• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

whats the point of hosting

F

frogger2

ok folks off and on ive hosted a logic skill house in tc3, now we dont get any kind of bonus why bother hosting if we dont get anything for it ive hosted in av tons of times and had fun at it and got a nice bonus on both visits and object use felt like it was worth hosting. but here in tc3 you get nothing nadda zip no feeling of doing a good job dam not even tips because everyone else is getting the big shuffle off. Devs what are you doing are you trying to make us quit? first no yearly gifts no house bonus no object use bonus what the point of hosting when you get zip.only house worth hosting is a money house or no green house. because you need money to fill food objects to help keep guests happy. the other day i went bust feeding guests on 2 sims. give us our house bonus back. your puny 500 a week isnt a reward at all.Im sorry to post negative posts but lately Ive seen very little to cheer about. its not right to make us work like we do to host when it should be fun.its not fun when your out of cash and have to close house just to make enough money buy food and be able to hire a repairman.im just not seeing any reason to host anymore outside of my money house or my residence lots. sorry folks but my logic house stays closed till they fix this.

G

i never hosted for the bonus, i always just wanted to go up the list. so i guess im fine with the change

M

mariotso

i don't understand it either, frogman. it was bad enough before babysitting a bunch of afkers and then watching them poof without so much as a thank you. at least the bonus was nice so you didn't have to go pizza to feed them. now, pshhh, there is zero point.

you should ask at the pub.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

ok folks off and on ive hosted a logic skill house in tc3, now we dont get any kind of bonus why bother hosting if we dont get anything for it ive hosted in av tons of times and had fun at it and got a nice bonus on both visits and object use felt like it was worth hosting. but here in tc3 you get nothing nadda zip no feeling of doing a good job dam not even tips because everyone else is getting the big shuffle off. Devs what are you doing are you trying to make us quit? first no yearly gifts no house bonus no object use bonus what the point of hosting when you get zip.only house worth hosting is a money house or no green house. because you need money to fill food objects to help keep guests happy. the other day i went bust feeding guests on 2 sims. give us our house bonus back. your puny 500 a week isnt a reward at all.Im sorry to post negative posts but lately Ive seen very little to cheer about. its not right to make us work like we do to host when it should be fun.its not fun when your out of cash and have to close house just to make enough money buy food and be able to hire a repairman.im just not seeing any reason to host anymore outside of my money house or my residence lots. sorry folks but my logic house stays closed till they fix this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think we are all spoiled. Tipping needs to be the norm now.

As a guest, I often have a difficult time finding the tip jars. Sometimes I have to search and search to find the jars for the roomies who are doing all the work -- hidden behind the house, or in an alcove that can't be seen unless you rotate the view. I have thought perhaps there needs to be a custom started for where to locate tip jars. At the entrance to the house, or in the kitchen, but something that is uniform from house to house.

Other ways to extract fees from guests need to be developed. I spend lots of time in skill houses and see many owners and roomies knock themselves out being super hosts. I also see many, many guests who have eaten the HC and enjoyed (even demanded) the serenades just poof without tipping. I don't blame anyone who feels the effort of running a busy house is not worth it.

F

frogger2

I would go to the pub but hey why bother them they dont seam to care about what anyone wants anymore least thats the feedback ive been getting from them. shut up pay thier bills and be unseen seams to be tso's gameplay plan for the little people of tso.

G

It costs $24 for group meal from the black fridge = $4 per hc meal

Personally - I ALWAYS tip at least $6, normally $10 each time I eat/use the bathroom. This covers the cost of the food plus some for the upkeep of the house (breakages etc)

Why not put a $5 pay door on the entry to your dining area then people will have to pay to eat or go elsewhere?

Dont know if people agree with this but I wouldn't have a problen with paying it

PS - I have a skills lot in BF that was always busy (when i used to play there) but there is NO way I would host in TC3, my reasons....

* far too many sims demanding to be sung to 'sing to me' 'I need songs' They dont even know that they can use the bed for energy and can interact with other for social *sighs*
* far too many sims demanding to be fed 'food?' or just 'HC'
* Far too many sims begging to be loaned/given money 'cos they aint got none and the NEED to buy a house' WTF??!! then getting abusive when you say 'no you have to earn it like we have or get more skill then you'll get higher payouts'
* No visitor bonus (yes, last on my list)

I dunno maybe I'm just getting grumpy(er) in my old age but manners cost nothing and i cartainly couldn't play host to these rude sims - they'd be out on their ears I'm afraid.

