• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where to train a new pet?

B

Bo Riddler

On my hunter I had a brown bear from 10th through 31st level. But I always wanted a white bear. After doing some digging, I learned of one in the Dwarven starting area.

I promptly went and tamed it, but at 31st, I am way above him at 11th level. I can't seem to keep him happy. I know some of it is from low loyalty, but my question is this...

Should I train the bear on foes his own level range, or take him to where I am adventuring and just keep rezzing him after each battle?

Bo

G

The only way a pet levels is by you fighting mobs that are at least green to you.

Your best way to level your low level pet is to just have him out while you fight green mobs. Even if he's not fighting he will gain experience by you fighting.

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Training a lower level pet is a good time to collect resources. Picking a place that has green (usually at the very bottom of being green, too) that also has something you want or need is the best, since you won't feel like you're wasting your time.

Good luck trainin' your new bear!