• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What to tame and what to do with this?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have recently made a return to Sosaria and if I told you that I wasn't confused by the taming changes, I would be lying.

What pets are good all around pets right now? I haven't used it yet but I have a taming mastery III book and I am all 120 real skill in the 3 taming skills. If it is a new pet, where can I find it.

I am also wondering how to finish this guy. I have read that people don't like shadow wyrms but I have always wanted one so I went out and tamed it right away. I have him almost done with the gm skills but have done nothing else.

gloom1.png

gloom2.png

gloom3.png

I will be continuing training its skills on a shadow elemental and he should be mostly GM soon.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
New(ish) Pets that are really good (in my opinion - not got to train many):
Dimetrosaurs (for spawns and fighting mass numbers - do not take anywhere where they can accidentally poison bystanders you don't want to kill)
Dragon Turtle Hatchlings - if you can get one of the rare 4-slotters and train it up (mostly by adding regens, resists, DPI, powerscrolls - then whatever will fit)
Giant Beetles and Fire Beetles - especially if you have a tamer/T-hunter, the classic blue becomes spawn killer and packy all in one.
Cold Drakes: Many consider these (spawn from level 6-7 T-maps in tram/fel) to be superior, trained up, that many GDs or Frost Dragons.

If your can get a pet already above 115 in a skill, you can sometimes forget about improving that skill and work on the others (I've got 1 pet that is 118.1 magery, and another that is similarly close to that in wrestling cap, so it works out well)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I've read the Bushido Lesser Hiryu are diamond in the rough. There very good for spawning. Personally, I like Plantium and Stygian Drakes. That way you have one of each type of damage type. A lot of people have been making builds for Cushide. One I think would be good is frost dragon.

Problem with a lot of the new pets is being 100% physical damage.

Right now I think it's more about the pet template. There are a few on this forum that have a solid grasp and share their knowledge. While the rest of us including me are uncertain. Especially, with the slot bug. I have one bane dragon that's my favorite pet. I've copy and pasted over to test server 12 times testing points builds and minimax thing.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We like the platinum/crimson drakes for their damage types, have least 1 of each, some two. The cold drakes for a lot of things, good spawners, good for shadowguard. We have four different trained Shadow wyrm...and *gasp* we actually use them... because come on they are shadow wyrms and they don't suck as bad as people say, though they do have a couple of problems. We also have a gaggle of Frost dragons that are used quite often. Even a former two slot reptalon with chiv.

We are on Chesapeake if you ever want to see some of our pets in action and if you need any cold drakes... let us know... we have plenty.