• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where the heck do I find feathers

Tempus

Visitor
I just came back after an 11 year break and thought I'd restock my arrow supply. Problem is, I cant seem to find feathers. So what changed regarding bird loot and where I get feathers these days?

Malforce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Birds still drop them, but you have to use a bladed item like your dagger on them first.
Harpies are a great source for feathers as well if you're trying to work some combat skills at the same time. Check the entrance to Covetous Dungeon

On another note, Ratman Archers at the Compassion Shrine of Ilshenar drop around 50 arrows each, so you should be able to stock up pretty quickly off of them!

Welcome back!

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, look at one of the new quest systems. There is the Huntmaster's challenge in Mainland Skara. Look for the house just north of the ferry, with all the mounted heads.

At the end of each month, the person with the best turned-in kill (requiring targeting the corpse of the kill with a deed bought from the NPC there, and returning the deed to him) gets a point in the reward system. All rewards cost 1 point each.

One of the rewards is the Harvester's Blade, which when used on a corpse, harvests all resource items from cutting the corpse directly into your pack, WITH A +10% BONUS. So, 20 leather becomes 22; 8 scales become 9; 6 raw ribs become 7; 50 feathers become 55, etc. (plus, humans get another 10% bonus for leather, so 20 becomes 22, then becomes 25, in the above example). If you're gathering any resources from animal/monster corpses, the HB is a must, as you no longer have to loot the items from the corpse (though you might have to start dropping the meat if you don't have a cook, and the dragon blood while a Mysticism reg is worthless from most having LRC suits).

IF you want to loot arrows for sale, Rat archers, centaurs, and juka lords are good for arrows, and changelings in the Twisted Weald have both arrows and bolts.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
I go to the Harpy’s Nest northeast of the Spirituality moongate in Ilshenar, past the Blood Dungeon. Only harpies, stone harpies, and paragons spawn there. Be careful if you use a char with negative karma.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dragon blood while a Mysticism reg is worthless from most having LRC suits
But 100 dragon blood is one of the quest items for getting a Crystal ball of knowledge - A very useful item for anyone training a skill

I get most of my arrows from centuars, taking 4 empty quivers to the area where the serpentine dragon spawns and staying till I've filled them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yeah, but you need 100 dragon blood once. And, it's easy enough to get; I've got tens of thousands of it at home, kept before I figured out that that the crystal ball is the only thing it's good for.