*off to take my happy pills now*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I would go to the pub but hey why bother them they dont seam to care about what anyone wants anymore least thats the feedback ive been getting from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt that.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Charging for food is a solution if you are too broke to host. However, like someone mentioned before they host and play just for list status. The list players consider food costs as part of the price they pay for the goal they want to achieve. More than likely they will always offer free food.

I've never had a problem with paying my way. I am more than happy to pay for my meals and would much prefer to tip or use a paydoor to thank my hosts. I experimented with charging for food in TC3 using a paydoor. When you cook meals they can be set out on the counters behind a paydoor. Minimum charge per entry does need to be $8 for the door to distribute the pay to those living in house. Just before food goes bad, you can remove each plate and sit it out on a table for free. Players would have a choice of paying to eat the hot fresh stuff or waiting for a cold plate of leftovers.

You could also have specific times that food is served instead of running to the kitchen every time someone announces they are hungry. Just politely tell them that lunch is served at noon or dinner at 7. Too many hosts waste tons of money keeping food readily available 24 hours a day.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I don't care about the visitor bonus and I don't care about the top 100 list.

I only host because I enjoy hosting immensely. To me, a good host has to know how to have fun and they drag their poor unsuspecting guests along with them. If you are at MY house skilling, you should fully expect that something 'unexpected' could happen.

In the past year 6 months, I rarely if ever open my houses to anyone other then the very closest of friends because I'm tired of having to 'compete for guests' against the 'gimmick' houses. And then again, guests don't really act like 'guests' any longer. They act like 'little lord fauntroy's' as if the host is there to kiss their rears and they suspend any effort to appreciate the efforts their hosts are making to ensure that their skilling is done in a graceous atmosphere.

I remember way back when...there was a time it was almost impossible to land in a nice skill house in AV. They were always full to the brim for hours and hours. When you did land, you minded your manners because you didn't want to get kicked out. Now adays, there are so many skill houses begging for your business, that skillers don't care how they act because they can just go elsewhere.

Ugh....I hate being old school TSO!!!

F

frogger2

seems to me folks are missing my point here guests arnt tipping enough no bonus means no extra cash to host I really want to host my logic skill house but with no kind of back up I cant Im on my own hosting here no roommates but me. I host a house and went thru 2 sims worth of cash just feeding 5 days str8 of hosting and no tips. those that wants to host should get some kind of help in regards to house bonus.im not asking for tons of cash but really some kind of help lol. how about this new object everfull buffet table for the true hosts of tso. any help to host from the dev team would be most appreciated.perhaps thats how i should have started this post.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

seems to me folks are missing my point here guests arnt tipping enough no bonus means no extra cash to host I really want to host my logic skill house but with no kind of back up I cant Im on my own hosting here no roommates but me. I host a house and went thru 2 sims worth of cash just feeding 5 days str8 of hosting and no tips. those that wants to host should get some kind of help in regards to house bonus.im not asking for tons of cash but really some kind of help lol. how about this new object everfull buffet table for the true hosts of tso. any help to host from the dev team would be most appreciated.perhaps thats how i should have started this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is....

You host because you enjoy it, not because you get paid to do it. If you do not like hosting and feeding people for free then you can charge people for food or choose a new goal in life. Many players are unaware of how much it costs to host a house and until home owners stand up and start educating the masses then nothing will change. If hosting a skill house is really what you want to do then you need to find roomies to help, start educating your guests to tip for services, or charge for food.

F

frogger2

cant you read between the lines? i want to host but cannot because i cant feed the guests. understand it cant be enjoyable if you have to close to run to a money house every few hrs. and i cant understand why you cant get that. i want to host as long as im on tso. in production cities no problems because you can at least do some money objects at a skill house to make money for the fridge or buffet, here in tc3 you cant even do that now. i have to close house and go make money whats the point of hosting when its on tso terms and not yours? lol'ing sadly. i want it to be in it for the fun but for the money or lacking of money it i just cant. this is for those that wants to host full homes. its one thing for store owners or people that dont want to host a busy home to be attacking this post and so far thats seams to be all im getting from this in respons to say whats being siad but so far no real feedback from true hosts that hosts alone.all im getting is flack from people that dont want to host to begin with. ps. if you charge players for food they will never come back and i do want regulers DUH.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I do like the idea of the 'everful' buffett for skill houses.

Since skill houses do not make money and since you have to physically go to another house to make money to stock the frig, I do believe that there should be a 'huge' cut in the cost of making meals at a skill house.

