• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When do you finish music to 120?

Fenbay

Adventurer
I've got discord, and peace at 120. Provo is 100 and music is locked at 100. About to start the grind for 120 provo. Should I unlock music to climb to 120 when I start working provo past 100?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't know currently but in the past (2013-2014ish when I last worked a bard) you wanted to lock music at 100 for prov. Maybe someone with more current knowledge can post. @Poo I know you have a ton of bards. :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*sitting in the sun room at the local retirement home for bards*
*enjoying a stray sun beam that has fallen across his face - as he stares off and remembers another time...*

and then some young whipper snapper comes and pulls me back to ask me a question!?!?!?!?!?
hahaha!

ok, so as they have not told us of any changes to how of the barding skills, we have to assume they are still running the same for gains as they have been for years.
that being said then the answer is yes, leave your music locked at 100 until you are done training your provo.
that rational being that at 100 music you have 100% chance to pass the 'first pass check' with the barding skills so it will then move onto the '2nd pass check' which is the provo skill in this case and decided if you get a gain or not.
now, if you where to let your music go up then what happens is you now received a bonus for having music higher then GM.
that bonus is applied to your barding skills.
now as you are training the skill and not actually hunting with the skills you want to blast through mass attempts and you dont want a bonus added.
its the same reason you dont train with GM EX instruments - because they give you a bonus.

now, if you are actually PLAYING the game and USING provo while training like in the old days then id say yes, let it go up, get the bonus, kill stuff and get loot and be happy.
but im assuming your not doing that and you are in fact power training by either using 2 pets or the mastery - in this case you want your music locked at 100.

helps?
yes - no?

oh look, its the pretty girl with the jello, must be time for us to go watch TV!

Fenbay

Adventurer
*enjoying a stray sun beam that has fallen across his face - as he stares off and remembers another time...*

and then some young whipper snapper comes and pulls me back to ask me a question!?!?!?!?!?
hahaha!

ok, so as they have not told us of any changes to how of the barding skills, we have to assume they are still running the same for gains as they have been for years.
that being said then the answer is yes, leave your music locked at 100 until you are done training your provo.
that rational being that at 100 music you have 100% chance to pass the 'first pass check' with the barding skills so it will then move onto the '2nd pass check' which is the provo skill in this case and decided if you get a gain or not.
now, if you where to let your music go up then what happens is you now received a bonus for having music higher then GM.
now as you are training the skill and not actually hunting with the skills you want to blast through mass attempts and you dont want a bonus added.
its the same reason you dont train with GM EX instruments - because they give you a bonus.

now, if you are actually PLAYING the game and USING provo while training like in the old days then id say yes, let it go up, get the bonus, kill stuff and get loot and be happy.
but im assuming your not doing that and you are in fact power training by either using 2 pets or the mastery - in this case you want your music locked at 100.

helps?
yes - no?

oh look, its the pretty girl with the jello, must be time for us to go watch TV!
Very helpful! And entertaining. And yes, I'm not a real-boy ... I'm using two pets, and about to go buy some rabbits to get the mastery done. :)

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran

hahaha!

helps?
yes - no?

Wow good to know... I didn't know this but yet I haven't played a bard in AGES!! Think I may take it up again