• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where are the EA reps?

E

Elydir

I just searched for messages from Jeremy and found she has only posted once in the last SEVEN days and that was just to congratulate Wilki. After seeing that I didn't bother looking for posts from Draconi, Leurocian, or anyone else.

Have we been abandoned? Is UO running on autopilot?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nah they just dont post unless it's worth posting ... most of the time there opinion is just that... they prefer, at least what I have seen, to post only when what they say matters... rather then an opinion ... they prefer to post facts... or you know answers.

K

kennykilleduo

They are working on something big for us or have just plain stopped talking to us , Community rep should talk to us ALOT more , but thats my idea of helping build a better game..

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are the EA reps?
LOL, good one.....

Is the next thread title going to be "Where are the GMs?" or "Where are the Dinosaurs?"

:hahaha:

J

Jeremy

We're around... well, alive, anyway. It's a busy month for us, logistically. I think I mentioned earlier that Draconi's in Japan at the moment.

K

kennykilleduo

We're around... well, alive, anyway. It's a busy month for us, logistically..
Jeremy you are the best , If I was there I would give you a GREAT BIG HUG , for using a new reason for being quiet.. :bowdown:

Thank you seriously ....

Townhall info??

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gonna have to add that to the vocabulary book with soon, later, next week, on the radar...:bdh:

J

Jeremy

Town Hall is Saturday in San Diego... what other info were you looking for?

J

jelinidas

Oh yeah, wasn't FOF to be posted tonight? I almost forgot.

PS We really want F(ive) not T(hree) and Good stuff! Inside info! Come on Jeremy, ya know ya want to spill them beans!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In this space, there used to be a post I liked, that I was proud of.

I said some positive things, some negative things.....Then a post by a fellow named Canary made me realize that my post was just gonna lead to my being seen as a fellow traveler with people of a certain ilk...And I don't want that.

Some people are only gonna see the negative things, and think that's what I'm about.

So, it's gone....I'd rather be seen as an apologist than someone who actually believes what people have been saying for 10+ years and haven't been right yet.

*shrugs*

-Galen's player

C

canary

It brings a tear to my eye when the UO apologists begin to grasp what most customers have felt for a long, long time.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It brings a tear to my eye when the UO apologists begin to grasp what most customers have felt for a long, long time.
I looked over your posts.

If anything I have to say leads anyone to believe I'm a fellow traveler with you, then I'm afraid I need to delete my post.

Thanks a lot....I really meant a lot of what I said, but of course I guess people are gonna gloss over the parts where I said the game was doing fine, that I was having fun, that I see a lot of people playing.

*shrugs*

*goes to delete post*

-Galen's player

C

canary

I looked over your posts.

If anything I have to say leads anyone to believe I'm a fellow traveler with you, then I'm afraid I need to delete my post.

Thanks a lot....I really meant a lot of what I said, but of course I guess people are gonna gloss over the parts where I said the game was doing fine, that I was having fun, that I see a lot of people playing.

*shrugs*

*goes to delete post*

-Galen's player
Totally your choice, it's honestly a shame that you are unable to speak openly with how you really feel.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally your choice, it's honestly a shame that you are unable to speak openly with how you really feel.
I agree....It's a shame I'd rather not see my thoughts stripped of all nuance and reduced to "begin[ning] to grasp what most customers have felt for a long, long time," when in fact what it appears you have in mind is not only nothing like what I said, but also nothing like what most customers feel, as demonstrated by the fact that UO's been around for 10+ years, and has faced predictions of its imminent death since its 4th month.

-Galen's player

J

Joyous2K

In this space, there used to be a post I liked, that I was proud of.

I said some positive things, some negative things.....Then a post by a fellow named Canary made me realize that my post was just gonna lead to my being seen as a fellow traveler with people of a certain ilk...And I don't want that.

Some people are only gonna see the negative things, and think that's what I'm about.

So, it's gone....I'd rather be seen as an apologist than someone who actually believes what people have been saying for 10+ years and haven't been right yet.

