• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would cause this message?

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was in the Abyss fighting the Devourer of Souls and after I killed it, I got the message, “You can not loot this corpse”. I was the only person there and I did the spawn from start to finish. I kept trying to loot it until it decayed and disappeared, but always go the same message. The Daemons and Pit Fiends I killed while fighting the Devourer of Souls could be looted. I have done this over 50 times in the past week and never experienced this. I did the next spawn and had no problems looting the Devourer of Souls. Any ideas on what would have caused this?

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Usually it's another corpse laying on top of the one you are trying to loot. Can be solved by using a last object macro. It was probably a summoned undead monster corpse in the way that you can't loot.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was in the Abyss fighting the Devourer of Souls and after I killed it, I got the message, “You can not loot this corpse”. I was the only person there and I did the spawn from start to finish. I kept trying to loot it until it decayed and disappeared, but always go the same message. The Daemons and Pit Fiends I killed while fighting the Devourer of Souls could be looted. I have done this over 50 times in the past week and never experienced this. I did the next spawn and had no problems looting the Devourer of Souls. Any ideas on what would have caused this?
I've had this occur to me also on occassion. I usually run a screen or so away from the corpse and return and the corpse is usually lootable. I have no idea what causes this.