• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's a 'motto' with you? - Contest re-play!

G

<center><font color="red">PLEASE NOTE:</font> This poll is no long valid. Read the rest of the thread for details as to why. Further updates and more information will be posted here or in a new thread as protocol dictates! Our apologies! There is no way to "refund" votes.

It was asked to re-do the Polling and add a couple more options, choices 20 &amp; 21.

The top 5 Motto's will then be cast in one last polling to
select the final winning Motto!

If option 20 is among those top 5, we will reopen a new
thread for additional submissions!

If you want to keep the current Motto, then choose option 20.
If option 20 is among the top 5 and we re-open for submissions,
be sure to express your opinion on that matter then!

This polling will last for 2 weeks starting now!
So what are you waiting for?
Vote!
</center>

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Looks at Poll*

*Looks at Name*

*Looks at Poll*

MAgwart.
Now, let me win! :p

G

Atlantic???? THIS!!! IS!!! BARTOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!
*kicks you into death-hole*

G

Hmm. I did not realize as I was copy/pasting for the reposting that #15 was a guild. This is inappropriate for a forum to be labeled with any guild's name. I am discussing what should be done.

If I would have caught it before the posting of the poll, I would have omitted it.

My apologies.

Comments?

T

Tazar

Personally, I think that we need something that represents the shard as a whole.

N

NYCPolarBear

Ya know I sat here watching this thread, minding my own buisness... until now. So yeah I have comments... People like you are why I along with so many people have either Left, or are Leaving UO.

You sit here and make up rules as you go along to suit your needs. Yup this is a New account to post here because I have my own guild, and YOU have put me in fear of Retrebution.

I've been here since pretty much damn near the begining. My accounts are well over 120mths.

I find it funny how you make up a Poll, then when it doesn't suit your liking you change the rules in mid play.

"Hmm. I did not realize as I was copy/pasting for the reposting that #15 was a guild"

What did you think it was? A party gift? "Home of The Syndicate"
Everyone on the boards KNOWS you know who The Syndicate is!! You bash them everytime you get a chance.

Jealious? I'm not. If I didn't have so much time and effort already invested in my Guild, I'd Join them.

Let me ask you this... Have you read their book? The Legand of The Syndicate? Can you honestly say that as a gamer esp of UO, that it wasn't an amazing read?

The Syndicates been around UO alot longer then most of you have. They've symbolized what MMORPG is about. You mock them, yet they Beta test over and over all the new material since it started. Lets not forget about a gazillion other MMORPG's. Yet your condesending... I don't get it?

2 weeks this thread/ Poll ran. Then the day before it ends because it turned out to be a landslide, you change the rules? Where does it say that it is "Innapropriate for a forum to be labeled with a guild name" ??

You should be Ashamed of yourselves. If you took the time to learn about thier Guild, and learned what they stand for. You'd say it would be an honor.

I've read you posts about thier Recruiting methods. Maybe if you inquired about it, like I did.. You'd know that they DO NOT guild everyone. Their Recruiting Process is extensive, and ALOT goes into who they allow in. Yet you bash them for promoting themselves.

What ever happened to those books that promoted illegal activity via the game?? *oh pick me pick me.. I know!!**
Nothing!

It seems the only people that have complained here are the Moderators and a shard reporter. LOL

What's even funnier... Wasn't ISHTAR searching feavorishly on Arx Draconis for a house? Is this her revenge because no one would sell thier home to her??

.. and I'm almost POSITIVE that I seen reporters an others the like, at Syndicate events, such as thier Crafter's Day, and Lotteries?

I guess what's good for the goose, ISN'T good for the gander.

Double Edge Sword.. gawd.. send me BACK to IRAQ or at least to WOW.

Good Luck to You Syndicate People!!! If you get screwed.. Go to THIER bosses!!!

imported_EricksonYates

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't complain. I used sarcasm to express my finding the whole thing to be a silly joke. I don't even think the damn thing should be changed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ya know I sat here watching this thread, minding my own buisness... until now. So yeah I have comments... People like you are why I along with so many people have either Left, or are Leaving UO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry you feel that way. However, since I do not play UO anymore, I doubt your assumption is correct, unless they are leaving or left because I left. In that case, then I'll take that as a compliment.

<blockquote><hr>

You sit here and make up rules as you go along to suit your needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know this how? Hrm, fetching for accusations I fear, you are.

