• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats stats for a thief?

Antmf712

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i wanted to play a thief with a weappon or a pure thief, or a mage thief what should my stats be when I make him and what should the end stats be?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just had thieving as extra skills on a mage. Depends if your aiming to seal from players or stuff from dungeons?

Stat wise I had 100 STR then about 80 DEX and the rest in INT. Extra mana and some stamina on my suit along with 100 LRC.

I had a dungeon thief to start with so I just used to recall into the spot, hide, take item and then recall out or stealth to the next location.

I only had about 90 real stealing skill then just used items to get stealing and other skills up to 120 (shadow dancer leggings and burglars bandana are good). Didn't use 120 stealth though, only about 80 and found this was enough.

I tried to give stealing from players (champ spawns etc) a try by adding snooping but I never managed to get the hang of this!

Last edited:

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When creating a character, you will probably want to balance STR, DEX and INT evenly. Since you will be wearing primarily leather armor and using a dagger, your starting STR won't need to be too high to equip this gear. Be sure to have INT high enough so your starting mana will allow for a few spells, Mark, Recall, Heal etc.

Stats will raise very quickly if you see-saw the skills Focus and Meditation. One up while the other down.

Ending Stats, I agree with DJAd. 100 STR - 80 DEX - rest in INT.
Imbue some Mana and Stamina increase on your gear.

If you're going to make this char more of an offensive mage, then I would say take INT to 125 and put rest in STR-DEX at about a 70/30% split; more in STR.

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think on Henry I have somewhere around 90 str, 125 int, 25 dex (with +15 stat scroll). It's more int than I really need, but I always have mana for animal forms or whatever. At the end of the day, you're thief, stats aren't a huge deal.