• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When monster invisi, pet goes back to tamer :/

• Thread starter imported_Sirion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Sirion

It's so annoying when a monster invisi itself, and your pets would return to the tamer, and you know, the monster will follow the pets and get near you!

Is that a feature or is there any trick to have the pets stay with the mob?

I

imported_revenant2

From what I can tell, when the monster invisses, the pet reverts back to its most recent movement command. If it was set to follow you, then that's what it does.

So, you could tell the pet to follow the monster instead, or maybe to stay.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes this is a problem. It can be particularly deadly when you are fighting something with area of effect damage like a paragon succubus. What you need to do is tell it to attack, then one it is engaged tell it to stay, then tell it to attack again. You used to just be able to tell it to stay after it was engaged, but when you do that now, it stops fighting, so you have to tell it to attack again. It might also work to tell it to stay, then tell it to attack - not sure about that.

J

JoyousGard

It is a bit problematic, but no more. The tradeoff of having pets obey is well worth it, IMO.

LLewen is right. I think that All Kill All Stay All Kill is all you need to do. I add extra safety (although it is probably unnecessary and more my personal tamer idiosyncrasy):

1.) All Kill
2.) All Stay
3.) All Guard Me
4.) All Kill

I also repeat All Kill quite a bit (more to give me something to do, but I feel it helps when monsters invis) during the fight.

I

imported_revenant2

At Lady M, I've seen the problem be resolved by having the pet do "all follow" on her. With the new changes, it could be possible that you have to say "all follow" on her while the pet is known to be in guarding mode, or to be sure, you could do "all follow / all kill" in that order.

For me it's not been all that big a deal if I remember to account for it before the monster invisses.

S

Skaribis

Used to have that problem doing para bloods, just set a uo macro to do all follow - all kill (target) once. Works great with pets in doom following those stealther monsters

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
all follow, all kill is the best solution. I guess you learn something every day...

G

all guard me is an interesting mode, but it does not seem to work with jewelry anymore. if you can control a pet fairly well, use all guard me. then simply go into war mode if your pet stops attacking, and double click what you want the pet to attack. the pet should attack, if it is in guard mode. it is useful for tamers who do not want to continually say "all kill," and there is no failure to this method of killing, but it is more risky, and requires more real skill (tame/lore)