• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When Old account bought by other players...

• Thread starter imported_OldAsTheHills
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_OldAsTheHills

I have no problem with people selling old accounts or people buying old accounts.

But, when the buyers use these characters inside the game...with the old
names... familar names...well recognized names... what is expected from the
new users and others? This is just a type of name change...for the new owner.
Are there problems?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

I have always felt that the amount of cash people pay for these accounts they can shell out a couple more bux for a name change

either way , I trust no one

G

This is one reason I will never sell an account. I could never be comfortable with someone else playing my character and having other people thinking it was me.

P

prostkr

when i sell an account

1. i make sure that the char is removed from any and all homes it may have been friended to. (warn all my guildies ect)

2. and i like to put a post on the boards here saying that it is no longer me.

i have bought and sold atleast 10 accounts in the last 4 years and have not had one single problem with any of them.

I

imported_mo'gluk

the last couple of accounts I have made the agreement that they either change the name (on people I trust) or give me an extra 20$ and I change the name

G

Yes, it can be a problem, if the original account owner doesn't bother to make a public announcement that the account has changed hands or otherwise try to notify people.

My house in game was once completely cleaned out (well, they left behind 1 bandaid, so I guess that isn't totally accurate), apparently by a char on an account that was sold, which I was not aware of until I started investigating after the fact.

That wasn't the first time something like that happened, and I am sure it wasn't the last.

For the rest, it can just be confusing, running into someone you think you know, but they are in fact someone else.

I have the same opinion as Petra - I never plan to sell my accounts.

-Skylark