• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What veteran reward would you pick?

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
client_ytzH3g5E6l.jpg

What reward should I choose? I have my preferences, of course, but in terms of monetary value/uniqueness, what would be your top picks and why?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are animated machines and flags. Commodity deed boxes, portals, etc. For your house.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
If it was me, I would get something that would go with your decor.
If you are building a village of small house deeds, then the Yew tree would look awesome around them.

if you have a crafter and do lot of bulk order deeds,
then get the crafting stations, because they hold 5000 charges.

------

if you have a treasure hunter or fisher
then I would get a davies locker
(holds 500 total of maps/sos)

maps & sos are a way to get the hats
(for the upcoming event)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pretty much what others have said. If you are picking to sell - let the buyer pick. Statues (the page you posted a pic of) don't really have as much value as usable picks.

Perfect example is that a llama statue might be 70m versus an ethy llama (statue) is 160-175m.

Items that will net high gold will vary but usually will be garden shed / crafting picks (smith press / sewing machine / etc) / ethys / auction safe.

If you are picking for yourself then it's completely up to you. My advice is to never pick a statue or vet clothing; you can buy those for cheap-ish down the road. IMO people should use vet rewards for QoL improvements first then do deco. IDK how old your account is but if it's 14+ years old I'd recommend getting some shard shields so you can hit different shards. If you are a T-hunter / Fisher then a Davies is a must. After that, ethys are very nice to have. After that, house add ons like the rugs are nice to give you things.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
Pretty much what others have said. If you are picking to sell - let the buyer pick. Statues (the page you posted a pic of) don't really have as much value as usable picks.

Perfect example is that a llama statue might be 70m versus an ethy llama (statue) is 160-175m.

Items that will net high gold will vary but usually will be garden shed / crafting picks (smith press / sewing machine / etc) / ethys / auction safe.

If you are picking for yourself then it's completely up to you. My advice is to never pick a statue or vet clothing; you can buy those for cheap-ish down the road. IMO people should use vet rewards for QoL improvements first then do deco. IDK how old your account is but if it's 14+ years old I'd recommend getting some shard shields so you can hit different shards. If you are a T-hunter / Fisher then a Davies is a must. After that, ethys are very nice to have. After that, house add ons like the rugs are nice to give you things.
I only have 7 years on this account, due to breaks. Thanks for the elaborate answer, that's exactly the sort of information I was hoping to get. I haven't even heard of a shard shield...

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
save them forwhen you can get Shard Shields
I doubt this game will survive another 7 years that it will take to be able to get those.

if you don’t sell them, and don’t need the Ethys or House stuff, just find the ones you like best and pick it :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I doubt this game will survive another 7 years that it will take to be able to get those.

if you don’t sell them, and don’t need the Ethys or House stuff, just find the ones you like best and pick it :)
thats what they said back in 2000.
and 2002.
come to think of it back in 2003.... 5..... 12 and 13 as well.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
What's their use? You bundle a whole bunch of spellbooks or runebooks, so what? I don't get it?
you can put 25 runebooks or Runic Atlas inside it and they don't spill out into your backpack if you die (the spellbook strap... sometimes some of them don't go back into it, when you switch books)

mainly people in CC use them but i use mine for Runic Atlas for different Facets on my treasure hunter.

one thing i don't like, is that if it is full, then you have to take a book out, in order to add a rune to them. if you have 24 in them, then you can just add a rune

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
you can put 25 runebooks or Runic Atlas inside it and they don't spill out into your backpack if you die (the spellbook strap... sometimes some of them don't go back into it, when you switch books)

mainly people in CC use them but i use mine for Runic Atlas for different Facets on my treasure hunter.

one thing i don't like, is that if it is full, then you have to take a book out, in order to add a rune to them. if you have 24 in them, then you can just add a rune
Good info, thanks!