• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is the lobby to save the Yucca tree?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the best items to come out of the Magincia Invasion is about to be turned into a very common one. The point value on the Yucca tree is much too low, it should have been at least 100,000. I don't even own one and never have. But any rare that gets ruined like this needs to be brought to the attention of the developers.

This isn't like the Nest of Eggs which was mistakenly not locked down, it is a rare purposefully introduced. People should be fighting for its point value to be raised dramatically. Personally I think it should be 250,000 points.

J

Jack Beauregard

Yucca Tree but the reward don't have the same NAME "rubble" = is always rare !
15,000pts

Is very low of low lol, for the exemple i have 500+ fishing net and 100+ fabled net, 1000 sos etc I think i can have more of 10m of points just with some junk or common items for the reward ;)

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you JC. I wish you best of the luck.

I am not sure if they think of rubbles as rare items. And even at 250K points it is not going to be that rare ever again. At least it is a different name :)

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with you JC, SAVE THE YUCCA!!! Make it an Ohi tree or something, they are prolly rare now with all the turn ins :bdh:

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you JC. I wish you best of the luck.
I'm not the one to do it, what happened to that council of rares or whatever. I don't participate much with rares like I used to after losing 2 collections of them.

I am not sure if they think of rubbles as rare items.
Are you kidding? Rubble doesn't count as a rare item? The definition of a rare is a hard to get item. Rubble is no longer obtainable and was not available in mass quantities. The Yucca tree is definitely a high class rare at the moment but will not be if the publish goes through as planned.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
by they I meant developers. Not players.

Rare council has not formed yet. First meeting is this Friday, will know exactly how many people are interested only then.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will as soon as I get hold of that sneaky Manticore. Working on him right now.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolutely, JC. I have been posting against them re-introducing the Yucca since the beginning. Upsetting....

They changed the fire pit. Half way there, guys....

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was posted on the EA Japan website briefly as the rubble graphic I believe.

Athos_UO would know for sure.

E

Elbryan Uthador

One of the best items to come out of the Magincia Invasion is about to be turned into a very common one. The point value on the Yucca tree is much too low, it should have been at least 100,000. I don't even own one and never have. But any rare that gets ruined like this needs to be brought to the attention of the developers.

This isn't like the Nest of Eggs which was mistakenly not locked down, it is a rare purposefully introduced. People should be fighting for its point value to be raised dramatically. Personally I think it should be 250,000 points.

I have to disagree. Its a piece of rubble. Kinda of a semi-rare in my opinion. The birds nest is a different story.

H

HiddenSprings

I really do not see the problem here - you guys on the rares forum apportion values to items that are exactly the same EXCEPT by name all the time. This has seen the same item being valued as either 'throw away' or 'Millions!' solely on the wording that appears above it (clothing/shoes pieces come to mind).

The Yucca is no different - All you collectors who are lucky enough to have 'RUBBLE' label on your Yucca need not cry, we still think your little precious is still special :)

It does annoy me that there are people who always want this game geared towards the rich & famous or the most powerful or on the person with the best connections etc.

Everyone who plays this game does not always have the resources either in time, money or location(connectivity issues) to take full advantage of the mechanics of the game and dispite thier best AND EQUAL efforts and through no fault of thier own they remain forever 'bottom feeders'

I do not see any problem why it can not be introduced into the game - and the price to me is OK because dispite some peoples best efforts, they may not have had an opportunity to own the largest house so they could store all those thousands of useless items 'just in case'. I do not see why there should be this continous wealth transferance to high-end players.

If the price was higher, it would just serves to artificially increase the price because all the 'bottom feeders' will have to go 'cap-in-hand' to those better off to buy the points or the items.

Personally I would love to see a lot more so call 'Rare' items being introduced into the game (with variations to NAME to protect people's precious) - Perhaps through the Vet reward system??

And if it does cause a rift in the out-of-control economic rational in relation to the pricing of rares - all the better and more power to the developers for doing it:)

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does annoy me that there are people who always want this game geared towards the rich & famous or the most powerful or on the person with the best connections etc.
You are grossly mistaken. Rubbles are quite widespread and lot more players than "rich & famous" have them. For many of the new players they are their first rare items and they are quite proud of them. It does annoy me when people preach me the false gospel of how you have to be "rich and powerful and bladiblada" to be a collector. No - only thing you really need is patience and passion for the game, sprinkled with some basic intellect. Those are virtues that need to be celebrated more often, not stomped on every chance you get.

Personally I would love to see a lot more so call 'Rare' items being introduced into the game (with variations to NAME to protect people's precious) - Perhaps through the Vet reward system??
It is ok. We are used to rares becoming not rares. We will get over it. However, I do feel pity for a person that seems to get pleasure out of seeing someone's hard work go to naught. I guess that is the culture we have in UO nowadays. Everyone wants to see the other person in the dumps - dexxers versus tamers, mage versus dexxers, etc. etc. Hey why demand and expect developers to create NEW ART and go against the popular culture?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really do not see the problem here - you guys on the rares forum apportion values to items that are exactly the same EXCEPT by name all the time.
"Old School" collectors like myself value the graphic more than differences in name. A tree that says Rubble instead of Yucca is the same.

