• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What to tame now...

Trooper

Visitor
Hi, I'm back after 10 years. How do I know if my old pets are any good compared to new stuff? Also, what "core" pets should I have now? I have an old white warm, 2 dragons, 2 mares, not sure what else.

SSooRRaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shoot me a PM i can help with any questions you got, but KEEP all those older pets- DO NOT train them yet they are worth A LOT now :)

Aestra

Adventurer
Just to reiterate. Don’t train them. Every person I’ve ever mentored that came back I say don’t train them yet. They don’t listen and go ruin a pet. Don’t be that guy

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A day at Luna bank as observed by worn out tamer:

Returneé: "Uh I hear that old pets are worth money now?"
-Yeah, they can be. PP ww go for 200 - 400m depending on intensity. PP Nm's 100-200m.

Returneé: "Wow really?! I have one nightmare I tamed in 2001. 525str. Any good?"
- "yeah , you can put the stats in on uo-cah.com and see if the stats are good. Select nightmare (legacy). Just dont hit the training button!"

Returneé: "Okay, so you think I should sell it?"
- "Well if you need the money, sure."

Now one of two things happens:
1) Dude sells his PP Nightmare to some dude who lowballs at 20m.
2) Dude goes "I think I'll try to train it!" clicks the training button anyway. Promptly clicks the red button to see what it does, once he got one first level..
Comes back a few hours later and says:
"Hey, I added 700 int,rest into strength, hp and mana.I selected magery mastery.. why cant I add any moves or abilities? What are regens for? What do you mean stamina needs to be 150 for maximum swing speed?"
Ruined...

Seen this too many times,

Foot note.
I'll gladly buy your legacy pets at a fair but discounted price if you want it to remain pristine for ages.
The best ones remains untouched and preserved in my stables.
Alternatively, I can also help you train it if you want or sell it for you.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You should go to EM Events to get an idea of what pets people are using.

Most have Cu's and slugs (triton) Some still go with the Greater Dragons.

Trooper

Visitor
Ok, not sure what info is needed on the pets, but here is the intensity rating and value for my pets according to the Intensity calculator.

2 nightmares 1st is 84.53% 4984
2nd. 64.76% 4915
2 dragons. 1 is. 80.23/6879
2 is. 85.39/6897
2 W wyrms. 1 is. 72.48/6478
2 is. 90.91/6553
And a fire steed at. 44.04/3003

Do I need more info to see if they are with doing the new training or not?

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Keep the dragons stabled if they are 3 slot, you cant train these 2 rounds due to antiexploit code. They slot jump to 4 slots rightaway if you hit the training button.

Wyrms , what is the cold resist om 90.91?%
Id defoo be interested in the good NM.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 nightmares 1st is 84.53% 4984
Not common to get a NM above 80%. Hold onto that till you learn how to make it a nice AI/Chiv killer.
Don't get lowballed by the guy who wants to buy it at a discount.

Dragons and firesteeds junk.

WWs depend on str. Ppl want 760 str.

Trooper

Visitor
Yes, the mares, dragons and white wyrms are pre-patch.

The mares (2slot)
both have 525/125/125
Night: 57/32/38/37/22 and
Beau 63/35/35/36/28 on resist.

The white wyrms: 3 slot
Nova: 741/130/402 with 70/24/88/45/47
Novete: 760/125/418 with 70/25/84/50/47

Dragons: 3 slot
Rictor: 825/92/456 with 65/64/40/30/39
Keirra: 825/105/462 with 65/65/38/35/39

Unless they are worth a ton, im probably going to keep and train them eventually.

Any additional help with what to train first and how is greatly appreciated. Though to learn the training, I might practice on my crafters beetle first, lol.

Branden

Journeyman
Train a few Cu first you don’t want to mess up pre patch pets or take them to the test center n try out what you want because once you start training there no going back

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes train Cus and lesser hiryus.
They can get all the magics.
They are disposable pets.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just to reiterate. Don’t train them. Every person I’ve ever mentored that came back I say don’t train them yet. They don’t listen and go ruin a pet. Don’t be that guy
I've seen a bane that made my eyes bleed. Untouched damage increase. High HP, of course, but low str. Skills selected based on "hmm this sounds cool". I have not seen it in a year or two though. Must have died from shame.

Ning

Journeyman
Good move to ask the pros here. They'll guide you right. I've got two nice pets still stabled until I get all the appropriate scrolls and I feel comfortable that I won't screw them up. Without their advice I most certainly would have gone ahead and ruined them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good move to ask the pros here. They'll guide you right. I've got two nice pets still stabled until I get all the appropriate scrolls and I feel comfortable that I won't screw them up. Without their advice I most certainly would have gone ahead and ruined them.
Don't have fear. When you understand the base build you can build any pet.

We have test center, the pet planner, this forum, and you can PM me or others with the lore pages and get a step by step guide.

I have been having fun doing the Tokuno killing quest with lots of different pet types.

The bad thing is so many abilities do not do much even tho they sound cool.

Ning

Journeyman
I appreciate you guys and your knowledge. Right now I have trust issues. Until I have a complete scroll set in hand I don't trust myself to get lazy or impatient and half-ass it. I've known myself for over 50 years, that guy is sketchy as hell.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im excited to get started! Should I get a race change on my tamer to elf? He's human now.
My tamers are human. One has all Cu colors except blaze built. I got them from players trying to get a Blaze Cu.
I would kill paragons so they could keep taming. They would give me any I wanted.

My other has all the Hiryu and Lesser Hiryu colors and no Cus.