• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's up with Shadowguard rooms?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fountain:
1. Yes Exploit: You only need to complete one section with some very creative trick. Surfaced in recent months, at least from what I was told.
Since it's been fixed, it's a lot older than that. I personally knew about it a few years ago. There's also one with the belfry, but as I'm uncertain whether that particular one was fixed, I won't say anything further. But, knowing how the Greater Dragon's push was changed, if it's still possible to do, it's not worth doing.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Did the shadow guard last night with the same load out we have been using for the last year. 2x disco tamers 1 with a fire pet 1 with a cold pet and 1 SW Mage. The rooms and roof took us the same amount of time, no complications. Only difference I noticed was I couldn’t watch YouTube while doing the bosses. Only change we did was both tamers disco the spawned mobs and the mage killed the mobs.
We did notice one glitch though, when fighting Anon he was consistantly changing into a earth elemental even though no one was hitting with phy. And all pets had to stop hitting when he was in earth elemental form, unlike before when you could continue hitting with pets doing damage in other resistances.
Other than that one thing we blasted through the rooms and roof in a hour just like before the publish. Just had to pay more attention when doing the roof.

Centu

Visitor
Belfry!

Your char now gets FROZEN for THREE seconds by the dragon EVERY TIME you get pushed (and you get pushed every time) and that means you WILL get pushed down the tower EVERY TIME, even before you can swing a few hits.

This is a SHOW-STOPPER, at least for melee warriors. @Kyronix

And I've read both forums and I see a lot of feedback that says this was "intended" -- that is just non-sense from people who have NO IDEA.
Issue with the Belfry change is that Melee Characters are immediately frozen and pushed off, this cannot be by design. I was hitting the dragon once or twice before being frozen and pushed off. We had another guildmate with an archer getting frozen also and having to re-target. Pets getting pushed off was the normal and melee characters before. But it allowed you to at least try and brake the pushing to stay on top, now this is more or less unusable to try and melee the Belfry.

I went up 3 times with my character and each time was frozen thrown off after 1-2 hits. Funny the dragon is not even moving when you see your toon moving back one tile at a time and getting pushed off. I mean do they expect Melee characters to go up 100+ times in 20 minutes in order to finish the dragon? That would be impossible as far as I'm concerned with the drop rates of Feathers.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Response from uo forum from kyronix:

The core loop with the belfry is drakes -> feather -> dragon, repeat. You should be able to do upwards of 1000 damage to the dragon before the dragon flaps you off the platform. Anyone who is experience something other than an approximate 1000 points of damage before getting pushed off, or roughly 1/10th of the dragons health, needs to send a report to [email protected] with a minimum of the following information,
# of characters in the party
templates of the characters in the party
makeup of the players/pets that are doing damage to the dragon before the dragon pushes you off
approximate amount of damage being done to the dragon per hit from all sources

Alternatively, if you can screen cap and send it to the same email address that would be helpful too but also include information listed above that may not be apparent from the video.

Do not post this information on the forums, make sure you email it. Thanks for the reports and patience while we try to address any issues.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Does the 3rd group of Drakes become even stronger than the 2nd? We twice rung for a second group but those were much stronger than the first group, so we didn't dare try for a third group (yet). Makes that rinse repeat not really appealing!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does the 3rd group of Drakes become even stronger than the 2nd? We twice rung for a second group but those were much stronger than the first group, so we didn't dare try for a third group (yet). Makes that rinse repeat not really appealing!
Let's be honest, none of this seems appealing anymore. It was barely so before the changes.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We really don't see the problem of connecting 4 spigots with 4 drains, we have been doing that all the time and it really doesn't take all that long? Belfry indeed sounds very unfair for melee templates now, though we can imagine the Devs intended it to be more than a 3 minute battle... to get access to the best loot in game. Also the fact you can do the different rooms at different times makes the word grind seem... somewhat strange to us? With grind we think more like, needing hours n hours.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I browsed my old videos of doing belfry and counted the damages against dragon. Indeed when the total damage reached 1000hp, you get pushed back on that hit. This is not the problem, therefore NO BUG REPORT will be sent by anyone -- well played, Kyronix! No report = No issue.

Again, the NEW problem introduced in this patch is the long freeze that will get you pushed back 3 or 4 times in a row, and will guarantee you falling from the tower every time afterwards (therefore you get stuck in this loop.)

Obviously we are talking about different things -- as usual.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[Edit] Ok, after testing this... we found out that it wasn't so bad. Sorry for overreacting @Kyronix. Actually I feel quite foolish... I would always just get a key and go attack. I never even realized that we could get 2 keys and that pets don't rubber band. This has actually become easier for us. :p :p

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is going to make me so mad @Kyronix. Me (sampire), wife (mystic/mage), daughter (tamer/mage) do Shadowguard all the time. It is what we do... we have 7 houses in game and play a lot as a family. My wife cannot kill the dragon.... my daughter cannot kill the dragon. If I cannot kill the dragon (already took me 20-25 minutes anyway with us 3 in the room), who the **** is going to kill the dragon?
Use a bard for discord and have your daughter use a flying pet. It's the only way to do it now (I personally don't disco when I'm doing it by myself, but I also use 3 pets to do it.)

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use a bard for discord and have your daughter use a flying pet. It's the only way to do it now (I personally don't disco when I'm doing it by myself, but I also use 3 pets to do it.)
Ty, our pet worked out great honestly. We had never tried a pet before... I always just did it. :party::party: Much easier now, thanks a bunch.