• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When can we expect Book Satchels?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs said they were gonna do Book Satchels sometime in a future publish. Just wondering on an ETA.

Just a reminder, book satchels are to hold all spell books, runic atlas', regular rune books, and BOD books.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My casters have a poo-ton of books. That includes my tamer lol. Runic Atlas', spellbooks, omg...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Soon™*

Soon is expressed as an integer** denoting a variable time scale between "now" and the dissolution of all matter in the universe.***

** Said integer may be equal to zero.

*** But probably not until after EJ.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe after the jewelry boxes get a fix? (How do you organize these when there's no "insert before" -- you can't put an object back in the slot you got it out of).

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I already took everything back out of the jewel boxes and put them into their old chest. :(

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Since I was behind the curve on this (which is typical) I am assuming this is something for the house and not for your backpack? Anything that saves lock downs I'm behind 100% :)

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I was behind the curve on this (which is typical) I am assuming this is something for the house and not for your backpack? Anything that saves lock downs I'm behind 100% :)
This was something to go into the backpack of a player, to hold all the spell books/rune books/runic atlas'/BOD books.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ive been asking for this for long time. you got rune, mage, mastery, spellweave, necro, myst. chiv, the devs didn't seem to like/care about the idea when i brought up at various meet and greets. good to see I'm not the only one lol. how many items do u think it should hold? my back pack is a mess with all the various books. i don't see them putting bod books in them.
thjere are more mage books now that they added all the invasion slayers. i think the books should only be able to be used if out of satchel or what ever.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope it's fuinctional and not like the jewelry box. What a waste that is, great idea, piss poor inplementation. And don't get me started on not being able to move it without emptying it, that just proves exactly how much testing is done on things...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The satchel should be required to come with macros in both clients that allow for the equipping of a specific book and its return to the satchel, including hot swapping between books in the satchel.

It should be able to hold 125 items. (a weight reduction property, a la quivers, would be awesome. Item count reduction even more so...)

The satchel should also be blessed (spellbooks/runebooks/atlas only), and not spew its contents into the owners pack upon death.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The satchel should be required to come with macros in both clients that allow for the equipping of a specific book and its return to the satchel, including hot swapping between books in the satchel.

It should be able to hold 125 items. (a weight reduction property, a la quivers, would be awesome. Item count reduction even more so...)

The satchel should also be blessed (spellbooks/runebooks/atlas only), and not spew its contents into the owners pack upon death.
Nice ideas. I'm on board.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe after the jewelry boxes get a fix? (How do you organize these when there's no "insert before" -- you can't put an object back in the slot you got it out of).
I keep repeating it: The jewelry box was never intended as a useful present but only as first test for the CC grid containers they spoke of. It's a nice by-product of some upcoming thing they are working at. Nothing more, nothing less. But they know most of their fanboys are gonna buy whatever story they tell and cheer anyway.

It's their 2018 mantra: How can we make those fools stick around another month while putting in least work possible.