<blockquote><hr>

Yup this is a New account to post here because I have my own guild, and YOU have put me in fear of Retrebution.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd only have to fear if you broke our rules and got banned. In that case, you'd now be ban evading.

<blockquote><hr>

I've been here since pretty much damn near the begining. My accounts are well over 120mths.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice. I started on Baja when it was brand spanking new and played up until about a month ago.

<blockquote><hr>

I find it funny how you make up a Poll, then when it doesn't suit your liking you change the rules in mid play.

[/ QUOTE ]

No rules were changed. An oversight was spotted. You are confused as to the meaning of the two.

<blockquote><hr>

"Hmm. I did not realize as I was copy/pasting for the reposting that #15 was a guild"

What did you think it was? A party gift? "Home of The Syndicate"
Everyone on the boards KNOWS you know who The Syndicate is!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me for NOT playing Atlantic. Forgive me for not being able to remember thousands of guild names, especially ones that I do not even know.

<blockquote><hr>

You bash them everytime you get a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a bold faced lie. I have never bashed another guild on Stratics. If I had, I would not be in the position I am in now.

<blockquote><hr>

Jealious? I'm not. If I didn't have so much time and effort already invested in my Guild, I'd Join them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I am not jealous of anyone. Hmm.. well, now that I think about it, mayhap just a bit jealous of Bill Gates and other billionaires...

<blockquote><hr>

Let me ask you this... Have you read their book? The Legand of The Syndicate? Can you honestly say that as a gamer esp of UO, that it wasn't an amazing read?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, I do not play Atlantic. So I would guess that I have not. If somehow I have, I do not remember.

<blockquote><hr>

2 weeks this thread/ Poll ran. Then the day before it ends because it turned out to be a landslide, you change the rules? Where does it say that it is "Innapropriate for a forum to be labeled with a guild name" ??

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be Rule A. Showing respect at all times. If I were to allow any one forum to bear the name of an individual guild, I would be showing favor to that guild, giving that guild extra advertisement, which is highly disrespectful to other guilds out there, not to mention very unfair.

<blockquote><hr>

I've read you posts about thier Recruiting methods. Maybe if you inquired about it, like I did.. You'd know that they DO NOT guild everyone. Their Recruiting Process is extensive, and ALOT goes into who they allow in. Yet you bash them for promoting themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me where I posted about their recruiting methods. Show me where I have bashed them, let alone ANY guild. Please, I am waiting.

<blockquote><hr>

What ever happened to those books that promoted illegal activity via the game?? *oh pick me pick me.. I know!!**
Nothing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Stratics cannot control what happens in any Virtual World, for we are a Gaming Forum. We are not the Game Company themselves. You are laying blame where blame does not belong.

<blockquote><hr>

It seems the only people that have complained here are the Moderators and a shard reporter. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

More assumptions, yet a close assumption.

<blockquote><hr>

What's even funnier... Wasn't ISHTAR searching feavorishly on Arx Draconis for a house? Is this her revenge because no one would sell thier home to her??

[/ QUOTE ]

More assumtions and implications? Geesh, come on man. If you must know, it was I who took the initiative to address this issue. Ishtar had nothing to do with me realizing this oversight of mine.

<blockquote><hr>

.. and I'm almost POSITIVE that I seen reporters an others the like, at Syndicate events, such as thier Crafter's Day, and Lotteries?

I guess what's good for the goose, ISN'T good for the gander.

[/ QUOTE ]

*shakes head*

They are Reporters you know. That is what they do, attend events to uhm.. report?

<blockquote><hr>

Double Edge Sword.. gawd.. send me BACK to IRAQ or at least to WOW.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sighs* I won't even begin to address what is wrong with that statement. Although I do find it offensive to our friends and family over there fighting, dieing, and being injured for our very rights and security. Yet you mock them. Very nice.

I guess we could just continue on with the poll then and allow the #15 to be denied when the Motto has to go through approval by my fellow Administrators, Myself, and my Superiors instead of giving everyone a fair chance to vote on fair and unbiased motto's.

*shakes head again*

G

I don't think a shard motto is anything to get hateful and insulting over. Honestly. He made an oversight. You know what? He's human. It happens. Now we can cry about it like children, or we can accept it and move on. Simple.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy christ.

