• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats peoples positions on rare items?

Rare xmas items would you...

• Keep them for yourself.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Hand them over like a normal item.

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Hand them over as a normal item only if you get one in return

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last year when we got the Stuffies i gladly handed over all of them including the rare white ones but feel the possibly this was not done in return (did a lot of trades and didnt get one but gave out 3). What is peoples stance on this, Hand over the rare stuff or keep it for yourself?

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I always hand them over.

Sometimes, someone does likewise on my shard :)

L

Lord Drakelord

Last year when we got the Stuffies i gladly handed over all of them including the rare white ones but feel the possibly this was not done in return (did a lot of trades and didnt get one but gave out 3). What is peoples stance on this, Hand over the rare stuff or keep it for yourself?
I gladly hand them over to those there as they will do me little on another shard.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hand them over as long as im trading with people, but if the deadline for claiming the xmas ticket comes around and no one has traded with me on certain shards then ill pick the gifts there and trade any rare items on that shard for my shard

C

Connor_Graham

i hand them over as long as im trading with people, but if the deadline for claiming the xmas ticket comes around and no one has traded with me on certain shards then ill pick the gifts there and trade any rare items on that shard for my shard
This is my first year trading, but this is what I do, and what I plan on doing.

I have run into a few people that have already made the picks on the various shards, and will only trade like for like. I can understand where they're coming from, but I'm more of the opinion that you make your picks at the time of the trade, and what you get is what you give to the other person. If that person gets lucky, then that's wonderful for them, and I feel happy that I was the one that was able to get that rare item for them.

Karma has a way of repaying you for things like that.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I accept a gift-for-gift trade.. doesn't matter what I have, I committed to an x-shard trade of <insert number of character trades here>, I hand over whatever I happen to get. I expect my traders to do the same, although I am well aware that there are some who have already looked at their gifts and have held back the rare items.
This year, due to some rl time restrictions, I've done very little character-for-character trading. On some shards, I have checked what I have, and if there's a rare one, I've posted it for trade.

M

MYUO

I have seen my list of x shard trade partners cut in half every year. When I don't have much time for char-char trade, like this year, I will pick the gifts on the shards that I don't have someone whom I traded with before. But I will keep the tickets for my trade partners who are still active. So I am the one who voted "other" for the poll.

K

kristypl

I always hand mine over, just like the others said. Ive pre-arranged the swap. so what i get - i give!!

L

Lord Drakelord

you know what is getting my goat today is people go to the other shards open all the tickets then post all the rare items to trade and then refuse to do a NORMAL swap of gifts since they now all have those RARE items, I still have tickets on several shards and I refuse to open them till I go to a trade.

But after the first of the year I will most likely claim the gifts and toss items away and bank items that can be sold on those shards to help pay insurance needs.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been shard trading since 1999, I always hand over the item I get to whoever I am trading with.Its almost as much fun for me to give something really neat to my "trader" as to get the item itself. IT IS the Christmas season after all. :love:

THATS the purpose of shard trading isn't it? To try and increase your chances of getting whatever it is you wanted?

If I have left over tickets, that are not shard traded I open them right beforeI do a shard xfer ( now, since we can do that, before they just sat there in my chars packs.

Sometimes, some chars don't get a ticket, this maybe because I've not logged a character in within the specified amount of time, in order to get tickets. hehe

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to everyone I've traded with. May you all have a wonderful New Year

Graine from Catskills

T

Teeshy

I've been shard trading since 1999, I always hand over the item I get to whoever I am trading with.Its almost as much fun for me to give something really neat to my "trader" as to get the item itself.
Oh! For me too! =D I love that I've been able to give a few people the glittery boxes =D I only really discovered this whole idea at Valentine's so haven't been at it long, but I love being able to meet new people this way, and when I click the ticket for whatever they want and see a glittery box, I'm just as excited as if it were for me! =D

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I have pre-arranged a trade I will just hand over whatever I get, also including whatever that character might have from previous years. It just is. However, I don`t trade every year - it all depends on the gifts. This year I am only trading the one rare box for another rare box. That also just is :)

M

majorjc

I don't even look in the boxes, I claim what the person I'm trading with asks for and hand them the box. I expect the same from all people that I trade with.

Damia told me that I gave her a rare icy patch.

Demon Slayer gave me a rare icy patch.

What goes around comes around.

Thanks to everybody that has traded with me thus far.

Happy Holidays,

Arizona/Alexander

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. I have been trading since about 1999. If it is a 7 character trade or whatever, when I open that character, my trader gets whatever is there. and I agree; it makes me feel really good giving that person a nice gift. I thank all that has traded with mith this year and in the past. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Spanky

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did all the trades I could find and handed over what I got no matter what for those set up swaps. I handed out some rare boxes that made me cry. The three worst were... a solid colored glacial blue, a solid colored glacial paragon, and one that was multiple neons with black coloring oozing off the top onto the side (not a circle box).

After I stopped getting people messaging me to trade, I claimed the rest of the gifts and posted my rares to try to trade them to Atlantic (I am also trading some for guildies who don't use stratics) since I am very short on play time right now.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

B

BardMal

I trade across without prejudice. after my trades are completed I may look across the shards for some things like the white stuffy bear my wife wanted. we never got one.

Sometimes I look, sometimes I don't before I hand something over.

Most of my trades are with long time partners, and I want /' hope they get the best of the best that they desire.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm always happy when I get something good for someone else.

How pathetic is robbing someone of something in a video game anyway?

It's like when 10 people attack 1 person and kill them. Then, spend 2 weeks telling each other how well they play.

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everybody for voting and replying. It's good to see that most people are honest and hand things over no matter what. This year i have given away 3 ice patches (and several neon boxes) and recieved 4 in return along with 16 of the neon boxes so everybody i have traded with has done the decent thing.

Elf.

T

Tinkk

I definitely hand over whatever i get rare or not and wish that the people i trade with do the same.
What good could a rare on a shard that I dont even play on possibly do me ?

L

Lord Drakelord

I definitely hand over whatever i get rare or not and wish that the people i trade with do the same.
What good could a rare on a shard that I dont even play on possibly do me ?
Did a trade this morning with birdofforest on Oceania she got two round icy patches from me and a luna white box, and a multi color box as well, all I got were normal icy in the trade and no colorful boxes, am I mad, no I am happy that I was able to cheer a person up on another shard and maybe a new friend to tell me all about the land down under.

Oh, for the record that at least 6 round icy I have traded and I lost count of the multi colored boxes.