• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Whats Your Favorite Rare?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hello :)
There has been a lot of talk regarding rares fest wishlists and items that people want from one event or another, im curious what everyones favorite rare is, it doesn't need to be valuable, or well known, just whatever has made you the happiest during the time you've owned it. my personal favorite is the "Robe Of Brittania "Ari" I remember seeing them when they were new and always wanting one but never being able to afford it. it was the very 1st rare I purchased when I had enough for it, and to this day looking at it brings back good memories of the old days of ultima online, when a million still sounded like a lot of money, and west Brit bank was the place everyone gathered to show off and have fun.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fav of all time was my hanging ringmail tunic. It was a gift from a dear friend. But AoS turned it into a static item and was eventually lost when I took a year break.

Second fav would be my recently completed collection of the 15 Avery Ales. At least I hope there are only 15. It took a very long time to find the last few with my limited means.

Last edited:

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You finally got the last ale Gheed? Congrats man!! I know u said u were missing 1 when u gave me the tour of your houses.

I don't own it but a friend does. It is a 1 of 1 item and what i think is the coolest rare in game(well of all those I have seen). It is called "Vortex Of Fate" it is a animated tornado that has little strikes of lightning inside it.

I dont own them anymore I lost all 3 when I took a 6 yr break. A Scaffold, a Phoenix Armor suit and a old Deed For A Blacksmith Shop used tobe the prides of my collection. The Phoenix armor I know I will eventually own again. The scaffold I will get my hands on one day aswell.. But the Blacksmith Shop Deed sadly i dont think I will ever be able to get again. You can't X-shard them so I will have to somehow find one on Catskills.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I actualy have 2 things that are my number one, the full "You were naughty this year!" Bag, the first Holiday Gift we ever got back 1997 and my original colored Sandals i was enticing (a skill we lost!!!) the Moongow Artists for out of town and massakred them for weeks hehe

And actually i love ALL the Server births and all the old stuff you cant get anymore at least 10 years old, so from 1997 to 2002/3....thats what i collect ;-)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tough question... Hmmm... for nostalgia... although it sits safely in a chest and isn't on display... my guildstone for my old guild PTC.

My favorite rare for RP purposes would have to be my "Skinning Knife Made By The Guardian [Exceptional]" That thing has got to have evil just oozing from it! I love my human blood too, but when you think of how awesome it is that a really old crafted item survived all these years and to have the name have so much UO history via the crafter's name... well, I get all warm and fuzzy inside thinking about... or maybe that's just being a dragon. *hic* *fireball* Damn.

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As the youngin' around these here parts I don't have the collecting history most of you do, and taking a 13 year 'break' from the game didn't help either! But when I sought out this forum and began down this road of a pass time within a pass time, I started off in one of Nabin's auctions. Now being the new kid on the block I had no idea who any of you where and the standing within the community and/or the depths of certain persons pockets. I wanted something unique, something that was older and had history behind it. That's when I saw the 65 spell spellbook. I had to have it. I bid what I thought was a lot on it and sat and waited. Along comes some guy and starts trumping my bids! WHAT?! Alright,t I said. I can put up a fight for this item. So I bid higher. He countered each of my bids, and as I got into the ten's, yes I said ten's, of millions I was worried. I'll be broke soon, or have to drop out of the bidding and try another day. Well I just happened to get lucky and bid a certain number, Nails lucky number. He bowed out of the bidding and welcomed me to the forums and to the world of rare collecting. Now I have a great item of the games history AND know nails lucky number!

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Lemon-Lime wafers! I have a char named Lemon-Lime and I hounded (ok maybe I slightly harassed) our poor EM every time I was on that char to make me some Lemon-Lime cookies. Finally, FINALLY she did unbeknown to me and wouldn't you know it, I missed the event! But my guild mate (BFF) did get some and past them on to me as a delightful Christmas gift. So they have special meaning from our EM and my guild mate.. thank you both! :)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favourite... Not a single item, but my whole collection of Crux Ansata items. Someday I intend to own them all! Sucks being broke with so many shields for sale right now. *snickers*

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There used to be a hat in Xanthar's rare museum called Moldy's Pimpin Hat. It was a simple dyed pink feathered hat. I remember hearing a description of where the item came from during a tour and thought it was a great tale.

I'd love to hear what ended up happening to that item since the museums seem closed now.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too many to name... Many of the items I have in my collection others wouldn't think twice about. My favorite things though are my roses. Since my return in 2008 from a brief abscence I have accumulated over 5k roses. A fraction of what I once owned, but impressive nonetheless. My favorite wearable item is my etheral cloak, favorite statue is my red death, a gift from a friend even though its not all that rare. Makes me wonder what's actually rare in my castle and whats just sentimental.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Forgot to list my current fav that I own. A Old Guildstone labeled "Ye Old Pub" with Pub as the initials.. I absolutely love love this, def one of the best Guildstone names out there in my opinion.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm, I don't think I can name just one and I'm more than likely forgetting something, but:
My old footwear collection of course!
Double Blessed Sigil Lantern!
Double Blessed Necklace and Earrings!
Mesanna's Slippers!

As for things I don't own, pretty much anything at The Glowing Orb!

rmjcsr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favorite is not so much a rare as it is an oddity which i can't seem to find any info on.I picked up a bolt of cloth labeled "27 yards of cloth" when i first started and have never seen another.It was this oddity that got me hooked on rare and odd items.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Too many to name... Many of the items I have in my collection others wouldn't think twice about. My favorite things though are my roses. Since my return in 2008 from a brief abscence I have accumulated over 5k roses. A fraction of what I once owned, but impressive nonetheless. My favorite wearable item is my etheral cloak, favorite statue is my red death, a gift from a friend even though its not all that rare. Makes me wonder what's actually rare in my castle and whats just sentimental.
5k Roses? wow that is truly dedication to collecting lol

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually have 3 favorites.