I just voted and saw the current results. 69 votes for the Syndicate option? Can you say "creating tons of fake accounts to cheat on a useless poll on the Internet and expose how ridiculous and childish you are"?

I mean, honestly.

K

Kegraf_Jemane

http://town.uo.com/guilds/

Tell me, with 376 veteran members and 579 total members IN THIS GAME AND THIS SHARD ALONE , does it honestly look like they need to create <blockquote><hr>

tons of fake accounts to cheat on a useless poll on the Internet and expose how ridiculous and childish you are

[/ QUOTE ] just to get <blockquote><hr>

69 votes for the Syndicate option?

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. Whether it stands as the forum motto or not, at least know what you are talking about before you open your mouth.

<blockquote><hr>

I mean, honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Cat Crimson

Not all of those many members have Stratics accounts. Or at least they may not have done before this poll business.

I am a little surprised at the least that Orvago didn't clock that number 15 was guild related but I understand it was an oversight. I do agree that it should be taken out.

I do agree this has been conducted badly, the goalposts have been changed along the way with great inconsistency and some people have been listened to and others haven't no matter how reasonable the voice. I have queried before why my spurious suggestion was put in and am not happy that it has been so against my wishes.

I am past caring now what the shard motto is. Because if all this reflects the shard as represented on Stratics then I don't want to know, frankly.

G

Orvago, NYCPolarBear was referring to the entire UO Atlantic Stratics Staff team as a whole, not just you personally. Some are worse than others and a lot of stratics members are a bit sick and tired of hearing the whining and the unknowledgable claims they tend to post here. It's not only with this guild but with almost everything anymore.

It started getting bad a few yrs ago so I stopped coming here. It was so long that I don't even remember my original name and password. I figured I'd make another acct and see what was happening... hrmmm.

It's old, childish, infintile, and plain silly anymore.

I'm with NYCPolarBear on this one. It seems it's not even worth coming here to read anymore because it's so negative against a group of people who do nothing but help people, in my eyes.

Time to grow up. Ignorance and jealousy will get you nothing but laughed at.

Cat... know your facts before you post cuz you are dead wrong on the number of Syndicate members with Stratics accounts. You are just a baby compared to most.

I

imported_Suzzy

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm. I did not realize as I was copy/pasting for the reposting that #15 was a guild. This is inappropriate for a forum to be labeled with any guild's name. I am discussing what should be done.

If I would have caught it before the posting of the poll, I would have omitted it.

My apologies.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it rather amusing that until this vote option became the most popular you did not do anything about it. Until you realized that it was going to win by a landslide did you decide that maybe it shouldn't be allowed in. This poll was up for well over a week and a half before you decided to change the rules to omit the clear front runner.

Riddle me this. If option #15 wasn't winning by a TON, let alone at all, would you have bothered to try to omit it?

edit: btw, this is for all the mods of this forum as any one of them could have seen this and pointed it out well before it became popular, and no one did till it became clear that it was going to win.

G

That is HOW I noticed it. I was like "wow, a lot of people like this option!" Then I reread the option and seen just what was happening and asked another Staffer if that was indeed a guild name in the motto.

<blockquote><hr>

me this. If option #15 wasn't winning by a TON, let alone at all, would you have bothered to try to omit it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not, for I probably wouldn't have noticed it until it was presented to my fellow Administrators, Joshua, and Myself for final approval.

I can guarantee you this, if it would have went unnoticed and then made it to our desks for approval, it would get a unanimous disapproval by all of the Administration here because of the very reasons I stated earlier.

I guess the only real crime is the waste of all those lovely newly registered accounts used to vote here.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not only do we all have to see those dang books all over the place, now they are trying to hijack the motto?

Needless to say I vote to have it pulled from the list of possibles.

I

imported_Suzzy

I totally understand what you are saying and I agree that what you are doing is correct, and I also appreciate the fact that you are admitting the mistake without trying to cover it up by deleting/moving posts like other mods might do or have done in the past.

Perhaps it is time to re-evaluate some positions amongst your staff as it definitely is starting to appear that there are clear biases that should not be so... clear. When a mod needs to quote the ROC to justify a post they just made, perhaps they should not be making that post to begin with. You guys are held to a higher standard than everyone else, with good reason, and if that standard is not met, perhaps some people should be replaced.

edit: The second paragraph has nothing to do with the actual topic on hand(my apologies), it is just an observation of the past few months of reading these boards.

