• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What will be the use of the glass dagger?

• Thread starter Hunters Moon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

Hunters Moon

That item reminds me of a few old rpg's that had a "crystal sword" that had one attack swing and then it broke,but the "crystal sword" could one-hit kill anything in the game. Could this glass dagger have that type use coming up in the game in the future? What are your thoughts with this?

T

Trebr Drab

That item reminds me of a few old rpg's that had a "crystal sword" that had one attack swing and then it broke,but the "crystal sword" could one-hit kill anything in the game. Could this glass dagger have that type use coming up in the game in the future? What are your thoughts with this?
Yes, I think so. I don't know what they have in mind, it might be something like getting it poisoned with some special brew :stir: and one hit killing some NPC of importance to the good guys <-(that'd be me! :thumbup: ) Sort of a guard against assassination event, like in the old days when we guarded the caravan that was taking one of the FOA leaders from Trinsic jail to Yew prison.

But who knows. Maybe this one is just for collections and decor.

E

Emil IsTemp

From Jer's post:

Rewards:

Glass Dagger
Normal dagger stats, with glassy hue
Shatters after a single successful hit
Has a chance of doing 50 direct damage
Rolls between 1 and 100, if the number is greater than the target's physical resist, it hits for 50DD
If the number is less than or equal to the physical resist of the target, it shatters without special damage

Just throw it in the trash bin..

P

Prince Caspian

The Glass Sword was an Ultima weapon back in IV, V and VI I think. Same thing... it was only good for one hit, but did mundo damage.

Still seems like a ******** idea. Glass sword? Sure! Want a crepe paper breastplate or a pair of tinfoil heatproof boots?

P

prison bound

The Glass Sword was an Ultima weapon back in IV, V and VI I think. Same thing... it was only good for one hit, but did mundo damage.

Still seems like a ******** idea. Glass sword? Sure! Want a crepe paper breastplate or a pair of tinfoil heatproof boots?
also found in 'Ultima VII: The Black Gate' as well as 'Ultima VII - Part II: The Serpent Isle'. it definitely looked the best in 'Ultima VI: The False Prophet'; it could kill Lord British himself as long as he was asleep