• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's the big announcement tonight?

W

Woodsman

Somebody told me that Zynga and Portalarium are making a big announcement tonight. Anybody have details?

W

Woodsman

Zynga? Oh my...
Zynga added Portalarium to their partner program back in June, but since it's involving Zynga and since Zynga is having stock/financial issues (along with finally being sued by a large enough company to get them on their cloning practices), I'm concerned that they threw a bunch of money out there and bought Portalarium in an effort to beef up their company.

Zynga just announced a bunch of stuff about Farmville 2, so following it up with an acquisition of Portalarium might give them a nice little bounce and diffuse the criticism that all they like to do is clone other companies' games.

I hope it's not that, I hope this is just them announcing some kind of major beta or something with Ultimate Collector.

If Zynga bought Portalarium outright, then I will not be playing any Portalarium games.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The announcement was that Zynga will publish Ultimate Collector.

W

Woodsman

That was the big announcement? When they became partners, I thought that was the whole point. Oh well, I'm glad they didn't buy Portalarium, I really want to try out Ultimate RPG.

W

Woodsman

They've got 3 with me - they ripped off a friend's game so blatantly that everybody, both gamers and developers, knew it the instant that they saw it. The fact that Zynga was brazen enough to then mess with EA's crown jewels speaks volumes about the arrogance and leadership. You can push around and rip off small studios who don't have the legal means to fight back, but you'd have to be really stupid and out of touch to think EA would let that one slide by.

I despise EA for destroying great studios and I despise Zynga for ripping off games from smaller studios.