• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats wrong with this picture

J

Jander

I have a tamer from 2 years ago. Here are his stats:

Lore 92.2 (with jewlery 101.2)
Taming 87.1 (with jewlery 95.1)

My necro skill is 85 and I can maintain vampiric embrace which has a min. skill of 99, with jewlery. Why can't I tame things with my taming at 95? Is it because I'm wearing jewlery from 2 years ago?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a tamer from 2 years ago. Here are his stats:

Lore 92.2 (with jewlery 101.2)
Taming 87.1 (with jewlery 95.1)

My necro skill is 85 and I can maintain vampiric embrace which has a min. skill of 99, with jewlery. Why can't I tame things with my taming at 95? Is it because I'm wearing jewlery from 2 years ago?
What are you trying to tame that your failing at?

J

Jander

I recently tried to tame a nightmare and I got "You have no chance of taming this creature." or something like that. Required taming skill is 95.1.

M

maroite

Re: Whats wrong with this pi cture

thought nightmares were 96.4?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently tried to tame a nightmare and I got "You have no chance of taming this creature." or something like that. Required taming skill is 95.1.
Ok, I have to confess I don't think I've tried taming anything while exactly at the min skill for that pet, so I'm not sure how normal that message is. It could be that the mare was bugged or that your skill level is the issue. I'd suggest that you try to find taming skill items which will bring your skill as far above 95.1 as possible before you try nightmares again.

Taming a pet when you're at the minimum skill level is going to take you a very long time, unless you get very lucky. So what I'd suggest you do is keep training your taming up, and instead of a nightmare at this stage, I'd recommend you tame a pair of bake kitsune. They're challenging to tame, but you can have a 1 slot mount alongside them and they're very good all round pets which you would be able to tame and control at 95.1. You can then team one of the kits up with your nightmare when you get it.

Wenchy

T

Turbo

Faster way would be to get better jewels and tame one now.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Shrug*

There are many possibilities as to why you had your experience.

The stated Required to tame may be wrong (after all it is only as good as we the players contribute to Stratics, when we find some thing missing or wrong).

The particular mob may have been Tamed then Released this would increase the To Tame Requirement.

By and large I have been able to at least attempt to tame something when I have meet the Required to Tame amount.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if you are on ls I would be happy to make you some taming jewels I can put +26 on them (total) for each lore and tame if you want plus 30 you need to provide the extra mats