as anyone outside fel except to factions,guild, war guild. but rules pertaining to ALL reds in fel remain the same. divide the lands to the factions evenly to promote a "RISK tm" Style of play. example: a faction needs to control a number of citys/dungeons in a territory to control the territory like citys today but on a larger scale.

Dont allow silver to drop on PvM kills only players the silver = 1/2 insurance or something can be used to buy artifacts designed for PvP combat and only useable by a faction member.

Make all faction members unwhackable in guardzones vs any faction member to allow proper offense and defense.

im sure alot of people out there have a good idea on what could be done to get them rolling like they once did. Maby we should have a sticky to discuss what can be done?

G

1. Factions stat loss while a little long is still a good idea. Though I think it should be cut atleast in half in length. In this day and age of fast paced PvP, LRC suits and instant rez battle returns I think it will prove to be a good thing to keep in after the ATL Faction Event.

2. Factions should remain Fel only. Not that I think players need a "safe" area, I just think PvP needs an area of concentration for the watered down numbers.

3. Silver is fine how it drops. There's only a few places these creatures spawn (aside from the wisp), and it concentrates players to areas to do certain things. Although I wouldn't be opposed to a system to replace it. Especially if they offered actual rewards for factioners.

4. You can't be whacked for aggressive actions towards faction enemies, only cross healing a red/grey factionmate in town.

5. Sure there's alot of amazing ideas to make factions better. We've had 7+ years to think on expansion of the system. That's alot of time to think about how to make it better, especially when none of them ever get done.

G

#4 is one of the reasons I quit factions. I shouldnt get whacked for x-healing my guild/faction mate .

G

<blockquote><hr>

#4 is one of the reasons I quit factions. I shouldnt get whacked for x-healing my guild/faction mate .

[/ QUOTE ]
If they are grey then they have committed a criminal action. If you heal them you are further committing a criminal action. Also, murderers should never have been allowed into guard zones.

G

Yes and I still don't think they should be allowed into guard zones.

Also if you want to make faction suggestions try the Strattcs Factions Forum.

G

How many murders do you have? How often do you play him?

My guess would be never solo.

G

As it has been mentioned a couple times already by people looking into joining the faction event, red does not equal PVP. Prior to Age of Shadows most PVPers were blue. Thinking that only reds PVP is ridiculous and the sign of an AOS poster child. I play my murderer when it is worthwhile.

C

Clx-

You don't have a clue as usual JC.. Murderer/red = someone not afraid to be attacked by anyone at anytime, anywhere.

Surely the point of being a PvPer is to be able to engage in as much PvP as you can, whenever you can, wherever you can. You cannot do this as a blue, even in factions.

By making factions basically off limits to reds(as it currently stands) you are:

1. Splitting the PvP playerbase in a game already desperately short of players.
2. Denying many possible PvP encounters due to character hue.

In a UO with multiple trammel facets, the issue of hue is massively outdated anyway. If factions can't be made to accomodate reds without huge disadvantages then the whole noto/hue system should be removed.

C

Clx-

<blockquote><hr>

As it has been mentioned a couple times already by people looking into joining the faction event, red does not equal PVP. Prior to Age of Shadows most PVPers were blue. Thinking that only reds PVP is ridiculous and the sign of an AOS poster child. I play my murderer when it is worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

And prior to (insert certain patch/expansion here) most PvPers were red. Most people were blue directly before AoS becouse of statloss. What an idiotic argument.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You cannot do this as a blue, even in factions.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no point in responding if you think being blue in factions is not real PVPing.
<blockquote><hr>

By making factions basically off limits to reds

[/ QUOTE ]
An even more absurd statement to follow. Factions off limits to reds? I guess the whole letting murderers into town thing just meant nothing. Were you even there when murderers would recall into the True Britannian/Council of Mages base entrances, die to guards, walk inside, resurrect and be restocked? Probably not if you say that factions is currently off limits for murderers.

G

"Murderer/red = someone not afraid to be attacked by anyone at anytime, anywhere."

Which really doesn't apply to today's Stealth/Archers that are everywhere. Considering you have to be visible for someone to attack you. Really amuses me when these Red Stealth/Archers think there something because they can use a 3 button template (Dismount Shot, Wolf Form, Smoke Bomb) and think they're hardcore because they're red.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course blues can PvP. But they do it under the restrictions of being blue. Im well aware of how things were pre-AoS seeing as I've been playing since t2a. I took part in all the PvP, just because I didn't post here or on the official boards back then is hardly a reason to assume I didn't.

