• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's the state of the game?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to play SWG years ago, I was in the beta, and played for a while after that. Up until the NGE made me want to quit. I suppose this is a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. Have any changes been made to bring the game back to something close to what it was before the combat upgrade and the NGE? I loved it before they made the changes, but after that it was too simplified. I felt like I was playing a kiddie version of the game.

Last time I logged in during one of their free return trials, the servers were just about empty. In hours of playing I only saw maybe half a dozen people. How are things these days? Any better?

RainStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, the game is alive and well. Make some characters on different servers and see which one you like the best before making it permanent.