G

<blockquote><hr>

... and you're a MOD for the Atlantic forum?? You don't know who The Syndicate is?? Sounds a bit fishy but OK. You asked for comments. Thanks for the permission

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He's a UO FORUM ADMINISTRATOR. Which is -ALL- UO forums.

G

Which also means I can see many more details than Moderators..

I only *act as* Moderator for the forums when it is needed (low/vacationing staff) or I am called in help resolve an issue.

I do not know why people keep voting for #15. It has been disapproved. *shrugs*

G

Ahh, good point. I admit when I am wrong.

This guild, as far as I have seen and known for quite a few years now, has done nothing but helped the community. They do not cheat... anyone who accuses them of doing so is a liar. They do not scam.. they turn-in scammers and cheaters. Only thing I can think of that makes people not like this guild is because they are very successful and extremely close-knit. The books get annoying to some but I personally don't see them anymore annoying than all the other books on the ground, runes laid at every moongate and every city, junk armor/equipment all over the ground, etc.

This guild gets more negative people talking about it than any other guild. Seems ALL MODs would know who they are. Most of the negativity this guild receives is a bunch of BS from people who do not know them or were nto mature enough to make it through their recruitment process, granted. I still do not think it should be allowed regardless if the actual name is in a thread/post or not.

This is walking a VERY fine line and I believe MODs need to be careful. I think ANY negative talk against ANY guild, regardless if they are named, should be removed promptly.... ESPECIALLY when the entire Forum knows exactly who the posts are implying.

This is one of the reasons people refer to Stratics as the online gaming world's Tabloid.

I

imported_Suzzy

I think you were misconstrued because the mods of this specific forum have made it very clear that they have issues with this particular guild which in my opinion is very unprofessional. That is why in my previous post I made light of the fact that they had to quote the ROC to defend that they technically did not break any rules because although they were bashing the guild in question, they were not using it's name specifically, just implying it... which is what I'm doing right now.

I read a post earlier in this thread where you said you do not bash guilds, which is very true. You are a good administrator from what I have seen, however other people have made you look bad by association. When a poster was saying that you bash this guild etc, I believe they meant that other people who are meant to control content of this particular forum have been seen posting about this guild negatively on numerous occasions. You were basically just thrown into that same group due to your position, which is wrong, but that is what happens by association.

G

Honestly guys, its not worth arguing over anymore. Nothing is going to change. And lashing out against the moderators and administrators of Stratics is going to get you...... banned, if nothing else.

If nothing else, agree to disagree, and move on.

I

imported_Suzzy

Your point is taken, and I'm not targetting/personally attacking anyone specifically nor am I being disrespectful about it. So the only rules out of the rules of conduct that I could be breaking are being followed.

In a way, I'm sort of being a hypocrite in that I'm skirting the rules of conduct about as much as you can to point out some things I've been wanting to point out for a while, but the difference is that I'm not in a position of power. My whole issue is that I'm hoping that after this thread is reviewed that someone who can do something evaluates certain positions so that we can have the best forum possible.

G

Then your point has been made. And if they chose to re-evaluate some positions, they will. I find that if you want something done, going directly to the source, rather than discussing it on X topic of Y board, works wonders.

G

Thank you for your understanding. Trust me (if you can lay trust in an admin), I am very highly unbiased. Almost to the point of being bias in the fact that I am bias towards being unbiased.

Please, anyone with comments or complaints on our Staff, send me your Private Messages or emails with as much detail and as civilly as possible. My PM Box is always open as is my email box.

I may not be able to reply to every comment or complaint sent in, as protocol dictates, however, I do read and review every complaint I receive as well document them for my fellow Admin Team to do their individual reviews.

I am leaving this open for as long as possible, however, soon it will have to be locked for there is a tipping point when we have to adhere to protocol and cease from discussing Staffing Issues on the public forums. This is why it is best to contact us directly.

[email protected] - [email protected] (the latter email gets sent to All UO Forum Moderators and Managing/Assistant Editors)

G

[19:47] Orvago: hmm, mcfeely, look at the motto poll..
[19:50] McFeely: its a big guild
[19:50] Orvago: hmm, okies

You can send the hate this way if you would like. I told him it was a guild, but i think they are doing the right thing by disallowing it

It's really not fair, people wouldn't like it if it was; "Home of RBG" or "Home of HoT" or "Home of DEI"

The motto is supposed to represent Atlantic as a whole server not just one guild that has enough people to outvote everyone on a motto with their name in it.

