• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would be a worthy 20 year veteran reward?

Vet

Visitor
"I agree with those who don't think it's the best idea to have totally bitchin' rewards that only 20 year vets can use."
Doesnt that sorta just ignore the 20 year rewards then? I dont believe a "just" 20 year vet reward should be a game breaker or of "any" advantage over another in terms of killing anything or anyone, but if they gave us say a unique flag or wall deco or a helmet or sweet "looking" horse armor, hows that affect anything? Might incentive some newbs and those less than 20 to stay like we did. OR.......hey......since that good "looking" only armor cause my 20 years of pay/play......lets those who are less than 20 pay the equal amount difference so that they get the nod on their account(s) to have said armor? I think most of us just feel like whats the point of a 20 year "vet" reward when in fact its a 20 year uo reward instead? I mean if thats what BS wants it to be, then call it that and stop referring to them as "vet" rewards. They actually stopped being that a long time ago anyway, mostly.

Lily Grace

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear you Vet. I just don't entirely agree. I'm not saying there shouldn't be anything special offered to 20 vets who never took a break.

But there are items that I think should be made more easily available to players as a whole. I don't agree that someone should have to play and pay for UO for 14 years before they can enjoy the artwork on the shard transfer shields to decorate with. Or that it should take 14 years before you can take advantage of the tokens those shields produce. Why make it so hard for players to interact with one another on other shard unless they buy something outside the game or create fully built characters on other shards? Characters that can't have a house to store anything in anyway.

House Teleportation Tiles - Why you want to put a lid on how easy it is or isn't to get those? If someone is willing to fire up a second account and would like to link their houses with teleport tiles why discourage that by making them have to go to the UO Store? I'm sure there are other items that I could complain about LOL but I don't wanna.

I really just wanted to add other vet reward storage ideas (Davey Jones locker style) that would be a big help.

A weapons/armor locker. A bookshelf that stores all the various spellbooks, etc. A talisman cabinet. Recipes, making these items craftable...even better.

Thanks for listening,
Lil

Vet

Visitor
I hear you Vet. I just don't entirely agree. I'm not saying there shouldn't be anything special offered to 20 vets who never took a break.

But there are items that I think should be made more easily available to players as a whole. I don't agree that someone should have to play and pay for UO for 14 years before they can enjoy the artwork on the shard transfer shields to decorate with. Or that it should take 14 years before you can take advantage of the tokens those shields produce. Why <snip> ?
Lil
My opinionated answer, to me, seems obvious, however unpopular it may be. It's because those of us who have been here for 14, or 20, years "have" waited (and paid) for them.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why make it so hard for players to interact with one another on other shard unless they buy something outside the game or create fully built characters on other shards? Characters that can't have a house to store anything in anyway.

House Teleportation Tiles - Why you want to put a lid on how easy it is or isn't to get those? If someone is willing to fire up a second account and would like to link their houses with teleport tiles why discourage that by making them have to go to the UO Store? I'm sure there are other items that I could complain about LOL but I don't wanna.
Buying it from the store isn't hard.
It creates revenue, which helps keeping this game going. That shouldn't be hard to understand.

It's because those of us who have been here for 14, or 20, years "have" waited (and paid) for them.
Just paying to wait for vet rewards is actually quite sad.
Vet Rewards are meant to be gifts for players, who stayed and enjoyed the game.