I play a red so when my guildmate says he's being attacked I can help, regardless of who the target will be. I play my red because he can do anything I need him to do.

And just so we're clear I'll be bringing my blue to ATL to avoid (or rather, tone down) non faction attacks.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

I don't even have a blue, so I'm going to be [censored] over all of my guildmates that will have to heal me :/

G

Its not about red or blue and I play both, both have their advantages and flaws. its about factions, and a way to make them have purpose again. With the faction setup like I visioned Its like turning on a 7day min. (7 days to quit) pvp switch much like the pvp tag in wow. It will allow anyone(faction members) to fight anywhere while keeping the faccetts(sp?) the same. People that play it safe will keep their playstyle or people that just like to pvp on occasion can step into fel and do their spawning, people that play UO just for pvp can join a faction and pvp anywhere. Plus it will encourage reds to join if they can leave fell and only be able to attack rival faction members, guild members/ any guild member they are warred to. It would create PvP outside spawns and yew gate. And who knows Timmy may see johnny shadowlord get attacked by joe minax and watch the leet defense of johnny as he wtfpwns joe and find interest in pvp battle.

While PvP based faction arties (a POF proof will break someday useable by only faction members) could be just as good for PvM and entice people to join just to be able to use a certain item. "you want to use this wicked item then by doing so you consent to pvp and the silver to buy them has to be from only killing/looting faction members so the flood of them remains somewhat balanced and encourage people to get better at pvp(killing, stealing, looting) to collect silver.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If they are grey then they have committed a criminal action. If you heal them you are further committing a criminal action. Also, murderers should never have been allowed into guard zones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when I was in factions people went red all the time defending their mates. and I hear on active pvp servers it still happens to pvp guilds. Keep in mind a good portion of Blue pvpers are 1 count from ghosting it at yew.

C

Clx-

<blockquote><hr>

There is no point in responding if you think being blue in factions is not real PVPing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say this anywhere. What I did say is being blue means restricted PvP whether i'm in factions or not. This is an undeniable fact.

<blockquote><hr>

Factions off limits to reds? I guess the whole letting murderers into town thing just meant nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being let into town is NO GOOD if my guildmates/friends are completely unable to heal me/invis me etc. We've had this conversation in another thread and you STILL don't understand. When is it going to sink in that just being allowed into towns does not enable red players to participate in factions to anywhere near the full extent.

Oh and i've PvPed far far longer than you. Stop telling me what I was and wasn't "here for" thanks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

When is it going to sink in that just being allowed into towns does not enable me to win. I need to have all my healers backing me up.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is what you really mean. Having unrestricted access to faction bases where the majority of the fighting takes place is fine for murderers who are supposed to have actual penalities for being red.

G

on every shard minus siege any blue pvper or group of blues will attack any red they see. If im fighting on my red and and get ganked by 2 or more blues my guildies will throw me a heal. If im fighting on my blue and a red guildmate is getting ganked im going to heal him/her. 1v1 Most wont interfere but 1v1s are rare these days.

So JC is what your sayin its ok for blue faction/guild mates to x-heal and gank the red while the red is SOL when it comes to getting heals from their mates?

I never said turn off guards. Red faction members could still get wacked if they target a regular blue thats not in a faction the only time a red player would be safe from getting wacked is if he attacks heal/cure another FACTION MEMBER in a guard zone. For someone who is trying to promote factions(pvP) with this "event" you sure are trying to limit faction fighting.

I was considering xfering to atl to join in on the faction event but old bugs, outdated system, and the unability to either heal or rez in a faction battle at either one of the 2 factions planted in the middle of a friggen GZ . I have 2 reds and one of those would have been my char to x fer over for factions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

on every shard minus siege any blue pvper or group of blues will attack any red they see.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not true on Atlantic but anyway...........in factions everyone is orange so your friends will be able to attack them back. And if they all target the red and the fight is in a guard zone, just run off and heal.
<blockquote><hr>

the unability to either heal or rez in a faction battle at either one of the 2 factions planted in the middle of a friggen GZ

[/ QUOTE ]
FYI: Magencia guards have been turned off for months. Thus it is a statistical impossibility that the majority of faction fighting will be taking place in guard zones. None of the bases are guard zones, three of the bases don't have guard zones in front of them, champion spawns are not in guard zones, etc.