• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would you like in a Taming Information Utility

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm working on a New Project, simply for me to experiment with VB.NET (ie. This is my first from scratch Application Since I started looking seriously at VB.Net like 2 days ago) and I'm planning on releasing it to the Community here when I'm finished but I wanted to give a few in Development Screen Shots to you guys so you can give me some Feedback on what you like, Don't Like and would want to see added to it.

Basically I'm making a Desktop Application that combines the Features of the most popular Taming Tools into 1. So Far I've settled on the Following:

Pet Control Calculator
Pet Power Calculator (This won't be as fleshed out as the one on UOCraft it won't take Skills into account but should be useful in the field as a Guideline will give a % of max)
Taming requirement Listing for Initial 2nd Tame and 3rd Tame of Creatures.

I'm Also considering a Skill Guide built in that will give a list of Target Creatures based on your Skill Level for Best Gains.

One of the Best Features I'm Putting in is you only have to select a Creature 1 Time to run it through both Calculators though for the Power you'll have to Submit the information on it's Stats and Resists separate and it will bring up there information in the Taming Requirements Tab.

The Reason I'm Doing this is because I hate going through various websites while looking at creatures I might want to Tame to see how good they are and I figured adding in the Other functions would be an Excellent Idea also.

This is the Splash Screen that Displays While the Application is Loading. That's in Debug mode Visual Basic 2008 Express' IDE is visable in the Background

This is currently the only working (Accurate yet Tamables Listing is incomplete) portion of the Utility so far.

This is the Overall Layout so Far though If I add a Tab for the Skill Guide that will Change. Selecting a Creature in the Drop Down Box will enter it's information into all 3 Tabs.

It still needs a Bit of Cleaning up and Alignment of the Text Boxes and Controls but it's coming along nicely since I started it Last Night.

Some Things to Consider though This will require the 3.5 .NET framework to install and Run Which Means Mono users and most likely WINE users won't have access to it.