• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would make this templete better for todays UO?

• Thread starter nine_finger_baru
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

nine_finger_baru

I am trying to get back adjusted to everything with the way UO is today compared to when I left 4 years ago.

My templete when I stopped playing was

102.9 Animal Lore (110 max)
105.0 Taming (110 max)
90 Vet
100 Eval Int
100 Magery
100 Med
86.2 Resist Spells

Should I continue working up Resist? Or drop it in favor of something else? The account age is 63 months and I don't recall what my total skill cap is off hand.

There is just so much new stuff that I am not sure what would make it more suitable for UO today. I am open to both pvp and pvm

Thanks in advance

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
depends on play style a lot! I went with music/disco instead of eval and resist spell
I have found for me that resist spells is rarly used for me

U

uoBuoY

depends on play style a lot! I went with music/disco instead of eval and resist spell
I have found for me that resist spells is rarly used for me
I totally agree. And Disco makes training pets a lot easier and faster.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For now, while you re-learn the rules and tricks, stick with the template and try to take those skills even higher while dropping resist. That's a very effective template you have there.

Eventually, you may want to think about going with spellweaving instead of evaluating intelligence... but that isn't a choice you have to make straight off.

P

Pazuzu

Eventually, you may want to think about going with spellweaving instead of evaluating intelligence...
Why Spellweaving? I guess I'm missing something big about it; I just don't see anything overly worthwhile in Spellweaving...

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gift of renewal is like casting a mini-heal every two seconds with no chance of interruption.

Gift of Life is great when you're hunting in out of the way places

Word of Death allows you to do 300 points of damage for the last 30% of a fight.
Word of Death + 60% SDI (highest I've had) does 480 damage per shot.
SDI from reaper form and arcane empowerment gives you much MUCH more potential from word of death (For me, up to 800 damage total).

Essence of wind tears through lower level spawns nearly as effectively as wither.

Ethereal Voyage allows you to get to hard-to-reach places without using up valuable points of honor such as when keying for Dread Horn or Travesty.

And if you decide to solo Peerless, it saves tens of minutes.