Since we probably won't get the 'everful' buffett for skill houses, I do like Gracie's idea of announcing meal times too.

If someone lands on my lot while I'm greening my guests, I say..."come get some hc and green up with us and then we'll get back to skilling....That way we can all green up together."

I have found that some guests are very rude because they will stand there and do what they are doing and wait until just after the flies get the food and then they will demand more food be served. Or they will say..."I don't need anything" and as soon as you put away the dirty dishes, they will ask for food.

We as hosts just have to try to 'train' the trainable and keep a lot of scotch handy for the untrainable ones.

G

frogger why not put 2 doors to your kitchen area, make sure its sealed off so sims cant sneak in. Make 1 door a pay door and charge $4 or $5 to enter the kitchen, nd make the other door a 1 way exit that doesn't charge them to leave. At $4 you break even for the food costs and at $5 you make $1 per meal and ts a lil profit for fixing broken items.. Sims should be reasonable and understand the coss in TC3 and not mind a $4-$5 meaql, i wouldn't mind it as i understand the costs incurred.

G

<blockquote><hr>

cant you read between the lines? i want to host but cannot because i cant feed the guests. understand it cant be enjoyable if you have to close to run to a money house every few hrs. and i cant understand why you cant get that. i want to host as long as im on tso. in production cities no problems because you can at least do some money objects at a skill house to make money for the fridge or buffet, here in tc3 you cant even do that now. i have to close house and go make money whats the point of hosting when its on tso terms and not yours? lol'ing sadly. i want it to be in it for the fun but for the money or lacking of money it i just cant. this is for those that wants to host full homes. its one thing for store owners or people that dont want to host a busy home to be attacking this post and so far thats seams to be all im getting from this in respons to say whats being siad but so far no real feedback from true hosts that hosts alone.all im getting is flack from people that dont want to host to begin with. ps. if you charge players for food they will never come back and i do want regulers DUH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of expecting people to get what you are tying to say why did'nt you just say it straight out??

I said that I has a skills house, so I DO know what its like hosting alone, albeit only for 18 sims.

I also said you either need to put in a pay door (OK the minimum as Gracie has said id $8) OR only have the buffet out and chage what it costs you to fill it (ie full=$120 - 12 plates @ $10 ) Although - its cheaper for you guests and better as they will only need to eat once if you make HC in conjuntion with the charge door.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Back in the days when I was too poor to provide food for my guests I would simply close up the house.

"Sorry folks, time for me to close. I'm out of money to feed your leaching butts. I'm off to make more money! See ya next time"

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't close the house every few hours, I'd set aside one day a week (out of 7 that isn't much) to be at a money house earning money. Doing it that way, I'm sure you can make enough in that one day to not have to be away from your skill house at all. Or, instead of having your 2nd sim at your skill house all the time, you could have him be at a money house making money while you host with your main sim.....that is if you're talking about a 2nd account sim.

I'm with the others that have said I host because I LIKE it, even when it makes me go broke. When I don't feel like hosting and having my pockets drained, I don't host, and now that there's no benefit to being high on the lists, there's no penalty for that. Sounds to me, as much as you say you like it, you don't really LOVE it, and personally I think that's one of the characteristics of an extraordinary host....having a passion for helping others and wanting to provide a service, whether getting paid for it or not.

That having been said, I have no problem with tip jars, and I usually tip way more than what I actually eat to make up for those who do not tip, but honestly I would resent a pay door, because that's somebody else delegating to me how much I HAVE to pay. If there was a kind of door that said you had to pay *something* to eat, but would let you enter in the amount that you wish to pay, with the minimum being the cost of the food, then I'd have no problem with that, and would probably enter an amount like I said, that is more than what I actually ate is worth, because then I'm given a choice.....but there is no object like that in game until someone either one of the devs codes it, or someone figures out how to do it through CC like so many of the 'functional' items that have been made through CC for TS1 and TS2. If functional items can be made for those games by players, I see no reason that it wouldn't be on the horizon for us to be able to do that here in TSO.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

You should find one of those 'wealthy' but lonely sim ladies and get hitched!

FYI....my sims are neither lonely nor wealthy so I can be left off that list.

G

I get your problem, but you need to be adaptive and make use of the suggestions you are being offered. There is no need for property bonuses...the game provides a way to get what you need.

I have seen hosts put out signs, asking for a certain amount, or just reminding people that it costs § to feed them.

I have seen tip jars promenently displayed next to the food. (white pillar tables, red stars, lights)

I have seen hosts designate certain time for meals, with vending machines (cost §) and punch bowls (free), for folks that can not make it until serving time.

