• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Whats the most lucrative thing Bards can do with Provocation? just curious :)

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats the most lucrative thing Bards can do with Provocation? just curious :)
is it solo farm? tmaps? any high end mobs?

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i use a mystic/mage with provo, and can do any miniboss in abyss, hunt big creatures, and soloing a lot of stuff, wonderful char for big guys in a group.
Just a hint, you can provo the mobs to attack your colossus :p

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i use a mystic/mage with provo, and can do any miniboss in abyss, hunt big creatures, and soloing a lot of stuff, wonderful char for big guys in a group.
Just a hint, you can provo the mobs to attack your colossus :p
I haven't GM Mystic yet. is this colossus really good? better than EV's? doest Mysticism need any other skills like eval int?

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mysticism does more damage than a GD, it have more life and you can cast them :p

I recommend you a minimum of 115 mysticism, being 120 the best option. You will need focus for mysticism as you need eval for magery.
The template im running is :

magery 105
eval 115
mystic 120
focus 120
music 120
provo 120
necro 20
spirit 40

I run with 105 magery, because you cast flames without fizzle. The necro/spirit allows me to transform into wraith for infinite mana and i have a crystalline ring that give me +20 magery and +20 focus.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm sounds fun. I will have to try it. I got a toon with 75 myst and focus right now that I have been casually trainint. I will have to scroll him and level up

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i transform for fighting with a +15 x 2 jewelry, requip again my main jewels, and transform again to garg when i finish fighting. It isnt a big deal.....

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Whats the most lucrative thing Bards can do with Provocation? just curious :)
is it solo farm? tmaps? any high end mobs?
Depends, I like to farm DH keys with my bard then run my sampire to solo dh. You can Provo cushides on swoop there also. I lure reptalons and prove them onto Miasma. Add lockpick and carto and you can solo any level chests. Or all of the above

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Champ spawns, if done in certain locations can be very easy with a Bard. Such as Valor, you can Discord Meph (or whichever) and Provoke the nearby Greater Dragons (vaugely remember using Parragons) on it, along with left over level 4 spawn for a quick easy gank. Serrado is another good one.

Recently also used 8+ Diseased Blood Elementals to kill Discorded Unbound Energy Vortex's in Shame. Swoop & Miasma with Parragon Cu's and Rend respectively.

My favourite thing as a Bard is getting one big monster with tons of HP Discorded and Provoke ganked by 8 good meleer damagers, plus any additional casters around the outside, then add in my own pets/summons, Tribulation and Despair and watch the epic number scroll. Past invasions were great for this.