• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is the new meetup place at?

A

Anderuin

Just came back after a 3 year absence to the game. And I can't seem to find the meetup place in the game where people hang out and exchange goods and wares.... Or is there a place like that anymore on here?

Thanks!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just came back after a 3 year absence to the game. And I can't seem to find the meetup place in the game where people hang out and exchange goods and wares.... Or is there a place like that anymore on here?

Thanks!
There's a semi-roleplayed one.....Weekly I think? Called, I believe, "Market Night," run by a member of the High Council of Britannia.

Outside of that, open air trading is mostly divided between the West Brit Bank and Luna Bank. To a lesser degree, the New Haven Bank as well.

Brit took a major hit from the invasions of the forces of Despise some years back. Hard to conduct trade when, all of a sudden, there's an uber-cyclops tearing the place to shreds.

People also sometimes like to drag blackrock elementals there.

More trade is done via auctions and via Luna vendors these days, than by open air trading.

Oh and welcome back....Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

-Galen's player

A

Anderuin

Thanks alot, so far enjoying my time back in the game. Just kind of weird seeing the world so empty! hehe, definately not like days of old. But with every great thing comes the downfall. I must say I have definately missed this game for some time and I am so pleased to be back and playing again!

A

Anderuin

If you wouldn't mind answering me a question then what are these salvage bags used for sold by provsioners?? I noticed they sell for like around 1000+ gold.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They allow crafters to smelt metal items and cut up leather items really quickly and efficiently. Need the mining skill (for metal) and appropriate common tools (tongs/scissors) to use them, but they are really helpful. They work in a way similar to smelt bag in UOAssist.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello Anderuin and welcome!

I hope you can make it to one of our weekly community hunts starting at 8pm cst from the Skara Brae community center (9pm cst on Fridays). Even if you decide not to travel on with us to destinations scary, we would love to meet you! Tonight is Market Day and I'm hoping its in Occlo again but I'm not sure. It's designed with crafters in mind and a great chance to meet many rp players!

Next Monday night we have a community meet up in Skara at 7:30cst to sit and relax, meet new players and hear shard announcements. Then the High Council meets in Magincia at 9pm cst as they have for many years.

Some great opportunities to meet others for ya! Hope to see you soon *smiles*

A

Anderuin

Cool I can attend those because I should be off work next week! Ewww, I'm dripping with excitement lol..... I don't mean to sound like lame or anything, but it's stuff like that I missed most about the game and is why I mainly came back! LS's community seems so active compared to other shards... Can't wait to see you guys there!

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually of a night there's a group hanging around Haven Bank that goes on hunts and you can hitch rides with them.

Lady Mel at Blightwood is a popular spot too. Often times people will wait till someone gets a key and needs a party. They will also help you usually get the quest.