• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When a Blaze is not a Blaze

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ARGH!!!!!

My mind is so much slower than my eyes. I go to check on teh Cu Sidhe, and what do i see, a Blaze. I run over to it just before I notice the work (paragon) floating next to its name. Damn!!!

Wait!!!! Another blaze. Run over to it just before I notice that it too has (paragon) above its head.

Now I am depressed. Possibly a slight heart attack. I need a rest.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL KR used to do that to me. The pup would spawn, but there would be a delay before the tag showed up over its head. You'll get so used to it that when a blaze finally does pop, you'll ignore it! LOL at least that is my fear! :)

S

Salya Sin

ROFLMFAO!!! I have sooo been there! Do you need a hug? I'm to the point now where I don't even get excited... give it time... then when you finally do see one... you won't know what to do with yourself.

Ahhh... the coveted Blaze Cu... one day... one day...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, there's a time in every cu tamer's day when they start to see blaze cus instead of paras lol. I also hate when I mistake a para changeling for a normal one.. that gets messy sometimes ;)

But, it's still better than entering the Werld and having some smart Alec saying "oh, pity you weren't here a minute ago - someone tamed a blaze!" Thankfully I've only had that in jest, but still :D

Wenchy

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Wenchy, I did miss a blaze by a couple hours once. That's as close as I've ever gotten :) Of course, the player spent the rest of the day at Luna Bank with it and I swear I could see her grinning through her paperdoll :) I'd be in constant *squeeeeee!* mode for at least a few days!

F

Fink

"Blaze" cu sidhes are actually "Fire" hue, like fire steeds, fire beetles & fire cloth. Blaze is the rare inverted fire hue you sometimes see on ML hair dye. Blaze simply got picked up as the popular term around when fire cloth was introduced because someone misconstrued the internal game info. Check it out in Inside UO.

So "Blaze is not Blaze" most times it's referenced. :D