• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wheres' Beastly Bob??- Communication supremo

S

SilentFoxXy

If BOB is Jeremies boss, then he listens and advises Jeremy, and liaises with a higher entity ??

Does BOB/ Ea/ Devs read Stratics, UO, UOForums, ANY Uo forums??

Does BOB/ Ea / Devs realise that a lot of constructive stuff is posted on STRATICS, and OTHER FORUMS and they have probably 10% of the subscriber base reading, and relying on stratics / Other forums, for all info on the game.??

OK, there are a LOT of forums set up, but there is also THE HERALD, a simple place, to post updates, news etc, like when you do manage to post about broken shards etc....

Does BOB/ Ea / Devs realise that UO has 120,000 Paying subscribers, of whom probably 20,000 adults are slowly getting more and more jaded by the total lack of communication, the total lack of support for any shard that isnt in a USA or Japanese Timezone??

BOB/ Ea / Devs probably knows that 20,000 kids will say anything just to contradict and generally annoy those who do care.

Does BOB/ Ea / Devs , or anyone, know that 99% of Free To Play MMORPGs/ Korean grindathons have 24/7 365 In game INSTANT Live support, with IN GAME Instant real time updates on bugs. crashes, content updates etc??

I guess BOB/ Ea / Devs knows that 50 folk paying UOStores for a X Shard token is a LOT more valuable to EA than 100 paying 8.99 pcm, and I appreciate that Bob or EA really dont care if folks cheat, or steal, just as long as they get their ding ding, regular income from the poor users....

Its a very old, very stale, very boring point Im trying to make, but:-

A bit of communication, a bit of caring , a bit of feedback, a simple update that makes sense, would go a long long way.....

Now, I ready myself for the tirade telling me to get a life, to grow up, to stop complaining, to stop being an arse,----- Got my 70s flame suit on..... But, UO IS MY LIFE, I love it, I love the players, I love the world, the events, the characters, and I CARE, I dont love the lack of loving...;)

Finally, kudos to Birdy of Europa, maybe this is Bob??:-
Watch this, and tell me you did not smile.
http://www.vimeo.com/1211060

S

Sneaky

Does BOB/ Ea / Devs realise that a lot of constructive stuff is posted on STRATICS, and they have probably 10% of the subscriber base reading, and relying on stratics for all info on the game.??
Stratics yes, U.hall no :lol:

S

SilentFoxXy

Where is Bob??

The ONE post hes made is total ....... (He is meant to be Jeremies Boss and communication boss supremo??)

The question still hangs, ever unanswered in the now midday in Usa air, early morning is long since gone to bed.....

Publish 54 Going Live
Robert Mull
09 Jul 2008 17:53:51
Publish 54 is going live on Japanese servers at 6:00pm EST today. All other servers will be updated early tomorrow morning. There will be minor updates to the patch notes as well tomorrow morning.

Pub Notes Last updated 02 July 2008 19:18:02

And its certainly Tomorrow, its certainly long since early morning....

Oh Bob wherefore art thou,......??????

Publish 54 is going live on Japanese servers at 6:00pm EST today.??? yeah right, any idea why this didnt happen either??

Bob??

Y

Yalp

Just wondering where you find the stats in your post. Player base totals, stratics posters and reading, etc.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pick up the phone, call, and yell at him.....obviously, posting here goes nowhere.

If your ISP was screwing up, you'd call them right?

Me....I could care less, it comes when it comes, I'll live.

S

SilentFoxXy

pick up the phone, call, and yell at him.....obviously, posting here goes nowhere.

If your ISP was screwing up, you'd call them right?

Me....I could care less, it comes when it comes, I'll live.
First Id ask other users of my isp, then Id wait a bit to see if it got fixed, then Id wait a bit to see if they said there was a problem, then Id fire an email off, or 3 or 4, then Id post on their customer service forum.

Cos they aint jacknjilly enough to give a phone number....

Oh, subscriber numbers from 'What MMO Monthly'

And, yeah Ill live to, but I love UO, and I love the feeling of getting something new n shineee, and when we get told several times its coming, it gets like Christmas, oh, wait, that does come eventually:)

P

Prince Caspian

Give the guy a break.

His name is a palindrome, after all.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SilentFoxxy, OMG shut the hell up and let the guy do his job.

You are the biggest cry baby I have ever seen. This is not his normal job function. He has his own responsiblities in addition to Jeremy's.

How can you blame someone for not reading U.hall? There is so much bull**** on this forum that finding a worthwhile post is like finding a needle in a haystack.

If I was him I would purposely delay the publish just to provoke more U.hall tears.