• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Where to Start?

mark4583

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have been wanting to start a Spellweaver but im not sure where to start.
Do I need any other skills with it? What would be a good basic temp to work on for a new toon?
Im not seeing a lot on the boards.
Thanks

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been wanting to start a Spellweaver but im not sure where to start.
Do I need any other skills with it? What would be a good basic temp to work on for a new toon?
Im not seeing a lot on the boards.
Thanks
While spellweavig is a very powerful skill its also a support skill. It goes well with just about any template. You will need some assistance in completing the quest if its a fresh character you are making.

I run a mystic/mage/necro/weaver.

I always make sure I have a level 6 focus crystal. spell weaving has a spell for most situations, I always have gift of life active so if i die i can insta rez, I keep up attunement so I can absorb a bunch of damage before I need to heal and I use gift of renewal as an addition to other healing (SS,HEaling stone,Cleansing winds, greater heal, potions)

Wildfire and essence of wind and thunder are brilliant for clearing low level champ spawn monsters. Etherial voyge is good for getting to a monster where there is a lot of other mobs around (you wont be attacked unless you attack forst for a short time.) Pixies/imps can be handy to pump out a little extra damage or to interupt casters if you do some pvp.

Natires fury can be handy in the right situation, again i use these for champ spawn 1st lvl spawns.. you can have 5 of them out and they will kill a bunch of rats/slimes before they go poof.

Dryad allure is a very hany spell, it allows you to charm a humanoid creature, such as an arctic ogrelord or an orc brute! these can be used as a pet then and can kick some serious butt for you as a tank.

Reaper form: Handy as it gives you 5% SSI and also a boost to spell damage increase, I use a mge wep so it gives me a little edge in adding a lil more damage. The SDIboost is what its all about though, when used in conjuntion with arcane mpower and a good SDI spellbook and word of death you can do INSANE damge with word of death. I do around 750-800+ damage to navery with WOD, once my new suit is done it will go even higer as I am adding more SDI on the suit,

use immolating wepon (less often but I do use it) for adding a little extra punch to my mage wep swings. When I use it with corpse skin to lower their fire resist it makes a difference but to be honest its not an amazing boost to damage .

I have tried to give a situation for all the spellweave spells but as you play more with the skill you will find out just how awesome it is!

Best of luck and safe travels!

Botak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Razic how you get arcane focus 6?

My max is STR 5 with the spellweavers between 100-120.