• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where do you buy sugar & vanilla?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want my RL chocolate fixes ingame as well but haven't turned up an npc selling sugar & vanilla. Is there one, or is it just gotten by an occasional theft somewhere? I've started a thief to try that but he's only turned up one bag so far.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sugar and vanilla are found on the corpses of paragons.... sometimes :)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want my RL chocolate fixes ingame as well but haven't turned up an npc selling sugar & vanilla. Is there one, or is it just gotten by an occasional theft somewhere? I've started a thief to try that but he's only turned up one bag so far.
I too know they drop off of Titan paragons and other paragon types. I'm not sure but does the provisioner have either?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry, they're only available as paragon loot, good news is, doesn't have to be a titan, a mongbat paragon could have them too.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry, they're only available as paragon loot, good news is, doesn't have to be a titan, a mongbat paragon could have them too.
Ah the new Crafting. Near impossible to get BOD runics, or hard to get ingredients.

Got to wonder where all the monsters get the better than what Crafters can make loot to carry. Must be monster craftsmen are better than human's or elves can be.

Can't see why chocolate being easy to make would need to be prevented but Crafting has been a token joke since LBR 3D and AoS 2D.

D

Dragonchilde

The best place to get them is the ilshenar oaks spawn. The shadow wisps there spawn in mass numbers, and there's dozens of paragons,and yes, they drop the ingredients. They go down in one or two hits, with a reasonable fighter, and there's nothing aggressive there. Not to mention, you might get lucky and help clean up after an oaks death. :)

A

aphtermath

Tanivar, If your still looking for sugar and vanilla, I have some to give away on Atlantic, let me know if your interested.

Vanilla is pretty easy once you get it rolling via gardening. I got my "original" peculiar seed as an Ilshenar drop while doing some exploring. I harvested 8x vanilla and 8x more seeds from the one plant, then covered the top of my tower with the resulting plants. As long as you keep up on them, they multiply exponentially and you can grab some rare and occasional "seeds of renewal" as an added bonus. The sugar is tougher. While killing Ilshenar Juka Mages in search of "Cocoa Tree" (fragrant) seeds, I got sugar sacks as loot as well as a few sugar ( some peculiar seeds are this) seeds. The sugar seeds provide a plant that you can harvest 8x sugar sacks from...but no further seeds from the plants. This makes sugar sacks even harder to attain than Cocoa long term. On the Cocoa...it took me a lot of Juka Mage hunting to get my first fragrant seed...but I finally got one! Tonight my first Cocoa Plant is showing level 9 and I am looking forward to my first self grown "fragrant seed" of 8 as well as my first "Cocoa Pulp" when I "water the plants " tomorrow. Hopefully this will "multiply like rabbits" as the vanilla did:) Update-working as hoped. 2x fragrant seeds and 2x Cocoa Pulp harvested so far.

Last edited:

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Whenever i needed sugar seeds i would just advance the tokuno champ spawn to level 2 and farm the kappas. Its boring but you can get them there.