• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would you do first if you owned UO?

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you suddenly became the owner of UO what change or changes would you make first?

I would instantly make two changes.

1. Have in-game GM/moderators. They would be the same as the shard forum mods and be located in and for each Town. I talked to a gm last week that told me he has actually only played UO approximately 3 hrs.

2. Remove all skill jewelry. period.

C

cheerful

Remove the electrified puzzle in Prisum (drives me nuts)

Give a special 'tedium award' to those that do Dawn's music gears and Heartwood quests (scriptors need not apply)

Hold monthly epic events on the 'void shadow' scale (that was great)

Do away with the 'three day ban' for game offenders and make them do community service in Haven with the new people instead (customer satisfaction report cards will be issued)

Ban anyone who wears a leather cap (it's for their own good)

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Do a free to play option but restricted to not owning houses, max skill 80 on everything, not being able to do champs etc, to get more into UO and hopefully more playing players too after time as they want more.

2. Put minning and lumberjack back to how they were.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. ) Have bugs addressed before expanding anymore.

2.) Do something about duping and cheating in general.

3.) Incorporate some of the features that other current add-ons have after addressing the bug issues.

Lord Kushmano

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would add new content to Fel as we have had none in so many years

and Increase the Rise = Reward in felluca also

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to match your ego? surely you would need something bigger
Nothing is that big, I was forced to compromise.

And for the record.....

I'm not, never have been and never will be ginger.

So fall over.

S

s20dan

I would remove a lot of restrictions that have been put in place over the years for carebears.
I.E No Private housing, all doors lockable and pickable, all items stealable, Combine tramel and felucca as much as is possible.

Introduce a REAL planting system,whereby plants can be planted in the ground instead of a magical pot.

Remove Insurance.

Basically I believe the main servers should be siege type servers, whereas the offshoot ones could be carebear servers, I think something was lost when the main servers altered the rulesets.

But failing all of that, at the very least I think it would be a good idea to combine some servers, to increase players in each server.

1. Have in-game GM/moderators.
I agree with this, but I wouldn't agree that they should be comprised of forum mods. I think account time and current activity should be the deciding factor.

1. Do a free to play option but restricted to not owning houses, max skill 80 on everything, not being able to do champs etc, to get more into UO and hopefully more playing players too after time as they want more.

2. Put mining and lumberjack back to how they were.
Both good ideas mate, I'll second those.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove all neon colours from the game.

Create a classic shard.

Introduce a 'unique names' policy.

Give more options for castles and keeps (ie several designs for each)

Give myself a bazillion gold. (just kidding)