D

DVI

The reason collectors get upset over reproductions of rare items is b/c you have to mouse over the item to be able to identify it as a rare, which makes the graphic of your item common and people don't bother to look.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is commical.

"One of the best items to come out of the Magincia Invasion is about to be turned into a very common one."

"This isn't like the Nest of Eggs which was mistakenly not locked down, it is a rare purposefully introduced."
("I agree with you JC")
("The definition of a rare is a hard to get item. Rubble is no longer obtainable and was not available in mass quantities.")

"But any rare that gets ruined like this needs to be brought to the attention of the developers."

L

Lunaticus

Although you may place more value upon an original graphic as opposed to a name (and come on, who wouldn't?), the fact is that rares, if in name only, are still highly sought after. How many posts have there been regarding Khaldun lights which are the same graphic as the common, communication crystal? If not that, how about the kettle versus the cauldron? And although I agree with not introducing items into the game that devalue current rares, I honestly don't see that happening in this case.

A

Azureal

You are grossly mistaken. Rubbles are quite widespread and lot more players than "rich & famous" have them. For many of the new players they are their first rare items and they are quite proud of them. It does annoy me when people preach me the false gospel of how you have to be "rich and powerful and bladiblada" to be a collector. No - only thing you really need is patience and passion for the game, sprinkled with some basic intellect. Those are virtues that need to be celebrated more often, not stomped on every chance you get.
Oh man, I havent laughed so hard in ages. I like the patience and passion bit the most. I wonder how much time it will take me to save up the "passion and patience" to afford a server birth rare?

/chuckle

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most people can do it in few months. However, most people spend that money on "uber" weapons, artifacts, housing etc. I personally sold all of my pvp wares and live in a fairly tiny house because I don't find that interesting anymore. Of course, server birth rares vary in their prices quite a bit and I have no idea which one you are referring to.

Hope that answers your question. Glad to give you a chuckle. I particularly enjoy people who hide behind sarcasm instead of making their point. Its great for candid discussions - oh damn, did I just do the same thing. /chuckle

A

Azureal

Hiding behind sarcasm? Heh. Im not that afraid of a few self-important MMO players.

Theres no easy way to put into words what I feel for rares traders/dealers. I dont like them. The fact that rares dealers believe they have a sway over what items the rest of the player base can own irks me to no end.

Yucca trees are a prime example of this.

Add to the mix the buying and sell of said items using real life cash, and I sometimes wonder why I keep coming back. Considering EA supports such dealings and I really question why I keep throwing a monthly sub fee at this game.

Im going to get my Yucca tree. Of that you can be assured...

...and mine wont have the god awful "rubble" tag either.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres no easy way to put into words what I feel for rares traders/dealers. I dont like them. The fact that rares dealers believe they have a sway over what items the rest of the player base can own irks me to no end.
So much unnecessary hate. There is no universal category of "rare traders/dealers." We are hardly all the same - we can be pvp'ers, merchants, pvm'ers, role players, etc. Obviously some things have rubbed you off the wrong way but you would be very wrong to generalize based on those experiences. Hopefully you will experience things that make you change your mind. But we are all entitled to our opinions I suppose.

I wish you the best. PS, I will not be mad even if you have your house filled with yucca trees :p

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant seem to remember such an outcry when AOS was released with the old server rares becoming stealables!! same graphic but different name...

Or when the heritage tokens included old server rares...again same graphic but different name when mouse over...

They are still different!!!!!... and the new yuccas will read either ''rubble'' or ''yucca tree''....

I cant see the gripe...really i cannot see the gripe

I can remember reading a post by the Devs maybe a year back stating that they were going to introduce more and more graphic items from the whole of the UO world past and present for everyone to own and decor with.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiding behind sarcasm? Heh. Im not that afraid of a few self-important MMO players.

Yucca trees are a prime example of this.

Add to the mix the buying and sell of said items using real life cash, and I sometimes wonder why I keep coming back. Considering EA supports such dealings and I really question why I keep throwing a monthly sub fee at this game.

Im going to get my Yucca tree. Of that you can be assured...

...and mine wont have the god awful "rubble" tag either.

I have some wonderful cheese to go with your whine :pint:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehehe no matter ....well done last night btw...

Oh well back to buying up those remote vendor shops of the lands, of all there cheapo turn-in booty !!!

Guess u gotta speculate to accumulate!!!:lick:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I wish they'd just change the graphic a little on both the yucca and fire pit and enable more normal players to own something along the same lines. Then the rare collectors have their rare and the rest of us have a chance at something similar. Simply removing both items would certainly favour the rare collectors, but it doesn't give a lot to the normal player. I'd rather they pleased both normal and rares collecting players than just one "camp".

Wenchy