• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What to wear when fighting Travesty

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any equipment my tamer needs to avoid wearing while fighting Travesty? I was thinking of using typical stuff like lower reagent cost, lower mana cost, and resists as high as I can get. Thanks in advance

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can pretty much wear whatever you want.

It's your skills that are copied, Travesty's resists stay at Travesty's norm, as far as I've seen (my proof is: while fighting Travesty in a group, use an animal form or polymorph yourself into an animal. Then animal lore Travesty.)

O

o Kraken o

You do not want to bring the skills Peacemaking and Discordance when you fight Travesty.
Trav will copy the skills and slaughter you and your pet.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can pretty much wear whatever you want.

It's your skills that are copied, Travesty's resists stay at Travesty's norm, as far as I've seen (my proof is: while fighting Travesty in a group, use an animal form or polymorph yourself into an animal. Then animal lore Travesty.)
Thank you, that's good to know. I've only fought Travesty once and the fight didn't last long. :)

You do not want to bring the skills Peacemaking and Discordance when you fight Travesty.
Trav will copy the skills and slaughter you and your pet.
Well I have two tamers I may try it with. One is a tamer with spellweaving. Do you think that's a good or bad idea? The other is a warrior tamer. I saw a Youtube of a player soloing Travesty with a warrior tamer. I'll be with one other person but I figure if I can solo it, then with another person it should go a bit faster. Thanks for any advice

O

o Kraken o

Well I have two tamers I may try it with. One is a tamer with spellweaving. Do you think that's a good or bad idea? The other is a warrior tamer. I saw a Youtube of a player soloing Travesty with a warrior tamer. I'll be with one other person but I figure if I can solo it, then with another person it should go a bit faster. Thanks for any advice
I think you can do Travesty just the two of you if you look out for each other. I have once done Travesty in a group of 3. We were 1 mage, 1 mage bard and a mage tamer with a Cu Sidhe. It was slow and we had to be careful, but it worked.

I have never tried to solo Travesty myself, but I guess spell weaving (with a high focus) would be a good skill to bring.

When Travesty is near death she teleports and spawns ninjas. If you are unable to kill Travesty fast enough after she teleports the first time, she will teleport again and summon more ninjas. She will continue to do this until you are drowning in ninjas and die or you lose enough time fighting the ninjas to get auto-kicked out of the peerless area.

Spell weaving will help you kill off Travesty faster after her initial teleportation.

If you go as a warrior tamer, then I suspect your warrior side has to be fairly powerful to make any positive difference.

Edit:
Shelleybean I have now seen the video on YouTube, which you mention (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm4ANoz5SWY). The guy is a Wammy (Wraith Samurai). A wammy (wraith samurai) or a sammy (samurai vampire) can solo Travesty without pets if they have the right gear and know what they are doing. I believe the guy in the video only uses pets to speed up the killing of Travesty. The beetle for special move which lowers the targets armour resist and the nightmare for the extra damage. The wammy in the video is actually powerful enough to fight Travesty himself and only brings in the pets later. So if your warrior is a wammy or sammy, which can go face to face with Travesty without running away, then you have a good chance of soloing her. Your pets will just make the fighting time more reasonable.

I will mention this though: In the video the guy is quite lucky that Travesty does not teleport further away and even luckier that Travesty moves back towards him! You must be prepared that Travesty can teleport to the opposite end of the area and you will have to fight significantly more side spawn.