• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what's in a name?

U

Ursa Fidelis

Recently I added a horse to one of my accounts and the name Bucephalus was not approved. This is not, as many of you know, not a copyrighted (or inappropriate) name, as Alexander the Great could not apply for a copyright. He probably didn't work for Disney, either.
However, just today I made a toon and the name Soylent Green was approved immediately.:confused:
I just find it humorous that the one name was denied and the other approved, when everyone knows that soylent green is crackers made of people.:lol:
Anyone else have amusing approved/ disapproved names?
Or just plain creative? I have a friend with toons named Omar Gawrsh and Otto Erratic.
I chose Latin names for several of my toons, and Soylent Green was a whim, I wont work on him for some time.

S

soupandquackers

Well if you keep trying the name it may get approved. It has happened before where people just keep putting the name in until it works. It may depend on who is working at the time.

G

Granjell

Omar Cod was approved first time around, but I had a heck of a time trying to get Bearbo Baggins approved. I finally settled for just plain Baggins and it worked.

R

rainwatercat

toontown gets odd about name approvals. best idea is just to try, try, and try again. :) it took them 3 days to decide to reject my idea of Ro Linda Hay (then it was only hours between rejections till i gave up lol)

at the same time, i was able to get the name Threnody in about 30 minutes.... :confused:

i still can't believe they let me have Uwanna Cheese Witdat Whyn :lol:

U

Ursa Fidelis

Hey Uwanna Cheese :)
I gave up on Bucephalus and went with Sir Belgian Waffle because Belgians are my favorite horses I think. I wont be playing him for some time either.
I'm working my black cat Veni Vidi Vici a little more regularly and her compadre Lunch (sienna mouse) a bit less regularly.
Ursa Mater, my first toon, is actually a dog with a bear's name, because I started her as a guest.

L

Little Sadie

It took me days to get a horse named Buck Nekkid approved.

R

rainwatercat

It took me days to get a horse named Buck Nekkid approved.
:lol: i love it lol :thumbup1:

i love seeing the unusual names in tt. there was a horse named after a character in young frankenstein, but i haven't seen it for a while. she rocked lol

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried and tried to get "Skankee McBoo" approved, with no luck. I tried flat out Skanky, Skankey, Scanykee, no beans! Nothing wrong with a little skank..:sad2:

R

rainwatercat

Frau Blucher? That's me!
OMG!! :lol: i spotted you with my uber once (anita bean unite) and if it had been any other of my toons, i would have friended you on the spot. lol :thumbup1: (i don't play my uber toons much except for newbie tasks lol)

where have you been hiding her? lol i haven't seen her since! :sad3:

and elga...omg rofl lol... i totally agree... i totally agree LOL

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I don't have a paid TT account anymore. I started playing FFXI with my husband about 2 1/2 years ago, and as the time went on I logged into TT less and less. So right now, Frau's on a 'pay to play this toon' block in my game. I miss being a toon but I like playing the same game as my hubby, for once.

R

rainwatercat

i completely understand that. with us, it's the reverse, i love final fantasy (just put 13 on order a few days ago), but hubby would rather play tt. lol

if you ever come back to tt, shoot me a code for her :)

T

Tiff McWolf

Me and my friends tried for weeks to get triplets named

MacBeth's Paraducks
Fowl Iz Fair
Fair Iz Fowl.

We tried for 5 weeks. Never once was accepted. I loved the names too ):

O

OmarGawrsh

Well I don't have a paid TT account anymore. I started playing FFXI with my husband about 2 1/2 years ago, and as the time went on I logged into TT less and less. So right now, Frau's on a 'pay to play this toon' block in my game. I miss being a toon but I like playing the same game as my hubby, for once.
Interesting....I saw a Frau Blucher about two weeks ago. Musta been a different one.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not only is my doodle named Victor, but I used to static with "my boyfriend" Victor, a twin blue horse, as well :) We were both 40 laff sellbot ubers, but he ended up quitting the game long before me.

O

OmarGawrsh

:thumbup1:
yay Omar :) nice to see you
Funny what you find when you google your toons name. :D

I had an account here, under another name, a couple years ago when I first started on TT, but I've forgotten the ID and what email addy it was connected to.

S

Sarcatstic

I made friends with Al Kikuraz couple of months ago just to see how long that name would last. He still logs on some?

C

CaptRex

Recently I added a horse to one of my accounts and the name Bucephalus was not approved. This is not, as many of you know, not a copyrighted (or inappropriate) name, as Alexander the Great could not apply for a copyright. He probably didn't work for Disney, either.
However, just today I made a toon and the name Soylent Green was approved immediately.:confused:
I just find it humorous that the one name was denied and the other approved, when everyone knows that soylent green is crackers made of people.:lol:
Anyone else have amusing approved/ disapproved names?
Or just plain creative? I have a friend with toons named Omar Gawrsh and Otto Erratic.
I chose Latin names for several of my toons, and Soylent Green was a whim, I wont work on him for some time.
maybe because your pet name is already taken..

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe because your pet name is already taken..
Toontown doesn't reserve names, so multiple people can have the same toon name. I suspect it's the 'phalus' part of the name. Close enough to 'phallus' that it's probably filtering it out. Many a name I've tried, while innocent as a whole, contained words within that in other contexts aren't as innocent and are likely the reason the name was rejected. I doubt it's even getting to a person to look at, it's probably being auto-rejected.

U

Ursa Fidelis

makes sense to me.
Otto, I googled my toon's name and was disappointed. I guess you have cooler toon names :p

Q

Qwerty_Two

Took me quite a few tries to get the Caerbannog Bunny names allowed.