• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's up with lag..

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone been experiencing huge amounts of lag to UO..when not connected I'm pinging from 12-17 on pingtest.net then I connect to UO on chessy and I'm pinging over 1000 it's ridiculous I can't move and when in vent it say my ping there is over 10k+

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm experiencing frequent lag spikes & losing connection around 2pm-4pm EST, but my ping isn't showing any changes. (5-35 for all east coast shards)

Edit: This started to occur monday, so Hurricane Sandy may be to blame =X, only time will tell.

Last edited:

Buddy Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was pretty bad for me last night. I kept freezing sometimes for up to 30+ seconds which seems like an eternity when your in a dungeon.

Juztme

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Oceania has been having frequent dropouts after lag hits over the past couple of hours

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh it is freakish when crafting gets lag and opening a container that has been in place for over a decade can cause a drop crash for all my accounts.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any east coast server has been laggy for me in the evenings, but west coast seems fine

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night I lost connection to every west coast server but had fine lines to all the east coast...
Last night was good for about an hour and then suddenly became very laggy which made me cautious, so I decided to go to a safer place and log out after losing connecition twice. For awhile the Autopatch would not connect, and when it finally did, the West Coast shards were down, as was Sonoma. They would become available on the Auto Patch but only for a brief time. Eastern Shards seemed ok. I kept playing when Sonoma came up but stayed in safe locations. Sonoma kept vanishing and I Lost connection continuously.

Finally had to give up trying to play last night. Is it any better tonight?

Last edited:

Corpin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its probably a result of trammel being over populated. Maybe it should be removed to improve latency.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still don't get the 15 years you have to optimize and improve server and you still don't...and not to turn this into an ec v cc battle but the same lag occurs in both so I don't want to hear well ten switch clients that does nothing..I play way more graphic demanding games with zero lag..I'm not sure it's all to blame on the ISP it's poor server side coding I'd say..it's not like we have a huge abundance of people creating lag...

Ps..I do give some of the credit to hurricane sandy she was a nasty one..but even before then the lag spikes/freezes is a bit ridiculous given the amount of time these devs have had to iron out the creaky 15 yr old poor coding of today's standards

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its probably a result of trammel being over populated. Maybe it should be removed to improve latency.
Explain: WHY WAS IT HAPPENING IN FELUCCA? I was in FELUCCA when I LOST CONNECTIONS. Working on Named Skeletons in Cemetaries. They only have 2500 HP and aren't good to be around on either facet if connection is being lost.

Corpin did you have to make such a snarky post? :bdh: That's how to get threads locked.
I've been in this game since before Sept 24, 1997 so am not exactly one facet or another at any time. I pvp.

CovenantX you must have thought I meant to ask if it was happening in Felucca too.
I would have written it like this:
"WHY, was it happening in felucca too?"

Languages -- have to love the English Language? So many ways to say the same thing. I should have explained better to Corprin so there would be no misunderstanding. OK Correction made now I hope. "

So, did you do a traceroute to the server?
Not sure if you are replying to my post IanJames, but I didn't do tracework to the server because I was able to access the internet to post on UHall. Google Earth worked for me and many other sites.
Only the AutoPatch to UO would not co-operate.

Yikes, I haven't even finished editing the mistakes out of my edits in here and Corprin has posted. I dare not read it. Am out of here .. *waves* *hits 'save changes*

Last edited:

Corpin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Explain: WHY WAS IT HAPPENING IN FELUCCA? I was in FELUCCA when I LOST CONNECTIONS. Working on Named Skeletons in Cemetaries. They only have 2500 HP and aren't good to be around on either facet if connection is being lost.

Corpin did you have to make such a snarky post? :bdh:

CovenantX you must have thought I meant to ask if it was happening in Felucca too.
If I had meant that, I would have written it like this:
"WHY, was it happening in felucca too?"

Not sure if you are replying to my post IanJames, but I didn't do tracework to the server because I was able to access the internet to post on UHall. Google Earth worked for me and many other sites.
Only the AutoPatch to UO would not co-operate.
Trammies make snide comments about Fel all the time and noone says anything but likes, agreed, etc. Eye for an Eye, even if it belongs to a dead horse.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The difference is, Fel players have the right to be bitter. Trammel players have it all but an outdated white scroll you can barely give away.
'
You certainly do have the right to hold a grudge, be bitter and vendictive.

Personally, I also have that right to be very bitter with the life I've led in this game and the way some players treated me for the first many years, but I prefer and chose to be more constructive, optomistic, creative and try move on to better things. Arguments over issues that can be handled with decor leave me cold. I can;t help thinking there is no need for everyone to be bashing each other over the head relentlessly over any issue. <<<< something like that :rant2:

*waves and says goodnight" (again) .. be happy!

Last edited:

Corpin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'
You certainly do have the right to hold a grudge, be bitter and vendictive.

Personally, I also have that right to be very bitter with the life I've led in this game and the way some players treated me for the first many years, but I prefer to be constructive, optomistic, creative and move on to better things. Arguments over issues that can be handled with decor leave me thinking think there is no need for everyone to be bashing each other over the head relentlessly over issues. <<<< something like that :rant2:

*waves and says goodnight" (again) .. hehe
they way they treated you for the first many years is the equivalent for how fel is treated now, and in the foreseeable future. You would be bitter too if it was present and not past.