All in busy, popular houses.

Most importantly, I have had more than a few PM's from folks (seeing me leaving a tip), ask how much they should leave.....I don't think any but a few butt-heads, would take offense at having it spelled out for them......Politely ask everyone to leave you §10 (or whatever you need) for every meal they eat......or more/less as they can afford.

If you want to use a paydoor, simply explain in a sign out front why you are using them....everything goes better with an explanation.

What ever you decide to do to cover the cost of food, just be up-front with your guests, most will understand and support you.

I have been known to go back and leave a tip at a house when I have disconnected, had to leave in a hurry or been broke. *Most* people want to do the right thing, and want to help a good host....just let them know what you need.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Put the food behind a pay door.

Given the effort put into a balanced economy, I don't you should hold your breath on receiving any handouts from EA.

G

I really dont enjoy hosting anymore, sims have gotten so demanding it takes away alot of the fun for me. However I really do enjoy hosting at my residence, no demands at all!

That said, I agree that we should be charging for food. Paydoors if they wont leave tips or charge for buffet food. Its time spoiled sims learn that things arent free anymore! I agree with the suggestion to set aside a workday, tho I would be just as willing to say what Gracie said, "cant afford to feed you leeches gotta go c'ya!" One thing is for sure we dont host skill houses for profit, we never did really but we surely dont now!

I

imported_princess45001

i agree gracie i have opened a club for ppl to enjoy but alot of newbie sims in tc3 now on free trial who dont know to or just dont tip and want to roommate then you never see them again i work butt off 1/2 of day to feed them for few hours i can afford to keep house opened.seems everyone is hosting money houses now cause only place you can still get paid for having.i am considering charging fee for entering club to help pay for what i spend to host but everyone is broke trying to host own houses.i think you are gonna see all money houses soon and nothing of anything else.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, well, providing people convenience, providing food, letting people skill at your place, chatting, socializing...

Did I leave anything out?

Quit complaining that your helping people without a award. That's just silly.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm, well, providing people convenience, providing food, letting people skill at your place, chatting, socializing...

Did I leave anything out?
Quit complaining that your helping people without a award. That's just silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, actually, you could have left that out all together.

It's because of crappy "you should be happy to wait on me" attitudes that many of us don't host guests in our houses.

G

Hosting can be a very thankless task, especially in TC3. I would imagine it is very hard without roomies.

I've spent a lot of time skilling in TC3 lately (my old TC sim has oodles of locks to fill !) and I've been quite surprised by what I've seen. Demanding guests that have little consideration for the host, expecting to be sung too at every possible opportunity, fed whenever they choose to come back from being afk and need to green their sim - all for free !

That said, I've also experienced a few places where the guests have tried really hard to help out roomies who were clearly struggling on their own - serenading for them, helping cook if the roomie didn't have good cooking skill, repairing stuff or calling the repairman and of course tipping.

If you really want to continue hosting, I suggest that you do the following:

a) find at least one good roomie to help you out.
b) take a day or two away from the house and earn some money
c) when you're ready to open back up - either put several tip jars out near where people sit to eat - make them clearly visible and easy to find, - or, as others have suggested add pay doors and put the food and seating area behind the pay door.

I think often people intend to tip but may end up erroring or leaving in a hurry and forgetting. Make it easier for ppl to tip you, or just start charging.

If they don't want to pay to eat, they'll go elsewhere and thats fine - better for you to have guests that want to stay and help you out, then those that want everything for nothing

I also like the idea of serving meals at set times and announcing that you are doing so. I would definitely do that if I ever go back to hosting a skill lot. It shouldn't be your problem if they were afk and missed the food and they sure as hell shouldn't expect you to cook for them now, just because they are hungry, particularly if they're not intending to contribute towards the costs.

Perhaps people would be more inclined to pay attention and not run off and do other stuff and expect you to babysit their sim for them, if they were aware they would only get to eat at certain times.

Be brave and make the changes you would like to see.

I would probably do all of the above if I opened a place - oh and in addition I've have a few beds somewhere central so that people could see them and whenever they said "I need songs", I'd politely point them towards the bedroom ! Then I'd make a point of serenading everyone that was obviously not afk ! Of course I'd make sure that there were enough skill objects on the lot, so they wouldn't be worried about going to green and then not being able to get back on a piano/work bench whatever. There is nothing worse then 35 ppl on a lot all wanting to do creativity when there are only 27 pianos.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's because of crappy "you should be happy to wait on me" attitudes that many of us don't host guests in our houses.