*shrugs*

-Galen's player
Stand by your words. You were doing the fanboi shuffle, right? I read it. I will paraphrase since you are embarrassed by how "bold" you were.
Paraphrase:

Jeremy and devs you guys are so AWESOME. I really mean it. Melissa was like a one in a million epic event. Everyone LOVES it. I, especially, love you, the devs, my good friends. We are such a strong community of individuals at our consoles that we can feel your loving strokes with every new bug and amazingly new epically awesome content. This game is at a pinnacle of sorts that will only be surpassed by a newer and greater and epicker pinnacle.

However, you really are doing a terrible job. 10 days ago we - and by "we" I mean ME - asked about spellweaving and you said a reply was coming but it hasn't come. I REALLY STRONGLY advise having a good FOF this week because we, the loving community, who love you so much, think that you stink and are doing a terrible job.

Thank you so much. You guys are great. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing you, my favorite devs in the whole world, but do your jobs because you stink at them.

UO community is the BEST!! Yay for us! Yay for UO

Galen's Player

:End Paraphrase

Maybe not that exact thing, but I hit the main points. Are you calling canary a communist? She seems as frustrated as you are about how lousy the game is going. That was the first post by canary but it registered in May. I don't think it is like the usual community destroying trolls out there who only want to see harm come to UO and it's awesomely epic console community of fellow travelers.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot actually, rarely have I read a post this crazed that wasn't laden with profanities to boot.

It was very entertaining...And bears nearly zero relationship to reality.

I mean seriously...."Communist?" Where on earth did that come from?

No, don't answer.....It's really best that I put you on ignore...If you're capable of something this deranged it's very unlikely you have anything interesting to say.

If I'm wrong, we'll just chalk it up to my loss.

-Galen's player

Stand by your words. You were doing the fanboi shuffle, right? I read it. I will paraphrase since you are embarrassed by how "bold" you were.
Paraphrase:

Jeremy and devs you guys are so AWESOME. I really mean it. Melissa was like a one in a million epic event. Everyone LOVES it. I, especially, love you, the devs, my good friends. We are such a strong community of individuals at our consoles that we can feel your loving strokes with every new bug and amazingly new epically awesome content. This game is at a pinnacle of sorts that will only be surpassed by a newer and greater and epicker pinnacle.

However, you really are doing a terrible job. 10 days ago we - and by "we" I mean ME - asked about spellweaving and you said a reply was coming but it hasn't come. I REALLY STRONGLY advise having a good FOF this week because we, the loving community, who love you so much, think that you stink and are doing a terrible job.

Thank you so much. You guys are great. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing you, my favorite devs in the whole world, but do your jobs because you stink at them.

UO community is the BEST!! Yay for us! Yay for UO

Galen's Player

:End Paraphrase

Maybe not that exact thing, but I hit the main points. Are you calling canary a communist? She seems as frustrated as you are about how lousy the game is going. That was the first post by canary but it registered in May. I don't think it is like the usual community destroying trolls out there who only want to see harm come to UO and it's awesomely epic console community of fellow travelers.

J

Joyous2K

Thanks a lot actually, rarely have I read a post this crazed that wasn't laden with profanities to boot.

It was very entertaining...And bears nearly zero relationship to reality.

I mean seriously...."Communist?" Where on earth did that come from?

No, don't answer.....It's really best that I put you on ignore...If you're capable of something this deranged it's very unlikely you have anything interesting to say.

If I'm wrong, we'll just chalk it up to my loss.

-Galen's player
Fellow travelers are communists where I come from. Maybe you haven't heard that before. I am from the US.

My post was the essence of what you wrote. DOn't deny that you tried to warn the devs about producing a good FOF this week. I think they made it bad just so you would get off their strap a little.

Profanity? Not the dirty words, but my words were just so offensive for your eyes to read. Words like AWESOME, EPIC, and STINK. DOn't be so sensitive.

S

Sarphus

I don't know... the whole reason we bring a canary along with us is that canaries die first and the canary is still chirping. (note: I'm responding to canary)

C

Connor_Graham

Fellow travelers are communists where I come from. Maybe you haven't heard that before. I am from the US.
You might want to consider moving then. I'm from the US too, and we're a democratic society, not communist.

