• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What types of characters do you play?

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I’m always curious what types of characters people play mostly whether it’s PvP or PvM. Not necessarily all of your characters but who you enjoy playing and are on more frequently. Might also give some ideas on new characters to build for those who enjoy trying new playstyles.

Here’s mine:
-Tamer with SW that I swap either disco or eval
-Chiv Archer with Swords
-Sampire
-Pure crafter
-treasure hunter with SW and Myst to solo all chests

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wimpiest sampire ever

tamer with dragon that has high HP but sucks in every other way

tailor who can't make a chef's toque

ABC archer without enough dexterity or swing speed to pull it off

==
The one thing I used to be able to do I can't do any more because the game changed specifically to prevent ME from doing it. I must be famous.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
my Tamer Weaver Disco Mage has been fun lately. Alot of fun actually. And my necromage of course is always a blast. I also just finished a necrotamer so thats going to be interesting as well :p

Mayhem_wushu

Adventurer
I most enjoy my sampires... I have a ton of them. A few variations but typically
120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 resist
100 necro
70 to 80 chiv
60 to 70 parry

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I adore treasure hunting, so my TH/tamer and cu sidhe are usually "at work" on level 1 to 5 maps. Level 6 maps, I do with friends, so they can tame the cold drakes. Level 7 maps are with friends too, just for the fun of it. When I'm out of maps, and can't find any for a fair price at vendors, my TH retrieves new ones from Miasma.
I'm a crafter through and through, have all crafting skills divided multiple times over several characters so that I can collect a good amount of BoD's to earn a bit of money. The only thing keeping me from still expanding, is the problem of getting the resources at a decent price.
I love fishing too, and hunting pirates (or merchant ships *blush*).
My provo mage is next on the list, and finally come my archer and fencer.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tamer by choice mostly my Tamer/Weaver though I do like my Tamer/Mystic... and other Tamer combo's as well

and more often than not my ABC Archer...

Other than that I play my Fisher, THunter or if I'm forced to I play a Sampire... Macing... though I hate it with a passion.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mainly a stealther/mage,, fast punching and escaping.

When it comes to fighting... tamer/discord/mage. Cam rez people.

Otherwise many of the other staff are scouts, crafters, fisher... and specialized in any possible way.

I have an old classic fighter, but he's almost worthless to the new skills... BUT he has his jobs.

I also have another tamer that is skilled with a bow for a double attack.

So, fact… I'm not a big game hunter. My main job is vendorizing. :)

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my Tamer Weaver Disco Mage has been fun lately. Alot of fun actually. And my necromage of course is always a blast. I also just finished a necrotamer so thats going to be interesting as well :p
Disco tamer is my most played temp.

I have a necrotamer with magery too. Casting wither alongside a pet with bushido swinging whirlwind and a sc -mage wep bow with hit area will clean some spawn efficiently. The -mage bows add a little damage on bosses too as you sit back in comfort and let the pet earn their keep.

Things to remember is corpse skin increases phy while lowering fire and poison so don't use a phy damage pet. Omen is amazing with something like a dreadmare that casts firebreath.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I play the type with access to 70 soulstones , makes for a much more enjoyable experience. :)

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I play the type with access to 70 soulstones , makes for a much more enjoyable experience. :)
Wow! That’s a ton of stones.

Maybe I’m unique, but I like the idea of having characters with designated roles and play styles and not swapping a ton of skills. Makes it more exciting for me to build a character, put together a suit and learn to play it.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I"m limited to one character per account....yes it was my choice...and so was acquiring the SSs.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A bunch, and usually in streaks until I miss playing a template - then I switch. ;)

Favorites are:

Disco or peace tamer, Sampire, Lumberjack Leach Pally, Disco Archer, Mystic THunter, Fisher, Crafter, and lately a Necro Tamer.

Every shard I play on has at least a THunter, crafter, fisher, disco archer, some type of dexer and a tamer. Well, except Siege.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have tamers, sampires, crafters, mystics - but my go-to template anymore whenever feasible is the gargoyle mystic, because he can just cast Rising Colossus and fly away until time for the next one - a very lazy play style :)

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
the kind that everyone loves to hate =) I devour the remains of inactive accounts and regurgitate them to the good people of Atlantic and a slightly outrageous price....

Calla Lily

Journeyman
I have two active accounts.

Resource gatherer (lumberjack/miner)
Mage/tamer
Warrior (swords)
Fisher (swords)
Crafter (smith/tailor/carpenter/tinker)
Mystic/mage (gargoyle)
Chef/artificer/mage
Archer/bowyer (chivalry)
Thief (elf, fencing)
Necromancer/mage/assassin
Treasure hunter (fencing)
Pure mage (alchemist/scribe)
Mystic (elf, magery/mysticism/spellweaving)
Samurai (Bushido, swords)

Last edited: