• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is the epic event leading ot SA promised for May...er...I mean June...uh....

G

GAMBIT35

Sorry, but I don't consider another boss dropping "rares" an epic anything.

J

Joyous2K

Sorry, but I don't consider another boss dropping "rares" an epic anything.
This is SA... get it? The whole world is a dungeoun of sorts, right? Who is with me? This is SA... This is SA!! YAY!! The expansion without an expansion.

I read a post where Jeremy alluded that they are dropping SA. Did anyone else get that from one of Jeremy's posts? Something about references to SA will be less and less subtle until you all get the point?

EDIT:
"- Chris Rabideau is the producer; Cal Crowner is the Development Manager. Chris's role is probably more closely comparable to Walt's than to Aaron's - Cal is a little closer to Aaron's in terms of day-to-day stuff. The titles and divisions of work are a little different, but the actual tasks are still getting done.

- There is no magic bullet for cheating, hacking, etc - if there were, it would have been used a long time ago. We have to take things a step at a time. We've been getting a lot of exploits fixed over the last half-dozen publishes, and locking down some of the house placement issues was obviously a big priority for us. We definitely want to continue to target areas like that, and hopefully we'll all see gradual improvement.

- Fixing bugs - also a big priority. When Pub 54 hits Test Center (probably tomorrow,) you'll see quite a few more fixes, including quite a few for Factions, which has desperately needed it for years. Again, this isn't something we can knock out in one patch cycle, but if you flip through the patch notes this year, you'll see quite a few fixes for long-standing bugs.

- System Revamps - something we would all love to do more of. Factions is the system of the moment, but there are tons and TONS of systems in UO, and most of them could use some love. Some just need bug fixes, some need to be completely revisited, and some are probably going to have to wait for some Gargoyle ingenuity to see a real renaissance.

- KR and SA: I'm not going to say much about KR, except that we have filled quite a few engineering positions since the beginning of the year, and that's a good thing As for SA... well, the hints we drop will become less and less subtle as the year wears on, I assure you!"
This is the post. The last sentence makes me believe they dropped. The hints are that they are dropping SA and not pursuing it and these are getting less subtle as the years wear on. Is that right?

L

love2winalot

Hail: First, we all would like another expansion. We would all like to have a Gargoyle Charater. ect ect

But, the original idea behind SA was rejected by the majority of the player base. ie it is KR only. If you noticed, it also said that there is NO quest to become a Gargoyle, you have to make a new charater. Soooooo what current charater would you delete?

I got another e mail update on Warhammer today. Just ask yourself this.....

"Why can you see Pic's of Warhammer, and go to the Warhammer web site, and have Warhammer already previewed twice by game magazine, and sign up for Beta, "When it is not scheduled for release until maybe november or december", AND YOU SEE/HEAR NOTHING ABOUT SA" ? And yet some still say this event will lead up to the Launce of SA? :lol:

C

Connor_Graham

They said the event would be ending at the end of the summer, not May or June.

E

Emil IsTemp

I seem to remember a post along the lines of "epic, realm-changing.. towards the end of May."

Read that a few days after the Moonglow rift appeared.

And the Retribution test server is still there.. SA BETA...

Just wish there wasnt a media blackout on Retribution..

F

Fayled Dhreams

This is SA... get it? The whole world is a dungeoun of sorts, right? Who is with me? This is SA... This is SA!! YAY!! The expansion without an expansion.

I read a post where Jeremy alluded that they are dropping SA. Did anyone else get that from one of Jeremy's posts? Something about references to SA will be less and less subtle until you all get the point?

The last sentence makes me believe they dropped. The hints are that they are dropping SA and not pursuing it and these are getting less subtle as the years wear on. Is that right?
Is that right?
no.

the hints we drop will become less and less subtle
subtle difficult to understand or perceive.
less difficult to understand = Easier to understand = easier .... clearer ... something likely to be revealed.

Now ... IF
the hints we drop will become More and More subtle
More and More difficult to understand ... then maybe, trying to hide the "end" of SA ... nahhh WHY?
not like its darkfall or anything.

kind of like a reverse knock knock joke ...YOU Say: knock knock
(to save time, pretend I have already replied: "who is there"? )

proceed

J

Joyous2K

proceed
SA. [AM i telling an SA knock knock joke?]

(to save time, pretend you have already replied "SA who?")

SA isn't happening. It was scrapped long ago. As the years wear on a little further we will be less subtle about dropping it and tell you guys flat out. But until then, the joke is definitely on you guys, the paying customers!! Enjoy these Events - 08.

F

Fayled Dhreams

:eyes:ooooo Almost got it ...

I would have left you hanging at : you say "SA"

forever ...

lets try again to be sure (for real ... no "pretends" this time)

Say: Knock Knock

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, we all would like another expansion. We would all like to have a Gargoyle Charater. ect ect

We need another expansion like a hole in the head (had one of those). so that we europeans have to scramble around trying to buy it as ea/mythic have a total disregard of us so wont market in europe. that is strange as we are perhaps some of the most loyal players uo has

G

greatpumpkinator

What a pile of hairy balls. I think youll find a lot of players DONT want a playable gargoyle character, just the bulk of the idiots that post here. And forums make up what, less than 5% of the actual player base?