Before I ever even thought about rares I was wandering about my home shard (Napa of course), and discovered the coolest Keep owned by Swamp Thing. Swamp thing had this really cool Blue rock there named Enchanted Valorite Ore. Years later I was able to purchase not one but two of the four known examples of this rare. I later sold one and I still kind of regret doing that LoL.

My second favorite rare was the very first event item that I personally obtained from an event on Napa. A Hounds Tooth Necklace.

The last of my favorite rares is a double blessed exceptional apron given to me by a friend when he left UO. He always wore this apron and gave it to me when he told me he was leaving the game.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Hello :)
There has been a lot of talk regarding rares fest wishlists and items that people want from one event or another, im curious what everyones favorite rare is
Mesanna's Assassin Tool
I was on Baja with my good friend Wildstar and my character wasn't the best so I kept dieing over and over and over.....100x or more. Finally I decided to stand off to the side and take pictures while everyone else battled the Mesanna boss. While doing that I looked at the characters paperdoll and noticed her neon armor was blessed but this tiny little dagger in her hand wasn't. Once she died I stood by the body waiting for it to go public every else only looked at the blessed items so they didn't stick around and once it turned public *Yoink* I nabbed it off the corpse and ran like H,E Double Hockey Sticks. :)

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My favorite rares:

Whiterabbit's Goblin Paint
Ixtab's Globe of Virtuebane
Someone's dark blood tile that goes with my pentagram
Curran's horse statue
yalp's Yetterberry Tree
Nail's Nujelum Chemistry Set
LOL I love this game here.

My Turn:

1) Manticore's Steed of the Void
2) Clops Atlantic Blue Spider Queen
3) Goodmann's Red Two Story Statue
4) Promathia's Abyss House
5) Queen Arya's Addie Doll!

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, my actual most favorite Rare that I own is:

An Ancient Lyre Resembling A Coiled Serpent

History:
When I first began collecting and going to events, EM Nestor was our EM on Atlantic. This was like my 4th Event to have ever attended. We were out there in the swamps killing a huge dark green blob. I remember going a little left from the boss, because I was getting my A$$ kicked and decided I didn't want any part of that. Well I saw this very Awesome looking golden Harp laying on the ground. My palms began to get sweaty, I ran over to pick it up. I thought my computer was being mean, because it wouldn't let me pick it up. :(

I saw like 10 people around it (Now i think it was a steal-able). Well after coming to the conclusion I wasn't getting it, I decided to get some gold off of some of the previous monsters that had been killed. I remember dieing so much, any amount of gold would help for the insurance. Anways, I opened this corpse and low and behold... this magnificent harp was on the corpse. I was stunned, and couldn't believe it. Right when my mouse hovered over it.... it disappeared. Someone else had looted it right from under ME!!! Jeez.. sometimes I hate public corpses.

So now, after that experience I was determined to, one day, obtaining this Harp I almost had in my grasp. An auction came up, about 2-3 years after the Harp dropped. The harp was on there, with a buyout of 400M. I instantly, without thinking, said I would do buyout, but there was an issue.... WHERE WAS I GOING TO GET 400M!!!! Panicked, I began trying to sell everything I had to get this item I've wanted for so long. Finally, I was able to sell 2 things and get the funds to purchase my most favorite, and desired Item ever.

It is now located on my roof, in my Toad Town house. The garden, decorated by our very own Bon Iver, was built around the Harp. I have named the garden, "Sacred Gardens", because my most desired item is up there.

Harp.JPG

Last edited:

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Most if not all of Manticore's, Solus, Orc's, Gormac Von Leal, Olcher's, Lord + Lady Courage's collection, and many many more.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For sake of hilarity, I hope it was you I snatched it from :p
Well Well Well.... I'm.... speechless....

LOLOLOLOLOL

Here is a funny timeline concerning the matters of this said Harp

Probably was you. My first reaction when it disappeared was - :sad3: :sad2:
Then it turned into - :eek:
"WHO TOOK MY HARP!!" - :eyes:
Angry that this game is teasing me - :rant2:
Thinking about what just happened - :sad4:
Fascinating about owning this Harp - :drool:
Harp Comes up for sale - :eek2:
Dunno how I'm going to get the gold - :wall:
I Buy The Harp - :rolleyes:
I be like - :cool2:

And now when I find out Promathia could have taken my Harp - :whip: :gun: :yell: :fight: :twak: :flame: :sword:

I be like this to Promathia - :owned:

Promathia be like - :eek2:

Every Member of Stratics be like - :facepalm:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My in game wedding ring, had a large gathering from our guild (50 or so), a couple UO officals in their robes. What a great time and memory back then you did not have to pay for the event
just schedule it, I miss those days.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Great rares and stories everyone :)

Exploit_SX

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My top three are: Number 3: Two Story (Use to talk until they broke em with a patch) Statues. Number 2: Marble Table. Number 1: Phoenix armor with the "Norse Helm" and my phoenix boots to go with it!!! :D

nallez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My Top three all-time favorites are:

#3:
Phoenix armor, original, without the new boots (I actually despise the boots)

#2:
Two-story talking statue (the original, which actually said something every time you passed it. Damn you OSI for ruining it!)

#1:
Skull with candle from Europa event (The abyss-colored one which does flamestrike, when clicked)

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
my repeating crystal ball (eavesdropping) but alas its on cats. when I quit I gave to a dear friend. NOW SHE WONT GIBE IT BACK laufs

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1) My collection of risque, awful and bad named roses, clothes, bears, cards, guild stones...etc.
2) The one that has yet to drop, Glacial Two-Story Statue
3) Always love me some Glacial Spellbooks ;)