• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Wheres the best place to get Honor?

G

Gal

I need to farm honor and I wondered what gives the best honor gains? what do you think I should farm for it?

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's dependant on the creatures fame. There used to be a stratics page with all the monsters fame listed, which I can't find. Anyone remember how to find it?

-Lorax

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I go to the bottom of the fan dancer dojo to the balron room, you can just stand in the middle and wait for them to attack you. That wat they hit first and you dont have to move so maximising the honor you get.

Thunderz

O

Old Man of UO

I use the succubi in the fan dancer dojo. Three hits with a demon slayer and another spawns in a few seconds, and they have max fame/karma (24,000) and honor. You need to create a macro to honor and attack for best results.

Any of the high fame/karma creatures will do, just have to find a fast spawn that you can kill fast.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think succubus are quicker, they have about 1/3 the HP of Balrons.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think succubus are quicker, they have about 1/3 the HP of Balrons.
Have not tried succubus, but normally three or four hits and the balron is dead for me. Now the para Balron is a differant story still trying to change my skills up to kill that thing in reasonably time with out dying. But its a fun challenge.

N

NickyDishes

wish there was a spot in fel to hunt succubus.....only spot in fel is sanctuary which is not a good place to do it

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
x4 for succubi at the Dojo.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried sucubus but found i had to actually do more work than with balrons, I.E. Balrons i can pretty much just tuch 1 button every 60 seconds to gain fast, where as sucubuss i have to move around and hope she gets the first hit in.

With balrons i just stand in the middle, hit my honor macro when its close and then afk till the next one is withing Honor range.

:)

Thunderz

O

Old Man of UO

I tried sucubus but found i had to actually do more work than with balrons, I.E. Balrons i can pretty much just tuch 1 button every 60 seconds to gain fast, where as sucubuss i have to move around and hope she gets the first hit in.

With balrons i just stand in the middle, hit my honor macro when its close and then afk till the next one is withing Honor range.

:)

Thunderz
I know UOHerald says you have to let the opponent get first hit, but I've never noticed any difference for purposes of honor. Are you sure it works that way?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know UOHerald says you have to let the opponent get first hit, but I've never noticed any difference for purposes of honor. Are you sure it works that way?
I only heard about it a few days ago, but since trying it out and not moving an letting it hit first i finally got knight of honor, where as before iv never managed to hit it by moving and taking the first shot.

So cant say for certanty but iv finally hit knight by using that tactic, when i never have before.

EDIT** Could just be the plecebo affect, i honestly wouldnt know

Thunderz

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arctic Ogre Lords in Felucca Ice Dungeon work well. Use a Soul Seeker, EoO, and Consecrate Weapon. (Increased Fame gains in Fel.)

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw, I've never waited to be hit first when Honoring something. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

O

Old Man of UO

Btw, I've never waited to be hit first when Honoring something. It doesn't seem to make any difference.
I agree with this... otherwise, I'd never get honor against miasma with my sampire since he gets hit so little, and I can also get honor with my archer if I space the distance correctly. So, I don't think this rule was ever implemented.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do Miasma and have knighted many times from it on my Sampire. My blue archer does the sucubus though I only get honor up to a certain level as I use it for champ spawns during a raid or defence(honor and let everything attack the other oranges). I've worked it up on mages killing the old white dragons with a dragon slayer book and flamestikes. Tamers I honor and all kill last target on which ever random target I choose though I rarely play the tamer since making the sampires.

J

[JD]

never farmed it up on my sampire but another vote for dojo here. theres also a succ spawn in the ilsh spirituality dungeon though it spawns at random spots so you gotta find her

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I farm Miasma on my sampire. Bonus is I also get chests with level 6 tmaps and lots of goodies.

scarecrow73

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also farm it at the Dojo with the Succumbi... I have knighted honer many many times and I do not wait for her to hit me first. I have also done this with pets, which if it gives less for hittting first and moving as such, I would think that would be the slowest method to gain honor and I still knight it in no time.

O

Old Man of UO

I also farm it at the Dojo with the Succumbi... I have knighted honer many many times and I do not wait for her to hit me first. I have also done this with pets, which if it gives less for hittting first and moving as such, I would think that would be the slowest method to gain honor and I still knight it in no time.
I have never seen a difference between tamer/ pets and melee characters for gaining honor. The design notes say you can't gain or will gain less honor with pets, but it isn't so.

On my archer, I have to time two hits so that I am next to the target, and then I gain honor normally. Otherwise, it's greatly reduced. I do not have to let the target hit me first at all.