• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's to love about the new default UI with Pinco's UI?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Let's face it, the new default UI had a rough start. There were lots of bugs, and a lot of what Pinco wanted to do with it, either there wasn't enough time for, or the devs flat out nixed it. Then came the new Pinco's version 6, and it was/is beta, and there were a fair number of bugs there as well.

But Pinco has been working like mad, and most of the bugs are fixed, and the new UI with Pinco's version 6 is sweet. I just thought I'd make a list of the features that I really like in the new Pinco's, and you can add your own as well. I'll also list some of my favourites from the old Pinco's that made it into the newest version.

One thing I should make clear before I start is that there are a ton of new features and tweaks with the new Pinco's. Some of them are such small details that you might not even notice them, but when you add them all together, they make for an amazing experience with the Enhanced Client.

In no particular order.
  • PERFORMANCE: Right from the outset the performance of the new default UI was simply stunning. It felt like an entirely new client, which in a way it was, and that huge performance advantage continues with the new Pinco's.
  • The new chat system. Unlike the old default that for some unimaginable reason the devs thought was better than Pinco's, it doesn't cut off the bottom of your journal and it is configurable to your heart's content. All the different message types on different tabs. Easy to read with great font choices and an infinite number of colours. It's da bomb.
  • This doesn't get said enough. But ever notice how often your fellow UO'rs crash with the classic client? The enhanced client, especially with the new Pinco's, is more stable - much more stable.
  • And this is one of my absolute favourites, the new "Finder's Keepers" feature for the list mode for corpses. In case you aren't aware, if you set "List" as your default view mode for corpses, you can then create a list of the kinds of items you are looking for in loot, give them a special colour and they will sort to the top of the list in every corpse, and it works perfectly - 10 ssi jewels with 5 stam? 30 soul charge shields and two handed weapons? 30 splintering weapons? It takes a bit of setting up, especially on multiple characters, but once you do have it set up, it will make sorting through loot on a corpse much more, well, FUN...
  • Another small detail I love. If you have a pet, and you rename it, if you wanted to look at it as the specific pet type, you used to have to choose the pet type every time from the drop down list. Well now you only have to do this once and the UI remembers. So every time you lore your pet it will now show as the appropriate pet type, with all the relevant information such as stat caps, right there.
  • And this is huge - HUGE. Pinco's UI automatically cleans up your character files and removes all the obsolete entries now. Those entries can really screw up performance, but if you were like me, my desktops for individual character types, are the product of three years of configuring and tweaking, and the thought of starting over from scratch was beyond painful. Well you no longer need to worry about that. Yes you will need to reconfigure some things, hotbars will need to be moved around, etc. but it lightyears better than having to start over from scratch.
  • And then there are all the features we all loved from the old Pinco's UI, many of which made it into the new default UI - individually resizable UI elements, the new pet lore gump, etc. etc.
I've only listed six and I'm already tired, but there are a ton more. Feel free to add your favourite features, or details, to the thread.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • And this is huge - HUGE. Pinco's UI automatically cleans up your character files and removes all the obsolete entries now. Those entries can really screw up performance, but if you were like me, my desktops for individual character types, are the product of three years of configuring and tweaking, and the thought of starting over from scratch was beyond painful. Well you no longer need to worry about that. Yes you will need to reconfigure some things, hotbars will need to be moved around, etc. but it lightyears better than having to start over from scratch.
with the latest patches there is also the system that recognizes the new actions based on the old icon that you have on the profile and fixes the hotbar, so you won't have much trouble remaking all :D

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Another thing I keep forgetting to thank Pinco for - the transparencies for containers no longer cover half the desktop... *cheers* :)