[/ QUOTE ]

FFFOOOOOOOOODDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

FFFOOOOOOOOODDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I NEED SONGS!!!!!!!

(most effective when there is one roomie and at least 30 guests)

G

*ttl*
I think those are all great suggestions. If people started putting their foot down and more and more places start charging for food then many will decide to stay and pay then have to jump from place to place to find something for free. If more people stop catering to the rude sims every whim then maybe they will learn to ask politely. Personally, being a doormat in game is not fun for me and I will find better things to do.

D

dinaj

I NEEEED SONGS NOW ...... while they stand there and wait for minutes instead of just using the beds lol

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I NEEEED SONGS NOW ...... while they stand there and wait for minutes instead of just using the beds lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely love the skill house owners that take their time getting to that serenade and making people wait the same amount of time it takes if the guest had just used the bed in the first place. LOL.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

How about the folks that ask for serenades that you've already serenaded?

Us oldies need to start teachin these youngins some good old fashioned sim manners somehow.

D

dinaj

I rarely serenade if im hosting I usually put in house bio NO SERENADES use the beds ya lazy sims. Unless of course I feel like serenading and/or my guests are of the rare but seen on occasion sim WITH manner's breed!

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

I certainly wouldn't mind paying for food, but how are brand new sims suppose to eat with 0 money when they start? Takes a few for them to get a job, let alone walk and talk, lol

D

dinaj

those sims can explain they are broke, they certainly dont have a problem asking for money

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Well, actually I'm not above having my sims 'share' a plate.

If my finances are really low in TC3, I fix one plate. One sim will eat a little and then I let the other eat the rest. Whoever needs the most food will eat the most. (Now you know why I hang out at the pub so much....you don't need to eat there. HEHE)

YIKES!! I am only 'that poor' when I've spent all my money on something I really wanted like that 'chair' I wanted really bad. LMAO.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I certainly wouldn't mind paying for food, but how are brand new sims suppose to eat with 0 money when they start? Takes a few for them to get a job, let alone walk and talk, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes 6 real life hours to starve to death. Anyone that cannot figure out how to make enough money to pay for a meal in 6 hours really deserves to die, in my opinion

G

lmao Gracie !!

Do sims really start with $0? I thought it was $100?

Polly

P

PB Three

Not anymore, my friend.

Nothing else to say atm... lol

PB Three

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Free accounts get $0. When do new subscribers get their $500? Do they have to wait a week for that EA Money?

P

PB Three

I think they do have to wait a week. My 2nd account converted from a trial to a paid one and got no bonus money. (I had to do a trial to work around not having another serial number and no local stores sell TSO anymore.)

PB Three

G

<blockquote><hr>

It takes 6 real life hours to starve to death. Anyone that cannot figure out how to make enough money to pay for a meal in 6 hours really deserves to die, in my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]
This made my day. Quite possibly my entire week!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I get your problem, but you need to be adaptive and make use of the suggestions you are being offered. There is no need for property bonuses...the game provides a way to get what you need.

I have seen hosts put out signs, asking for a certain amount, or just reminding people that it costs § to feed them.

I have seen tip jars promenently displayed next to the food. (white pillar tables, red stars, lights)

I have seen hosts designate certain time for meals, with vending machines (cost §) and punch bowls (free), for folks that can not make it until serving time.

All in busy, popular houses.

Most importantly, I have had more than a few PM's from folks (seeing me leaving a tip), ask how much they should leave.....I don't think any but a few butt-heads, would take offense at having it spelled out for them......Politely ask everyone to leave you §10 (or whatever you need) for every meal they eat......or more/less as they can afford.

If you want to use a paydoor, simply explain in a sign out front why you are using them....everything goes better with an explanation.

What ever you decide to do to cover the cost of food, just be up-front with your guests, most will understand and support you.

I have been known to go back and leave a tip at a house when I have disconnected, had to leave in a hurry or been broke. *Most* people want to do the right thing, and want to help a good host....just let them know what you need.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't mind tipping, but I have a limited attention span when it comes to searching for the tip jars - especially when I need to log off quickly. Display them prominently so that folks can find them.

S

swissmoonbeam

OK, I haven't been around that long...about 150 or so days....but I do love hosting my skill house. It makes me just a little bit sad that we will not gain anything or get help for being a good host. I will definitely put out a tip jar and maybe even charge for food, if it comes to that (of course I have a job and will try to make it that way as well).