T

Tazar

That is exactly why I requested that my own submission of "Atlantic - Home of them darn Drunken Elders" be removed. It was originally said in jest, but does not represent the shard as a whole.

C

Cat Crimson

<blockquote><hr>

Cat... know your facts before you post cuz you are dead wrong on the number of Syndicate members with Stratics accounts. You are just a baby compared to most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I said " Not all of those many members have Stratics accounts. Or at least they may not have done before this poll business. " Where did I quote numbers or " facts " ? If you honestly feel that you or the members of the guild you are supporting are superior because you feel the need to attack my account age on an online forum, then I feel sorry for you. At least I can rest assured I am not lacking in proper maturity.

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you want to remove #15 from the list, go ahead and remove #6 and #10....Barton is not something that represents the shard. Its just a catchprase for someone that doesn't even play the game anymore.

I

imported_Ishtar

Keep this civil guys, it was an oversight. In regards to the house I believe someoen else was looking to buy it not me.

G

See now, that confuses me. I may not be able to remember every guild i hear about. However, I do remember "Barton" for as long as I can remember. As well, "Barton" has even been spoken of, used as a Community 'Tool' and even paid homage to by the Ultima Online Staff themselves on your Shard.

I've always associated the funny and whimsical nature of the "Barton" Community Events and Lore to be something that identifies with Atlantic.

Any other opinions about this?

P.S. Please no guild/player bashing anyone. I want to keep some discussion going for a bit yet before we make any decision on what to do with the Motto Poll (#15 has already been disapproved, I'm talking about whether or not we make a new one or something else). So yes, I will be very strict to those that try and disrupt that.

I would like to state my official apology to All of Atlantic for my failure to provide an equal and unbiased poll. I will do everything in my power to earn your trust back on this and hopefully this will not discourage Anyone from voting in future polls.

G

Cat, don't be so offensive. It was a statement, not an attack lol. Go read your PM's.

I think we should just start over. Remove all guild/character references (Barton is a character so it would be just like having a guild).

Personally, I like #1.

That is my opinion.

G

I think any shard would be honored to be home to one of the longest, largest, and active guilds in existence - a guild that spans multiple games and is constantly striving to enhance the experience of gamers through extensive research, beta testing, and participation in those games. Also impressive is the importance "this guild" places on creating friendships among guild members in the same game, across different games, and IRL.

If your shard is not honored as a whole to be home to such a large organization which strives to enhance and advance the online gaming experience while maintaining the importance of friendship among the RL people behind the toons - then that's okay - they are still honored to be there and working on your, and every other gamer's, behalf.

Regardless of the motto or these forums, the contributions of "this guild" are well known across the games it plays. LLTS!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's old, childish, infintile, and plain silly anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote for this as the shard motto.

I

imported_Suzzy

If you remove #15 as an option, this poll has only gotten 36 total votes out of the hundreds, if not thousands of people who play Atlantic. I do not believe the votes of 36 people should determine a shards motto on the "official" boards for UO. This whole concept(while it was a novel idea) is not even producing much interest aside from the scandal. If not for that, the winning motto would have 7 votes?

7 votes should not determine the motto of a shard of thousands. Who knows though, maybe the 115 and counting people who voted for #15 will vote again, but my guess is no, since it would appear that option 15 was voted for to an extreme for a reason.

G

I think thats what may actually happen, although I can't speak for the Admins I know it was brought up by another staffer and has been leaning that way.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
<blockquote><hr>

Since you want to remove #15 from the list, go ahead and remove #6 and #10....Barton is not something that represents the shard. Its just a catchprase for someone that doesn't even play the game anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will agree Barton did start off as a catch phrase from someone. However, Barton does represent Atlantic as a whole. During the Barton invasions you would see every guild tag imaginable rallying at the castle. EVERYONE rallied around the Barton invasions.

I think Lady Rachel summed Barton up best, In this thread

G

And I would disagree. While I don't begrudge Stuffa from his Barton antics, I have always despised the Barton movement. Barton does not represent my involvement with UO.

If we were going to pick a player to immortalize, why not pick Goodman?