• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When is EA going to fix treasure hunting?

G

I have been playing for about 9 years.

I remember when there was no Trammel and the UO world was a free for all. The consumate weapon was Vanquishing and PK'ers had a bounty on them.

My Treasure Hunter/Fisherman was my money maker. 4000gp was a lot of money then. You could buy a Castle for 6 million.

THey have never increased the amount of loot on treasure chests. Why not? I can't get anyone to go with me for a level 4 map. It's just not worth it to other players. Heck, the gold in a lev. 4 chest won;t cover my TH's insurance costs!

When will they treasure hunting worthwhile again?

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the short answer might be never.

Btw, your post makes me sad--I remember when stepping out of your house with a vanq weapon, with three or four pieces of invulnerable chain meant you were virtually invincible.

G

those were the days, can remember after a t hunt we all be standing around while the thunter would call off items taken from the chest and we all shout dibs on an items we wanted, if more then one ask for it we roll the dices.

G

Bygone days I am afraid. I do my maps solo as no ones wants to take the time for a few K of gold. The items can't compete with Doom drops now. If this is any consolation Fishermen haven't had any love either in the loot department. Nets are different from regular fishing. But you gotta fish them up before you can get them. Still I enjoy the digs.

G

If anyone on Europa wants some company on a chest, be it level 4 or 6, or 1(!), they can give me a shout and I'll happily come along to help with the spawn, not fussed about the gold (as pointed out, it would be pretty pointless if I was hehe)!

M

moratha

<blockquote><hr>

4 chest won;t cover my TH's insurance costs!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's insurance costs? I don't think I've done on anything less than a level 6 in years, and only die to a 6 when they get lucky.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

4 chest won;t cover my TH's insurance costs!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's insurance costs? I don't think I've done on anything less than a level 6 in years, and only die to a 6 when they get lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know your secret. I get killed now and then mostly due to my own errors. Maybe I need a better battle plan?