My post was the essence of what you wrote. DOn't deny that you tried to warn the devs about producing a good FOF this week. I think they made it bad just so you would get off their strap a little.
The FoF was no different than it has been any other time they have a Town Hall the next day. They wait until after the Town Hall then post all of the questions that are asked there. Then there's also the fact that we were prewarned that not only would the part of the FoF they were going to post be done on Thursday (as some are complaining about), but that it would be short and not have any real questions in it as they were going to be posting the stuff from the Town Hall on Saturday. Now we have people complaining that they actually did what they said they were going to.

*shakes head at the plethora of optimistic pessimists*

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Town Hall is Saturday in San Diego... what other info were you looking for?

OMG!?!?
Grrrrr
What other info were we looking for...hmmm
I don't know, let me peruse the boards a few seconds, and maybe I can find some questions peeps want answered?
:cursing::grrr::wall:

K

kennykilleduo

Is Draconi still training , Wheres Leurocian ( Hows the kid?) , Heck wheres:

Jeremy_EAMythic, UO Community Coordinator
ChrissayEAMythic, UO Associate Game Designer
Regine_EAMythic, UO Associate Game Designer
KilandraEAMythic, UO Assistant Development Manager
Mesanna, UO Associate Development Manager
Robert_EAMythic, UO Community Relations Director
TheGrimmOmen, Associate CG Supervisor
SupreemEA, UO Lead Programmer

Wheres the info on all the topics they couldn't talk about yet?

S

Sheridan

They told us in San Diego that Seattle would be the place to be to hear most of those topics discussed. Just a few short weeks it looks like.

K

kennykilleduo

They told us in San Diego that Seattle would be the place to be to hear most of those topics discussed. Just a few short weeks it looks like.
They said that last month , and the month before that....We need meat and potato (e)s.. Not soup..

Leurocian

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wheres Leurocian ( Hows the kid?)
Howdy Kenny!

My daughter is doing well. Thanks for asking. We're all currently in Indiana on vacation. I'll be back in the office next week.

I believe the current plan is to share more information at the Seattle Townhall. No promises of course. But I do believe that's the current plan.

Back to my vacation! :)

May your swords and spells never fail. Cool heads, warm hearts. Sweet water and light laughter until next.

Patrick "Leurocian" Malott
Lead Game Designer, Ultima Online
Mythic Entertainment, an EA Studio

P.S. I agree with Kenny. I much prefer meat and potatoes over soup. I do love a good bowl of Chili though!

K

kennykilleduo

Woot one down ( thank you , hey wait no fun allowed.. :D ), where are the rest...Come onyou can do it , repeat after me...Woooossaaaa

:danceb: :danceb: :danceb: :danceb:

M

MoonglowMerchant

Wheres Leurocian ( Hows the kid?)
Howdy Kenny!

My daughter is doing well. Thanks for asking. We're all currently in Indiana on vacation. I'll be back in the office next week.

I believe the current plan is to share more information at the Seattle Townhall. No promises of course. But I do believe that's the current plan.

Back to my vacation! :)

May your swords and spells never fail. Cool heads, warm hearts. Sweet water and light laughter until next.

Patrick "Leurocian" Malott
Lead Game Designer, Ultima Online
Mythic Entertainment, an EA Studio

P.S. I agree with Kenny. I much prefer meat and potatoes over soup. I do love a good bowl of Chili though!

I'd hate to be the EA rep who had to explain to the mob that drove eight hours to get to Seattle for some news that there isn't any.

T

timbeOFbaja

I'd hate to be the EA rep who had to explain to the mob that drove eight hours to get to Seattle for some news that there isn't any.
Yeah I think it would be truly terrifying until you realized the Star Trek phasers they were pointing at you were actually just replicas and that Anduril wasn't made of spray painted PVC.

K

Kith Kanan

nah they just dont post unless it's worth posting ... most of the time there opinion is just that... they prefer, at least what I have seen, to post only when what they say matters... rather then an opinion ... they prefer to post facts... or you know answers.

that surely explain why they never post " rolls eye's "