Add to the fact someone mentioned that SA is KR only? Hahahahaha. People hate KR more than they hate herpes.
KR has it's good though...I give it a thumbs up on the crafting and mining macros....ummmm...but that's about it. I've uninstalled it myself.....:gee:

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont care about SA, but i hope KR will become a big RELAUNCHING Patch after this event ends. And I also think there will be a lot of new content comming after the event. But i hope it for KR and me, if at the end of the year and one year after launch KR is still in this BETA State, i will leave OSI Servers to play Third Dawn on a free Shard.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
KR has it's good though...I give it a thumbs up on the crafting and mining macros....ummmm...but that's about it. I've uninstalled it myself.....
Well if I could quit laughing till I cried...nm I cant even see the screen :p :lol:

G

GAMBIT35

It's been going on. The fact that you do not like it is kind of a separate question to whether or not it's happening.

-Galen's player
What's happening is pretty much the same "events" we always get. What makes this "epic"

G

galefan2004

This is the post. The last sentence makes me believe they dropped. The hints are that they are dropping SA and not pursuing it and these are getting less subtle as the years wear on. Is that right?
It can be read both ways. I highly doubt he would even mention it if he was going to talk about it being dropped. Normally, when EA drops something they simply stop talking about it at all. When Mythic drops something they simply say it was dropped and move on like they did with Impertrator.

G

galefan2004

First, we all would like another expansion. We would all like to have a Gargoyle Charater. ect ect

We need another expansion like a hole in the head (had one of those). so that we europeans have to scramble around trying to buy it as ea/mythic have a total disregard of us so wont market in europe. that is strange as we are perhaps some of the most loyal players uo has
I was hoping this would change with the aquisition of Mythic. I remember Mythic as having a good track record with European sales.

K

kennykilleduo

proceed
SA. [AM i telling an SA knock knock joke?]

(to save time, pretend you have already replied "SA who?")

SA isn't happening. It was scrapped long ago. As the years wear on a little further we will be less subtle about dropping it and tell you guys flat out. But until then, the joke is definitely on you guys, the paying customers!! Enjoy these Events - 08.
You do know your feeding the post count for him / her / whatever a Fayled one is...

UOSA is nothing more than vaporware trying to keep as many UO playersplaying UO til WAR comes out , its EAremember?

A

AesSedai

You do know your feeding the post count for him / her / whatever a Fayled one is...

UOSA is nothing more than vaporware trying to keep as many UO playersplaying UO til WAR comes out , its EAremember?
- Ah said I. I 'quote' because I will remember that one.. two, three. Ha-ha-ha (said: The Count); maybe even ten years after WAR overcomes UO's longevity...
Wait a minute: I just realized UO will see 11 years around September.
I wish WAR well, it can happen; but EA is smart-as-Madden to realize UO is still only ~slightly forgotten (UO could become a landmark legacy for the 'ol EA *smiles*; even though theM might prefer to adopt a new one).

UO
I know, right?
We aren't even Here, Now. Are we?
What? UO is still beating strong?
Yes, it is; imagine that.
1 playersplaying
0 EAremembers
& a partridge in a pear tree

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's happening is pretty much the same "events" we always get. What makes this "epic"
If I was dumb enough to assume your queries were sincere, I would say that the return of a substance that could destroy the world and the presence of powerful enemies who have harassed us from behind a curtain for years, alone would qualify.

Luckily, however, I am not that dumb.

What qualified Lord of the Rings as epic? After all, that was just a story about a bunch of guys destroying a magic ring and killing orcs and uber bosses along the way. Oh, and it had a well-designed dungeon. Oooh. Nothing you can't find in World of Warcraft on a semi-regular basis.

Either you like the event or you don't. If you don't, feel free to not participate and ignore it to the best of your ability.

Your not liking the event does not by itself mean that the event is somehow fundamentally flawed. Participation rates by other players have been by and large decent.

-Galen's player

N

Ni-

KR has it's good though...I give it a thumbs up on the crafting and mining macros....ummmm...but that's about it. I've uninstalled it myself.....:gee:
I use KR, just about, exclusively. It cuts down on the monotony that '~everyone' seems to dislike. I guess I just don't let some things hold me back... *shrugs* (computer capabilities aside)

Edit... I'm lucky that my 7 y/o computer can run it. Infact KR is even faster that 2D running through Luna(chessy's most popular spot) during peak time by 10 seconds.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the Retribution test server is still there.. SA BETA...

Just wish there wasnt a media blackout on Retribution..
Retribution is the test shard for the people in the Factions/Event focus group.

As for "epic event sometime May/June"...
We know time was lost as people adjusted to moving.
We know EA Mythic lost developers in the move.
We know KR wasn't nearly as successful as first anticipated, and took more time to complete (and then they lost developers and still haven't had enough manpower to fully complete it).
We know SA was originally slated to be KR-only - at the very least, internal discussions about SA remaining KR-only have slowed things down, if not a decision on making SA non-KR-only.
We know the focus group for the event is still active.

This spawn... not the epic event. Still just things leading up to the epic event.