• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What was the last update on Stygians Abyss?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What was the last bit of information on Stygians Abyss?
Is it on the Back Burner? Any rough hint of release?
Is it still KR only client?

Nothing really in the SA forum in the form of updates.

I

imported_spiderpig

Think they said in the spring...but im not sure what year

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Think it was 2010, might be 11 though...

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They realised someone without a grasp of Ultima and it's setting have been stuffing things up since Age of Shadows onwards and need to make a sequal that completely rewrited the mess we're left with?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I should consider it Vaporware till I see an ad for it then &gt;&lt; Back to CoH then.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
There was a mention of a plan for an epic event for spring (or springish), but there seems to have been careful avoidance of discussion of SA. The silence is a sort of inkblot into which everyone's imagination comes up with a different tale about what it means. Personally I wouldn't hold your breath. I wouldn't even think about holding your breath.

However, if anyone is in Jacksonville Florida USA this weekend, it might be harder for them to dodge direct questions in person at the townhall

B

Babble

That fits the description well enough.

Rumour has is we get things they developed for SA as ongoing content for now.

G

I think the last official word Posted by that Exec who has since left EA was that SA was on hold until the KR client was improved and more accepted (hahahahahaha).

F

Fayled Dhreams

Recent from Jeremy:
#4557472 - 10/24/07 09:30 AM
I don't have a timeframe right now - it's definitely still "delayed" :p

annnnnd earlier

EAWaltYarbrough
#4556792 - 07/05/07
Introduction:

Hi, I’m Walt Yarbrough, from EA Mythic.

In January of this year, I was offered the opportunity to join Ultima Online in an executive role. I’ve been a fan of the Ultima Series my whole life, going back to the ancient days of loading Ultima I and Ultima III on my Commodore 64 using a 1541 disk drive.
I was such a fan, I even found out where my unwrapped Christmas gifts were hidden in 1983. I ‘borrowed’ the copy of Ultima III and razored open the plastic wrap so that I could play in October and November – then I tried to act surprised on Christmas day. (Hi Mom! Sorry!)

I’d like to inform you that, due to our continuing commitment of resources towards Kingdom Reborn, we will be delaying the launch of Stygian Abyss.
We had previously announced a release date for Stygian Abyss of Summer 2007, and, even though we still have some time left in ‘Summer’ – we will not rush Stygian Abyss out the door.

As of today, we will remove all official references to Stygian Abyss’s launch date from our sites. We’ll announce a new launch date in the future.
For now, we will continue to focus on Kingdom Reborn, getting this expansion into the polished state that we all want.
------------------------------------------------------------

ONLY mention of spring/springish ... was about "Epic something" ... Here

There are three major story arcs in the works culminating in what I can only describe for legal and marketing reasons as an “Epic Event” coming this Spring … Applying my First Rule of Molyneux, make that late Spring.

The first of said events will literally incorporate showing a little love to the players. Well a lot of love to the players. Our lead designer spends way too much time studying chocolate. So if you have an endorphin deficit, the Valentine’s Day Event is for you. Next, the Mad Mage will finally make his way into Britannia. Look for the sightings of general mayhem and schizophrenia some time late March.

U

_Uriah Heep_

SA..kinda reminds ya of UX:O and UO2?

gone but not forgotten :p

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

SA..kinda reminds ya of UX:O and UO2?

gone but not forgotten :p

[/ QUOTE ]

At least with Ultima Online 2, a well earned and needed sequel got recycled into an expansion.

But what happens when they recycle an expansion?... I hope this delay is to make sure that for once in UO's history since just after Lord Blackthorn's Revenge, the new content and gameplay will actually remain consistent of what makes Ultima, Ultima.