I wonder if anyone has thought about getting free maid/gardener/repair service for skill houses?? Or maybe no charge or very reduced rate for filling the buffet for your guests??? That might sound silly to some....idk. It's just a thought. Just as a little bit of incentive for the skill house host....

moon

L

lisjacase1

<blockquote><hr>

Us oldies need to start teachin these youngins some good old fashioned sim manners somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

*Nods in agreement* Lead the way I will follow

I host a house along with 4 awesome roomies that is filled to capacity not during factory hours. We take turns going to work while at least 1 roomie is left at the house, we help each other out with money and all stock fridges and buffet. The singing, yeah its way demanding at times, especially when you have a house of 35, rl, IMs, and so on ....we try to keep everyone green the best we can but its really hard to do. I was hoping Thrill's guest motive thing would be working soon so we could tell better whats going on with our guests because we just do really care and want them to have a great time and not have to worry about greening their sim so much. We always have a great time there at BFU, and have a great house and great guests and friends who we could not do this without. I dont ever like to mention to the room how I cant pay to feed them, to me this is bad manners, I decided to open the house as a skill house, not them, so therefore how I feed them is my responisbility. If they tip...great very nice bonus, and mostly it is...have had mine filled several times with 5k and so have my roomies. I guess we just have very unique and wonderful simmys like we have always thought

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*Nods in agreement* Lead the way I will follow

I host a house along with 4 awesome roomies that is filled to capacity not during factory hours. We take turns going to work while at least 1 roomie is left at the house, we help each other out with money and all stock fridges and buffet. The singing, yeah its way demanding at times, especially when you have a house of 35, rl, IMs, and so on ....we try to keep everyone green the best we can but its really hard to do. I was hoping Thrill's guest motive thing would be working soon so we could tell better whats going on with our guests because we just do really care and want them to have a great time and not have to worry about greening their sim so much. We always have a great time there at BFU, and have a great house and great guests and friends who we could not do this without. I dont ever like to mention to the room how I cant pay to feed them, to me this is bad manners, I decided to open the house as a skill house, not them, so therefore how I feed them is my responisbility. If they tip...great very nice bonus, and mostly it is...have had mine filled several times with 5k and so have my roomies. I guess we just have very unique and wonderful simmys like we have always thought

[/ QUOTE ]

HC - your house is quite unique IMHO

2 of my sims spend quite a bit of time there because of the friendly and fun atmosphere.

You have experienced roomies - who actually go to work themselves (including you) and guests who like to help out with singing and fixing things as they mostly have quite good mech skills.

You always remind us when to start greening for work and ask if anyone needs anything before we go. Always have have hc ready when the bot factory kicks out. Makes for a great house thats always full.

Makes all the difference.

*Here we go*

However - I am in full agreement that sims need to be educated that they dont NEED to be sung to - it's just what they have seen in most houses. I personally went on a crusade of telling them to use the beds. Then you get the 'but I need socal too.....' well interact with someone else then *sigh*

And they never clear their plates away either - drives me insane!!!!!

No they just expect the host to run their arse into the ground while they sit there and skill then demand food and poof without even so much of a ty - ffs its 2 letters and hit enter - not hard to do is it?

Then with some of them - you get the verbal abuse - most hosts will give in and sing to them - me? BOOT the ignorant lil sims i say, do you really want to bust your guts to feed and pamper people like that and get nothing for it? They'll soon learn - even if they have to do it the hard way.

.......and that my friends is why you will NOT find me hosting in TC3

*Rant over*

Ugh 3 edits for typos

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I do hc at my house...one plate at a time.

I make it and then throw it on the floor "There's your dinner!!"

Sims are very leary of my buffett as I keep it in my pocket and only take it out when I need to.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sims are very leary of my buffett as I keep it in my pocket and only take it out when I need to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why am I picturing a buffett covered in pocket lint?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Why am I picturing a buffett covered in pocket lint?

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO....Well, considering the food has been on there since the first week that TC3 opened, I would think lint would be the least of your worries.

But see now, those folks that can't afford to let food go bad could learn to pocket their buffetts and set it out only when a sim is hungry and then repocket it. A lot of money is wasted on letting buffetts go bad.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

For anyone that has more than 10pts of cooking skill, I would suggest grilling burgers. One burger is more filling than any plate from a buffet if prepared by a highly skilled cook. Often one burger will fill your guest up completely if their hunger level is not completely depleted.

However, if you have no cooking skills you'll have to eat the whole platter of burgers.